• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime's that need to go away forever.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
    Years
    In your opinion. What anime, dubbed or subbed, do you believe need to be done away with? If you were the owner of the production company, what anime would you cancel? You, the reader, are now the god of Anime, what Anime do you say needs to vanish from the face of media?

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Its a matter of opinion. FMA's storyline was fairly bland and somewhat generic. The characters were easy to read and held very little interest...lets not forget that they tend to kill off the more worthwhile characters as soon as they start to really show progress. I haven't had a chance to watch brotherhood yet, but from what I've heard it takes what the original FMA was, flushes it down the toilet for the horrible waste it was, and erects a new shiny golden alter in place of the toilet.

Despite my like of the manga, Soul Eater. Its Anime was low budget and they just gave up and rushed the ending. The manga ended up having the same ending scenario which was really heartbreaking and I think they ended up canceling the spin off Manga to Soul Eater before it even really hits it off.

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2023
    You should just enjoy FMA for the shounen anime it is...its not suppose to be thought provoking or pseudointellectual or anything like that.. i personally enjoy FMA brotherhood even though i generally shun shounen. And yeah FMA brotherhood is way better than original FMA.

As for OP i would probably say Naruto. that really needs to die off and vanish forever.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    >even though i generally shun shounen
    >knocking a series because of length

Come on PC, stop being childish.

FMA (I've only seen Brotherhood) but it is undoubtedly more than your average battle shounen, in terms of everything. Perhaps I am just another rabid fanboy, eh? Sounenfags don't know jack, right? Naruto is fairly long but if you remove the filler the story is still pretty focused. If you want to pick on a series aimed at young teens for being bad then surely you should pick one of the truly bad ones, Reborn maybe? Fairy Tail?

Soul Eater had a low budget? I'm a bit surprised considering the studio that made it. I've heard about the filler ending but I've also heard the manga ending isn't much better. Id also like to add that a low budget does not make an anime bad, I've seen shoestring projects turn out far better than top of the line stuff on a lot of occasions.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    Fairy tail is good and I think one piece shouldn't finish but finish the whole pirate king thing and start again with luffy as the pirate king and his new shenanigans and fighting to keep his title.

Naruto should end I don't understand the whole point of shippuden. I also dislike a lot of Gundam/transformers ripp offs and they should end immediately pacific rim was bad enough.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Fairy tail is good

Boobs are. Music in the anime can be. Mashima's art after he stopped ripping odd Oda is. Plot when they're dong random fun things can be. Plot when he's trying to be somewhat serious is the worst thing in the world.

one piece shouldn't finish but finish the whole pirate king thing and start again with luffy as the pirate king and his new shenanigans and fighting to keep his title.

I'm glad you aren't writing the story. One Piece is about adventure, fun and the journey. Seeing him going around punching people because they want his title title should be kept to boxing manga.

Naruto should end I don't understand the whole point of shippuden.

I don't understand how you could not understand the point of the continuation of a linear story. I could understand if you just stopped finding the series fun but really.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    Are we allowed opinions and also with luffy defending hi title it would be like he goes on long voyages looking for treasure and along the way he meets foes who wish to challenge him as the pirate king it could make for some interesting adventures.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Of course we are all allowed opinions, I'm also allowed to question them.

Luffy has never been motivated by finding treasure though, really. Going out on adventures and stuff, yeah sure but the world they're living in will be a far quieter place by the time he achieves his goal so it'll be less interesting. Also by the time he is Pirate King his powerlevel will be at the point where he is almost untouchable*, to keep any fights interesting Oda would have to pull ridiculously powerful guys out of his arse every few months, ridiculously powerful guys that have had no impact on the world changing events of the previous chapters. I can see why you like Fairy Tail.

Spoiler:

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2023
    eh lapras i like FMA brotherhood. have you seen the original? thats the one im "knocking down" on as its bad compared to FMA brotherhood. in fact i feel brotherhood is the exception to the norm of shounen series. the storyline, animation quality all decent

you defending naruto though...i seen that situation before. im out of here.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    FMA brotherhood having just 'decent' animation, storyline and characters? Please, I can understand if the kind of story or genre as a whole does not appeal to you, but to call FMAB as nothing more than a generic shounen anime lacking lacking a good story with merely 'decent' animation is just ridiculous. What some of you are describing is, like lappy said, something like Fairy Tail. FMAB is one of the best shounen anime out there. It breaks away from so many cliches and has so many good things about it that it being called a generic shounen is just something I find stupid, I'm sorry.

As for One Piece, I agree with lappy once more. Not when it comes to naruto, though. Although I do not think it is as ****** as some people do, I still view part one as being superior to it in every single aspect. So partially agree, I guess.

As for which I want to just end....hmm, probably something like H.O.T.D. I'll post my reasons in another post.

Journeys

Nah, but I would like to see the Ash-anime ending soon and have something more along the lines of Pokémon Origins take its place. Or an anime adaptation of Pokémon Special/Adventures. The Ash-anime has been running for too long and all its gags has been used before... in my opinion ;) I've heard people say the Kalos saga seems fresh though, so maybe I shouldn't judge it before I've seen it.

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2014
    Eh. If you don't like a certain anime, you can just avoid it. No big deal, is it? For example, I find... One piece as a quick-think example a bad anime. Is there any logic to stop the anime entirely because I don't like it? No, there isn't. There are a lot of people who do like the series, is the point of this thread to breed hate or something? It does feel that way to me and also, I see this thread as a differently written form of "Which anime do you hate?" or "dislike" rather, the theme of this thread is quite childish in my opinion, but whatever floats your boat, I guess. It's your party.

Journeys

Eh. If you don't like a certain anime, you can just avoid it. No big deal, is it? For example, I find... One piece as a quick-think example a bad anime. Is there any logic to stop the anime entirely because I don't like it? No, there isn't. There are a lot of people who do like the series, is the point of this thread to breed hate or something? It does feel that way to me and also, I see this thread as a differently written form of "Which anime do you hate?" or "dislike" rather, the theme of this thread is quite childish in my opinion, but whatever floats your boat, I guess. It's your party.
    Well, sometimes you can get a bit sad when an anime (or other show, for that matter) starts out great for a couple of seasons and then sort of feels finished but keeps going anyways and declines in quality. You kind of wish that it had ended there and then and let you imagine your own continuation of the characters' lives :3 At least that's how I've felt sometimes. I don't have great examples for anime specifically though, mostly other series.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    Oh god, how can I forget that?! Yes, Pokemon main anime needs to die. It sucks. Period. Origins, although rushed, was much better.

Edit - if the 'which band/artist do you wish would just stop making music/vanish from the face of music industry' thread was allowed then I don't see why this shouldn't. Though I do see where you're coming from, deci. Also, @decimosoma just curious, why do you think one piece is a bad anime? I can understand that the anime has, in fact, has been pretty bad for a number of reasons after timeskip [bad animation/pacing issues] but the majority of preskip anime was pretty good. Don't see how that makes the entirety of anime bad. Unless you dislike it for different reasons.

Last edited:

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2014
    @decimosoma just curious, why do you think one piece is a bad anime? I can understand that the anime has, in fact, has been pretty bad for a number of reasons after timeskip [bad animation/pacing issues] but the majority of preskip anime was pretty good. Don't see how that makes the entirety of anime bad. Unless you dislike it for different reasons.

No, you misunderstood. I just took One Piece as a example, I used One Piece as a example because it was the first then came to mind about this disccusion.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Any anime that isn't well-loved and is polarized between those who love it and those who hated it. Allowing polarizing anime to exist could start flame wars that could potentially destroy the internet as we know it, just like real war.

Back