• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime's that need to go away forever.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
    Years
    Mind telling me what 'dragged on' means in your dictionary then, my friend? Because, well, as far as I am aware, it DOES refer to things that go on for longer than they're supposed to. But I'd be glad if I could learn some new meaning of it or something. Always cool with learning new stuff. ;I

And I'm not making **** up, lol. Just tell me, when did you answer my question again? Coz I ain't seeing any answers.

it was my understanding you were "Done." Anyway, I was quoting you. The whole dragged on thing. And I told you I believe it didn't drag on. I've made it clear that he end of the series was it's peak. It was great till the end. There's your answer, hombre.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    Apparently, I just can't stop myself if someone calls me a person who just makes **** up for his own convenience and runs away in case of a disagreement.
    Because that's not me and I felt the need to justify myself. Sorry, I guess? :p

Ah, so it seems that it really was a case of misinterpretation of your words on my part. I believe that the way you wrote that, though...anybody would interpret it like I did. Either way, I still disagree. It's just a case of different opinions on the series now, it seems. Can't do anything about it.

OT - I can't believe I forgot this. K-on! Oh. My. God. I hate it so much. Sure, art style is good. I like the OP and the EDs, as generic as they are. But the content itself...ugh. I hate it the most out of any anime I have ever seen. Because nothing literally happens. They go about eating cakes and drinking tea and just girls being girls. Nothing. The little time I spent watching it was just good for nothing. I sincerely wish it didn't exist.

Years
    Apparently, I just can't stop myself if someone calls me a person who just makes **** up for his own convenience and runs away in case of a disagreement.
    Because that's not me and I felt the need to justify myself. Sorry, I guess? :p

Ah, so it seems that it really was a case of misinterpretation of your words on my part. I believe that the way you wrote that, though...anybody would interpret it like I did. Either way, I still disagree. It's just a case of different opinions on the series now, it seems. Can't do anything about it.

OT - I can't believe I forgot this. K-on! Oh. My. God. I hate it so much. Sure, art style is good. I like the OP and the EDs, as generic as they are. But the content itself...ugh. I hate it the most out of any anime I have ever seen. Because nothing literally happens. They go about eating cakes and drinking tea and just girls being girls. Nothing. The little time I spent watching it was just good for nothing. I sincerely wish it didn't exist.

I find that idleness of K-On! entertaining. Then again I find a lot of things entertaining. Like watching the outside world through a window. Good to know that you don't seem to enjoy slice-of-life moeblob series, though. Helps me when recommending things to you.

TrainerTimothy, I enjoyed the Buu and Trunks sagas (in fact I enjoyed almost every DB series and saga from an entertainment standpoint), but to be honest DBZ had jumped the shark well before then, and they weren't any better or worse than the Freiza saga story-wise.

There is one series that absolutely needs to not exist, though, and it's because people constantly use it as a response to "What anime is this?" comments on YouTube videos. That series is Boku no Pico. I've been told it's not fit for human consumption, and based on the synposis of the series on MAL, I'm inclined to believe those people.

derozio

Years
    I don't know, donny, I haven't seen enough slice of life shows to say that I'd hate each of them. In fact, I am looking forward to watching nichijou. Or was it something else? Idk, but that looks pretty sweet. Though, to be actually honest, part of the reason why I dislike k-on as much as I do is because the series was advertised as a music anime sensation. I expected something like Nodame Cantabile which was awesome. And then I got...that. :<

And, tbh, I think Boku no Pico gets hate for no reason other than the fact that it has gay sex. There are those that say how horrifying it was but others that have seen it and describe it as nothing more than a show with a young guy having sex with an older guy. And, to be honest, I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with that. I don't hate homosexuality. In fact, from what I read, the kid actually enjoys it. It ain't like he's being raped. I've seen worse things. Try reading a guro manga. Now those are things that most people would probably not even be able to look at.
    Hentai with incest, rape or bdsm/fetish would be ranked much higher on my list of hentai not fit for human consumption.

