• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Anime You're Currently Watching?

bill flibby

Chase is my favorite
Years
  • Started watching Food Wars to my list of currently airing shows, which includes Fruits of Grisaia, My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU 2, Nisekoi 2, and Fate/Stay Night.

I really hope that Log Horizon gets another season. My first anime was Sword Art Online, so those types of anime are dear to me.

Also, forever waiting for the next anime installment of Tokyo Ghoul >_>

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    I'm watching some old animes: Sakura Wars, Yumeiria, Utawarerumono (cosplaying as Hakuoro and I'm meeting it's japanese VA at the con in Montreal!). Also watching some shows of the season and will watch more animes of the season in two weeks.

Years
  • Started the first season of Nisekoi and Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun. Also started up Michiko and Hatchin because it started on Toonami this weekend. So I'm watching everything on Toonami now except Attack on Titan. I'm also watching Naruto and Dragon Ball.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
  • Re-watched Humanity has declined last week. I remembered while I love Romeo's works. I will hopefully see the movie he has written soon as well.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • I told myself I wouldn't watch episode 12 of Oregairu Zoku because I'd rather read it first but I caved in. So I'm still watching that. I tried watching Seven Deadly Sins but I think I'm going to drop it in favour of the manga.
    Why, I thought the anime was pretty good for what it was? :p

Started the first season of Nisekoi and Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun. Also started up Michiko and Hatchin because it started on Toonami this weekend. So I'm watching everything on Toonami now except Attack on Titan. I'm also watching Naruto and Dragon Ball.
    Yay, Nozaki-kun! :D Loved that series. Always nice to see more and more people watching it. :3

I finished D.Gray Man recently. Wondering what I should start next. Want something entertaining and not very taxing to the grey matter. :v

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
  • As per recommendation of several users here I'm watching Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru.

I will following up with season 2 later, as soon as it ends :)

Years
  • Why, I thought the anime was pretty good for what it was? :p

You mean Seven Deadly Sins? It was okay, but it wasn't enjoyable enough to keep my attention for 20 minutes when I could just rush through the manga which would help me ignore that it was mediocre. I'm at 110 and I'd say it never got better and it didn't exactly start off well anyway. People obviously enjoy it because it sells really well, but I am not one of those people.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • ^ My friend actually told me to watch Seirei no Moribito, the anime in your signature. I haven't seen much but I'll probably watch the rest soon :3

Years
  • I finished up Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun on Tuesday night. Was a fun bit.

I then watched more Naruto, Dragon Ball, and Nisekoi tonight to correspond with that, and at the end of the night I started R.O.D. the TV animation. This last one seems like it'll be fun. Paper powers, while an absurd concept, seem like they'll be quite fun and intriguing.

Akyso

❤ (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚ ✧ sparkle for you ❤
    Years
  • I'm watching Mikagura School Suite... Anyone watching that? It's a bit weird and strange at first, but you'll get used to it... I only have a few more episodes to catch up on~! :D

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • ^ My friend actually told me to watch Seirei no Moribito, the anime in your signature. I haven't seen much but I'll probably watch the rest soon :3
    I've seen the show! It is pretty nice. Not like most shows you see these days what with its somewhat lax pacing and lack of fights every episode or two. But it was a pretty nice watch. Not to forget, fights, when they did take place, were downright spectacular. Eye-candy at its best. Also, Balsa, the MC, is among my top fave female characters of all time. <3

I finished up Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun on Tuesday night. Was a fun bit.

I then watched more Naruto, Dragon Ball, and Nisekoi tonight to correspond with that, and at the end of the night I started R.O.D. the TV animation. This last one seems like it'll be fun. Paper powers, while an absurd concept, seem like they'll be quite fun and intriguing.
    I've been thinking about giving R.O.D a shot for a while. But a friend of mine strictly forbade me to do it. Just said that the series is boring and not worth my time. So idk. :s

I'm watching Mikagura School Suite... Anyone watching that? It's a bit weird and strange at first, but you'll get used to it... I only have a few more episodes to catch up on~! :D
    Current season, right? Seen it on some people's lists. Never really caught my interest. But maybe I'll check it out later or something. I'm a fan of strange things anyway haha

Years
  • I've been thinking about giving R.O.D a shot for a while. But a friend of mine strictly forbade me to do it. Just said that the series is boring and not worth my time. So idk. :s

If you're looking for action and comedy 100% of the time, that's not what the series offers. It offers characters (still waiting on whether they're well-written or not since I'm only 1 episode in), occasional battle sequences with great animation for 2003/2004 (which is when it debuted), and the concept of "Paper Power" users (people who can control vast quantities of paper all at once to form the paper into things). I've yet to reach a proper verdict on the TV anime form.

I know for a fact that I had fun with the prequel OVA, which was more action-packed than the first episode of the TV anime. Explanations of the stuff in the animated forms is kind of lacking, though. If I were you, I'd give the OVA a watch no matter what that friend who forbade you says. Unless, for some reason, it's banned in your country/state/province/city. Judge it for yourself. The OVA including all OPs and EDs is about 1 1/2 hours in length.

The OVA has a strong steampunk side to it (particularly the villain), while the TV anime hasn't really shown any of that one episode in. Chronologically and by release, the OVA comes first. The TV anime has made a couple references to the OVA from what I have seen so far.

Last edited:

Axel Rose

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2015
    Naruto, part one. The episode is "The Oath of Pain". Besides the constant replays I'm really enjoying it. It's a sort of bargain: "Get two episodes in one".

Years
  • I just finished re-watching Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (seriously my favorite anime). I'm considering watching Project K or maybe Dragon Ball (and DBZ) for Dragon Ball Super. Which one is better?

Back