• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Anime You're Currently Watching?

pkmin3033

I just picked up Unbreakable Machine Doll at random, even though I typically don't care for light novel adaptations. But this one has made a positive impression on me for its so-godawful-its-hilarious stereotypical English accent dub. I can't stop laughing. Even if it turns out to be utter trash, at least I got a laugh out of it already. xD

Life

[FONT="Poiret One"][color=#aaaaaa]Perception of Re
    Years
  • I'm currently watching Full Metal Panic, it's funny. xD
    I've also started on Detective Conan.

After discovering that I happened to have The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya lying around in my hard drive, I decided to watch it.

And apparently Nagi no Asukara is in it as well. Nice, I'll watch it after completing Haruhi Suzumiya and FSN.

Lemme give you advice, do NOT watch the 2nd season of Haruhi Suzumiya. The "Endless 8" episodes will make you go nuts.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Lemme give you advice, do NOT watch the 2nd season of Haruhi Suzumiya. The "Endless 8" episodes will make you go nuts.

I've heard of it, and who the heck cares bring on Endless Eight AHAHAHAHA I'll regret it lol

Years
  • I've heard of it, and who the heck cares bring on Endless Eight AHAHAHAHA I'll regret it lol

Make a game out of it! And then r8 it an 8.

Why... it was...
    FUN
    YEA, FUN!
    FREAKIN' FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN! O.O
    Especially watching it as an ongoing o.O

ENDLESS 8 IS GR8.

Anyway, since my last post, I've watched the 5 shows I record on Toonami for the night of March 7th, finished Inou Battle, started and finished Rail Wars, started Ika Musume back up from the beginning, watched more Naruto, more XY, more DRRR!!, more Saekano, and got 1/3 of the way into Maoyu.

pkmin3033

So, I finally picked up A Certain Magical Index the other day...would you believe that I'm actually really enjoying it? I'm only 8 episodes in, but I'm intrigued...magic, religion and science all in the same place generally leads to a complete clusterfuck of a show, but this is actually blending quite well. I quite like Index as a character - and I have absolutely no idea why; I usually detest obnoxious characters like her - and I'm intrigued as to where they'll take it...

Years
  • Have you been ongoing-ing it? :P

Never watched it live. Watched all 8 episodes in two days or thereabouts. I probably would have enjoyed the hell out of the fan rage following it live, though. :P

And I actually had an idea for a drinking game related to the E8 pop into my head this morning, haha.

So, I finally picked up A Certain Magical Index the other day...would you believe that I'm actually really enjoying it? I'm only 8 episodes in, but I'm intrigued...magic, religion and science all in the same place generally leads to a complete cluster**** of a show, but this is actually blending quite well. I quite like Index as a character - and I have absolutely no idea why; I usually detest obnoxious characters like her - and I'm intrigued as to where they'll take it...

If you run out of anime, dive into the light novels for the Index story. It's a pretty fun ride.

A Certain Scientific Railgun is a part of that series family as well, and sort of tells the story from a different perspective.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
  • So... currently watching Kamichama Karin, about 4 episodes so far.
    I thought it was a stupid magical girl, but turned to be absurdly funny. It hasn't really aged well tho (their eyes look like bugs, lol, Clannad has nothing to be ashamed of).

I want everyone to take a second and watch the transformation scene, it's just hilarious:

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2017
    i'm currently watching mekakucity actors. ene is love, ene is life. <3

pkmin3033

If you run out of anime, dive into the light novels for the Index story. It's a pretty fun ride.

A Certain Scientific Railgun is a part of that series family as well, and sort of tells the story from a different perspective.
    If the anime keeps entertaining me I just well might...I've never actually read any light novels before, so starting with one based on a series I've enjoyed would be a good place to~

Railgun is next on my list; I just need to decide whether to watch it after I've watched Index, or whether to split it up - watch the first season after Index, then S after Index II, then the movie.

Back