This does not mean that I have any plans of watching boku no pico, though lol. I'm okay with my kateikyoushi no onee san and sora no iro mizu no iro. :p

Years
    I don't know, donny, I haven't seen enough slice of life shows to say that I'd hate each of them. In fact, I am looking forward to watching nichijou. Or was it something else? Idk, but that looks pretty sweet. Though, to be actually honest, part of the reason why I dislike k-on as much as I do is because the series was advertised as a music anime sensation. I expected something like Nodame Cantabile which was awesome. And then I got...that. :<

And, tbh, I think Boku no Pico gets hate for no reason other than the fact that it has gay sex. There are those that say how horrifying it was but others that have seen it and describe it as nothing more than a show with a young guy having sex with an older guy. And, to be honest, I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with that. I don't hate homosexuality. In fact, from what I read, the kid actually enjoys it. It ain't like he's being raped. I've seen worse things. Try reading a guro manga. Now those are things that most people would probably not even be able to look at.
    This does not mean that I have any plans of watching boku no pico, though lol. I'm okay with my kateikyoushi no onee san and sora no iro mizu no iro. :p

If you note, I said slice-of-life moeblob series, and anything advertising K-On! as anything else is false advertising. It's the standard for the "cute girls doing cute things" part of the slice-of-life genre. Azumangah Daioh and Nichijou are the standards for parodies of that subgenre.

BnP involves young boys, not men, from what I've been told. I draw a similar line with content involving young girls as well.

Anything excessively gorey like Gantz needs to go away. I can't see how people enjoy that. Blech.

derozio

Years
    Oh, moeblob. Missed that. Yeah, I dislike that. :p Might check out azumangah daioh too then!

And well yeah. One is like 10-12 and the other is probably 18-20 ish in Boku no Pico. I heard it is called shota. Not sure, though. Anyway, yeah, just saying that while that definitely is not my cup of tea, there are much worse things out there. And haha, guro mangas have gore. Lots of it. Gantz is like an innocent child in front of the horrifying stuff that I read the other day.

https://www.myanimelist.net/people/5114/Waita_Uziga
    This guy. I read his works. He got a messed up mind, lol. I dare you go read Death Face's 'Material'. Or even the other chapters. They're messed up.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I wish people would stop judging a book by its cover. One Piece has a unique art style but that doesn't make it a reason worthy enough for it to vanish from the face of the earth.

Just to set the record straight I watched my fair share of episodes up to where Chopper was first being introduced before dropping it altogether now so I did not automatically declare it drivel upon watching the first episode. I mostly meant the character personalities and length for some of the arcs there for the most part but again even though I can see others liking them they were simply not my cup of tea and regarding the vanishing from the face of the earth bit I did not mention that the series needs to go poof in an instant in my previous post but sooner or later a story has to end simply due to the creators losing ideas throughout 5 to 10 or even up to 15 to 20 years from now to where the arcs end up going nowhere for the most part and I am saying that about manga in general there. Sorry if this is a bit long winded btw.

derozio

Years
    Oh, I thought you're one of those 'the art style sucks itz so childish I hate it' types. Apologies. I understand that it can not please everyone. But to say that Eichiiro Oda is running out of ideas? That's not even remotely the case here. The guy thought his story through. The only problem is that his story is...well, a little too long. He's keeping the story fresh and exciting even after 14-15 years of it being serialised. :p And I realize you're talking about the anime but the anime follows the manga closely so I do not need to refer to them separately.

But yeah, I guess its just not for you. The manga's plot is doing great. In fact, the current arc has the potential to be one of the, if not THE, best arcs of One Piece. Not seeing him running out of steam right now. 5 years down the line? Maybe. Now? Nope, I'm enjoying the story a lot. Almost as much as I enjoyed some of the best previous arcs.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    Getting rid of One Piece would be the worst thing possible. Oda has created a pretty good setup and there are many questions still unanswered. It would be a shame.
    But Oda should broaden his character concepts (at least the concept of the female characters); I'm reading the manga and from arc to arc there seem to be more and more Nami and Robin clones.

