• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime you cannot stand!

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
Years
    • Pokemon: for lack of any significant change in formula since the FIRST season.
    • Naruto: for all the fillers, but I love the manga.
    • Bleach: exactly the same as above.
    • Code Geass: I tried watching this anime, and although the plot wasn't horrible, the character designs got on my nerves. No one's neck should be that long. And it doesn't help that everybody and their mother had a Code Geass sig when it was more popular.
    • Lucky Star: I don't see how anyone living outside of Japan can enjoy this, let alone get a good laugh out of it.
    • Yu-Gi-Oh 5Ds: You soil the name of Yu-Gi-Oh almost as much as GX.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    Bakugan Battle Brawlers
    Pokémon season 6+
    One Piece
    BOBOBOBOBOBOBOBOBO (whatever this show's called)

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
  • Mostly Naruto because it clogs the internet (like Youtube) with junk. Now I can't even try it to see if I'd actually like it because it's gotten such a bad image in my head. I did see a little of it once and thought it was too dumb.

I also don't like Azumanga Daioh. It's a good anime, I'd actually say it's a classic, but after I watched Lucky Star, I realized that I just couldn't enjoy it due to how I couldn't relate to it. Oh yeah and Lucky Star has FAMILY! The writers actually managed to write the family into the serious and give them plots. Plus the colors in the show are so pretty and the whole setting seems like such a Barbie world, with the pink school and uniforms and all.

Kanon ... terrible art
    God yes, That stuff looks almost like an American poser did it.

Cloche

エスパーレディ
    Years
  • Tactics, Noein, Avatar, Bleach, Naruto, Inuyasha, Blood+ Basically all Adult Swim Anime, OVERRATED!!!

Last edited:

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender - That abomination to anime used to be decent...but I still don't like it much. The term "Avatar" is used misleadingly; I thought it was the main character's name (who's actually known with the more retarded name of "Aang" - makes my mouth feel weird even uttering it), and I didn't even know "avatars" existing in real life (I think I was in elementary school when I first heard about it.) And some kid once had the audacity to say it's better than Naruto... Pshh!! In its crappy dreams, maybe! Not in reality, that's for sure.

Bakugan Battle Brawlers -
    only a smidge of the song and some of the Bakugan are decent; otherwise, it's terribly made. The actual series is worse, comprised of characters with repulsive hairstyles (i.e., that little blonde boy who looks like a pseudo-ripoff of Max from Pokemon), uninspired monsters (i.e., the Max-clone's Bakugan), convoluted rules (at times like these I love Yu-Gi-Oh!/GX/5Ds's simplicity and awesomeness), and a poor plot (the only way cards fall out of the sky in a large mass like that is if a WarGreymon arrives on the scene and decimates a helicopter full of cards, in my opinion).

Dinosaur King
    - ugly-looking dinosaurs beating each other up. In virtually EACH episode. Woo-hoo. :cer_sneeze: Only good part is that the awesome Veronica Taylor's in it...

Pokemon (partially)
    - IMO, the anime was peaking until Pokemon Advanced, where things started to decline. (except the awesome theme songs of the Adv.Generation series:D) I still like a few episodes from that generation and even in the DP series, but the script is getting way too competitive. Some fanfics probably would help it a lot! Here's hoping the Pokemon anime returns to form in the future (and revamps the currently-horrid Galactic Battles theme!)

Yu-Gi-Oh! Original/GX (partially) - only reason is because GX did not even finish fully in the U.S., and it eventually completely deviated from the oft-advertised "duel school" concepts, which I thought was intriguing at first. It even had the guts to rip off of WInged Dragon of Ra, Slifer, and Obelisk!

With the original YGO, the only reason is because the plot is supposed to be pretty subpar (it's just dueling sugarcoated with a decent plot, basically!) but it's still fun to watch! Maybe it's because of Yami Yugi/Atem's awesome VA, Dan Green!

DBZ/GT - The much of the original DragonBall I've read so far is hilarious! But for the latter part of DBZ and the majority of GT is just buffed-up Saiyans charging energy, releasing said energy via attacks, and flying all-over. You've seen one Ki-blast, you've pretty much seen the majority of, if not all of, the DBZ/GT series. Again, not supposed to be too intriguing, but it still is! :P

I used to hate Bo x7, but I got used to the really abstract humor later on; it was slightly OK, I guess.

One Piece - only because Zolo's Funimation voice (awesome dubbers, btw) is awful! The version I heard at least, don't know if it has improved by now. He's not that old...right?

My taste for mecha-oriented anime is diminishing; you can only do so much with giant robots these days (the ones in Power Rangers look awesome, though). The last mecha anime I've read is Jinki: Extend...it was good, since the last time I've seen it. But maybe that's because of the interesting character design plus the hot female pilots of the Jinki...

This is what I remember for now, but the three that I majorly despise with a passion are Dino King, BBB, and that Avatar nonsense. *sighes* And any crappy/poorly-made 12-episode-esque anime that wastes materials that could be used to further other franchises. For example:

NARUTO FTW! Yeah, I said it! But I'm not a Narutard, rather, I am a Narultimate Hero! :P :t038:

Last edited:

SooHee

Lame Trainer
    Years
  • oh lawl. i never really thought about this but i would say. basically any anime that's on adult swim. gayest crap ever.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    -Pokemon after Kanto(Except for the Japanese version of Pocket Monsters Crystal: Raikou, Legend of Thunder)

-Digimon(except for seasons 1 and 3)

-Yu-Gi-Oh and all of its incarnations

-Naruto

-Anything Yaoi Related

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • Someone please explain to me just WHAT is so appealing about:

--Naruto (I honestly tried to watch episode 1 and gave up, it was so confusing)
    Ninjas wearing flashy clothes, not sneaking and using magic to battle. Yup.
    Ninjas are cool.

--Lucky Star (fell asleep in the middle of the first episode)
    Obscure anime references, sometimes aimed at people my mothers age (well, at least she understood some references, which seems to be a good start.)
    Also lesbian undertones, which will ALWAYS find a decent number of fans.

Back