Then there's Naruto (and Naruto Shipuuden). Even though the anime was full of filler episodes I actually enjoyed Naruto and even the beginning of Shipuuden wasn't so bad.
    As far as I've heard Kishimoto initially planed to finish Naruto a long time ago but the "fans" wanted him so bad to continue, that he didn't had a choice but to create Shipuuden. But don't quote me on that one ^^"
    Well, also I've heard Naruto seems to end at around chapter 700. Especially after the last arc which dragged on for so long it's the best idea to end it already.

I probably would get rid of Naruto Shipuuden in favour for an appropriate ending of the original Naruto series.

Also it seems that more and more of the newer anime series are simply bad. At least I don't find them interesting; the only series I still watch is Gintama (which is still cool)

derozio

Years
    Wait, Gintama started airing again?! THATS BIG NEWS OMG. Unless, of course, you're just watching the already released seasons.

And I agree wholeheartedly, R.F. Except for the part about oda's female character thing. If you're calling characters nami/robin clones based on how they look, I'd definitely agree with that. What with Rebecca looking just like nami and Violet closely resembling Robin. But personalities? I don't see much similarities with any characters, tbh.

Though yeah, as far as appearances go, I'd agree that Oda seemed to do much better with female characters pre-skip. We had characters which looked distinct and actually had pretty great personalities (Bellémere comes to mind). Not so much of the former now and even less of the latter kind these days. :[ And yeah, Oda has set up quite a lot. So many mysteries, so many factions, so many antagonistic characters, so many places in that vast world to explore and characters to meet. Damn, he's got a lot to cover. It'll probably take 10 more years for him to give us the conclusion he initially planned he'd write in 5 years time.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
    Years
    >even though i generally shun shounen
    >knocking a series because of length

Come on PC, stop being childish.

FMA (I've only seen Brotherhood) but it is undoubtedly more than your average battle shounen, in terms of everything. Perhaps I am just another rabid fanboy, eh? Sounenfags don't know jack, right? Naruto is fairly long but if you remove the filler the story is still pretty focused. If you want to pick on a series aimed at young teens for being bad then surely you should pick one of the truly bad ones, Reborn maybe? Fairy Tail?

What about Bleach? What about that trainwreck of a series that's long-since overstayed its welcome? I can forgive Reborn (although not the ending) and Fairy Tail, but Bleach is going to be on my hate list until I die. I've kept up with it since seventh grade and I used to roll my eyes at it because of how it has a huge cast but only ever focuses on a handful of them, but now I downright hate it because it completely overshot its ideal ending and forced onward to the Fullbringer arc. The Fullbringer arc only served to get Ichigo his powers back for the final arc, but the anime stopped after the Fullbringer arc so now it looks even stupider. God, I hate Bleach so much and if I didn't habitually read it I would have dropped it years ago. I can't wait for it to end.

Other than that, I dunno. I need moeblob in my life because I don't have to worry about fans crying about "muh ships" and "muh feels". It's a hell of a lot easier to put up with a waifu war than a shipping war.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    Sorry about my previous post I did not mean that Oda was running out of ideas as he is currently setting up the next chapter/episode but whithin a timeframe around up from 10 to even 20 years from now can a series like OP still continue on like it is now is what I am wondering atm but hey I may end up being proven wrong there as the series continues on. I wanted to say only time will tell there but I do not want to sound too corny now lol.

But regarding anime I absolutely loathe that have reached their respective conclusions I can only think of Kanokon and Rosario Vampire atm due to a multitude of reasons but include the comedy not being very funny if funny at all and when a moment is actually serious for once it feels uninspired and bland to where I feel like yelling JERRY JERRY JERRY just to make it at the very least a little entertaining for me while sitting through those respective shows. And if I wanted to see boobs and butts now I would have simply bought a Maxim from the nearest liquor store.

(Currently unsure about Rosario Vampire as far as continuation goes but regardless.)

I was going to mention Boku No Pico but Donavannj aready mentioned that little horror from Hell's well earlier.

Last edited:

derozio

Years
    I need
    moeblob in my life because I don't
    have to worry about fans crying
    about "muh ships" and "muh
    feels". It's a hell of a lot easier to
    put up with a waifu war than a
    shipping war.
    I've never seen a shipping war myself. Even though I watch everything except moeblob. Assuming shipping wars = fans going crazy on interwebz and claiming 'no he/she ends up with that person EFF YOU!!11'. What are waifu wars anyway? :p And I do agree. Bleach introduced too many characters and managed to develop no one. I'm attached to no one so I don't care who dies next or whatever. Tbh, I don't really care about Bleach all that much. Won't be depressed if Bleach got cancelled and vanished right now. Because as entertaining as it has become again, I'm not heavily invested in the story.

and, believe it or not, bleach is doing a lot better now. We actually have a pretty good after the FB arc. I dropped bleach shortly after soul society and picked it up now and I'm liking it. Actually more than shippuden at a lot of instances. :p

@Xulek - Ya gotta believe in GODA! [what fans call him. God + Oda = Goda!] The guy keeps his future arcs planned. He had a freaking hundreds of page book on his desk where he had written the story of an arc which is still nowhere in sight like 2-3 years ago. I'm pretty sure he won't run out of steam. His health, though, has been pretty bad these days. That's worrying. ;___;

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I love the Fairy Tail anime, it's one of my favorite but the dubbed version really needs to go away forever. Natsu's voice in the later episodes gets on my last nerves.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
    Years
    I've never seen a shipping war myself. Even though I watch everything except moeblob. Assuming shipping wars = fans going crazy on interwebz and claiming 'no he/she ends up with that person EFF YOU!!11'. What are waifu wars anyway? :p

I guess it's because I spend an assload of time on Tumblr but I've seen so many shipping wars that the thought of shipping makes me want to punch whoever brought the topic up. Then again, Tumblr's completely freakin' insane when it comes to absolutely everything because the fandom mentality is stupid and makes people do stupid things. In the larger, crazier fandoms like Homestuck, people will threaten to kill you if you say you ship the wrong pair. They'll also threaten to kill you if you cosplay a character the wrong way, RP a character the wrong way, don't support the right AUs, don't like the right crossovers, etc. The worst fandom for any anime I've ever seen is probably Durarara!!, though. A few people threatened to kill me because I don't like Shizaya. Also because I don't like Go-Onger. I dunno, it might just be Tumblr in general that I hate.

As for waifu wars, let's take Monogatari as an example. I say Kanbaru is the best girl because she is. You disagree and say Hanekawa is the best girl. We continue to argue about who the best girl is.

and, believe it or not, bleach is doing a lot better now. We actually have a pretty good after the FB arc. I dropped bleach shortly after soul society and picked it up now and I'm liking it. Actually more than shippuden at a lot of instances. :p

I'll hand you that the recent arc is better than Fullbringers, but I have to disagree with it being better than Naruto most of the time. The only time I like it over Naruto is when Naruto has a friendship speech chapter or a flashback chapter because holy crap there are so many. I understand the need for background exposition and that one of the core principles of Jump is to promote friendship but Naruto really goes overboard with both of those sometimes.

derozio

Years
    It probably has to do with the fact that I'm not so hot on the war itself. And neither the fact that it has been going on for a little too long now. Not a huuuge fan of how it is being handled, either. So I guess anything else seems better to me most of the time. :p But idk, I'm finding Bleach a lot more enjoyable. It ain't soul society level good but it definitely is some tiers above FB arc imo.

And oh my god. That's taking a bit too far. The forums I visit are filled with crazy fandom factions, yes, but nobody is that crazy. They do throw a bunch of swearings and racial comments your way sometimes but those who do get negged by the majority and the guy shuts up. :p Or they get banned. Idk, even narutoforums, as annoying as it is at times, is not as bad. Arlong park forums, One Piece forum, is full of elitist pricks. But still much better than that, wow. That's a new low. Threatening to kill due to wrong cosplay or shipping? Get the heck outta here! >___<'

Talking of dubbed versions disappearing, I just got reminded of 4kids version of One Piece. Damn. That ruined One Piece's initial voyage in the west. I wish THAT abomination gets erased from the minds of people and never do they think it ever existed. Just let them watch either the funi dub or the jap subs. ;___;

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    I'm not sure what I'd pick to not exist. Because even if I don't like it, I'm sure it's somebodys favorite out there. I've seen Fairy Tail and K-On! brought up here, and those are actually two of my favorites. I can see flaws with both and understand why people wouldn't like them, but I still enjoy watching them a lot. :3

Like, I didn't really like NGE or Clannad that much (I'll try and get through Clannad because I've heard lots of great things about it & After Story but I never ended up finishing it ;;) but I wouldn't want them to just not exist. I'd just... not watch them, haha.

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2022
    Okay, I must just say, those of you dissing the pokemon anime:

Doyouevenwatch? It's gotten so much better, far better with combat than the games - I mean come on, no environment manipulation? I still don't count EVs and type as strategy. L2dodge! Another thing is that the games do no justice to what the pokemon world is made of. The anime actually details the culture, economy, and political systems in that world. It tells us of the legends of heroes - rather than just glorifying the player.

Ash didn't get his badges because they cheated him out of it. They did it because the gym leaders were simply meant to reward PROGRESS. In Origins, Red only won against Brock because Brock used two pokemon - AND RED USED SIX. In the anime, that isn't allowed. Both sides must use the same number of pokemon, period. In addition, Ash cares for ALL of his pokemon - not just the six he has at the time. He may not be the best battler, but he IS the better TRAINER. And that's the point of the anime - it isn't meant to be a glorified brawlfest. It's about growing up, life lessons, friendship, hardship, etc. It shows that everyone has a place in the world, that compassion matters more than power, etc. The games DON'T do this.

So before you go dissing a series, actually watch it for its own merit - rather than comparing it to a group of games that reward you for focusing more on becoming strong than making bonds.

--

One Piece is fine. Fairy Tail anime should only be fillers. The anime is sparkly and all, but it's nothing compared to the manga versions. Bleach anime should die. I love the fillers, actually, I just mean the way normal events are progressed...time drags on too long.

Naruto > Shippuden. It actually had character development before "omg emo sasuke must be rescued trollolololol".

There's honestly only one anime I have pure and utter hate for:

TORIKO

It disgraced the manga, way...way too much...

Oh! And FMA was great. Whenever it actually got to the point. If you only watched FMAB, you're seriously missing out.

FMA had parallel universes, TOLD US PERFECTLY that it exists at the time of WW2 and that Christianity had died out long before the show's events started... And actually had consequences in response to the brothers' actions. Then again, I'm just a fan of tragedy. I guess seeing Ed find out that his brother had actually been replaced long ago by a spy meant to find out Ed's personal thoughts and weaknesses...just didn't interest any of you.

--

I pay attention when I watch things. Do you?

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
    Years
    guys how cab you say that though ?? are you all getting mad ? just think what didn't Anime give us ? Anime give us entertainment love comedy and many things doesn't it ? Anime most popular cartoon Dragonball z, Pokemon, Beyblade, Bakugan and many other hit worldwide you know India a place far from japan ? this country has ultimate hit for the anime Pokemon, Dragonball z, Beyblade these are most hitted shows in India but our bad india doesn't show any anime show twice ! but i don't have any reason to regart it. Anime is best anime, manga always will be top. And many other american Cartoon company can't produce that type of Cartoon that anime and manga does ! isn't it ?

Back