• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime's that need to go away forever.

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2016
    guys how cab you say that though ?? are you all getting mad ? just think what didn't Anime give us ? Anime give us entertainment love comedy and many things doesn't it ? Anime most popular cartoon Dragonball z, Pokemon, Beyblade, Bakugan and many other hit worldwide you know India a place far from japan ? this country has ultimate hit for the anime Pokemon, Dragonball z, Beyblade these are most hitted shows in India but our bad india doesn't show any anime show twice ! but i don't have any reason to regart it. Anime is best anime, manga always will be top. And many other american Cartoon company can't produce that type of Cartoon that anime and manga does ! isn't it ?

Totally second that.
    Nevertheless, anime isnt the same as before.

Moe and boobs are destroying it, and answering to the topic, I should say, most of actual animes.
    Things have gotten ridiculous with so much focus on cute girls, retarded main characters, and poor slice-of-life plots.

I'm not saying awesome animes are not made anymore, but it's a very small percentage sadly.

Not saying nothing against moe either. I like it. Its funny and lovely to watch. But please, give us a break...

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    What's an "actual" anime? Just something that you like? I thought anime was a type of animated tv show created in Japan? (also sorry that sounds mean I dont bite I promise ;; )

I think it's just your opinion, I've watched/am watching lots of awesome anime recently. Shingeki no Kyojin, Fairy Tail, Coppelion, Bakemonogatari, Hunter x Hunter, etc. I've seen FT brought up in this thread as I've said before, so its clearly not awesome to everyone, which is fine, I understand why a lot of people don't like it. So yeah, awesomeness is just determined by one's opinion, not something universal :3

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2016
    Sorry. I used a 'false friend' :D
    I meant current anime.

When I see the new season anime charts, usually, over 20 or more new animes are released.
    From all of them, just 2 or 3 are new and refreshing, like Shingeki no Kyojin.
    A couple more are entertaining comedies.
    The rest are just second seaons or clones from other animes that have a strong cliché overload, being the only reason of its existence showing fresh school-girl flesh, that are what most japanese people like.

Those are the animes I say they should vanish from the planet : /

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
    Okay, I must just say, those of you dissing the pokemon anime:
    If anything, the show keeps improving. I've never had so much fun with the TV show as I've had with Best Wishes/Black and White. It's sad that the writer of Pokemon died back in 2010. but you can't argue that the show improved after they changed the staff. Ash has one big flaw and that's his character reset every season. I really don't mind that as I look at the shows as standalone shows and judge his progress in that region. Other than that, he's not that bad of a trainer. Sure, he was kinda awful in the Kanto series, where he got most badges simply as presents because he helped the gym leader fight Team Rocket. He does come out as weak in Kanto, but he was quite strong in Unova for example. He used various tactics like using Attract or sacrificing his Boldore by protecting Dent's Crustle who in return won the double match. The anime is like a perfect representation of what the game is supposed to be about. Having a journey and having fun battling other trainers. It's sad that the western community forgot all that, and Pokemon turned into a sweeping contest with perfect 6IV mons.

I really don't have any shows like that (mostly because I like watching some bad shows and poking fun at them). Kill me Baby is probably the worst anime show I've ever seen, but I don't want it to go away. I think that everyone should see how bad and boring it is. I know I know, it's comedy, subjective etc. But you can't deny that it just repeated one gag over and over again. So unless you like the first gag, you'll have a hard time with it. I hated every minute of it. But it helped me become a stronger person.

(it may be different for the average Japanese person though, as they have that weird sense of comedy and dig that manzai (tsukomi/boke) stuff)

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2014
    Oh my god, dragon ball anything is pure garbage. It's just garbage. Keep in mind that the Pokemon anime is meant for five to ten year olds. We're just getting older.

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
    Years
    Im a little late on this... but, I'm gonna name off the anime i think should go away forever :3 even though it may piss a lot of people off.

Naruto, One Piece, Fairy Tale, Boku No Pico, Elfen Lied, and SAO... XD SAO isn't reaaally really bad but still... :3 i want to make the fangirls/boys cry

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    I don't think there's any anime that need to dissappear, every anime has their own fans, and me saying this anime should be gone will hurt those fan boys and fan girls a lot. If you don't like that anime, you can simply just avoid watching them.

And my point is, fan boys and fan girls who over-hype their favourite anime and can't take any criticism or negative opinion of their favourite anime should be the ones disapearing from the face of the earth, not their favourite anime.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    For the sake of keeping this thread alive.

Seki-kun. said:
    And my point is, fan boys and fan girls who over-hype their favourite anime and can't take any criticism or negative opinion of their favourite anime should be the ones disapearing from the face of the earth, not their favourite anime.

Preach

A 2006 me would have said 'Super Milk Chan needs to disappear!!' because it kept me up late at night with its stupidity and since I didn't even know what anime was back then, as all I knew was Adult Swim, it was a pretty bad entryway into anime.

Germaniac

Victoria Concordia Crescit
    Years
    New series of Yu-Gi-Oh!..., seriously, 5D's has ruined the tempo of dueling enough, I can't understand why KONAMI did it, DM and GX was perfect, but 5D's and ZEXAL made it too easy to turn the table around, and now they're making a new one called V-ARC... I hope it won't disappoint

★Dark Soul Umbreon★

Totally not a furry
    Years
    I really don't think any anime should be going away as I would hurt it's fanbase a lot. The people that get pissed off for negative feedback about the anime should be dead, not the anime itself. Every anime has a hater, and every anime has a lover. They shouldn't have a war just because some guy named S00pRTroll90 posted a troll comment on YouTube that it sucked donkey balls.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    You guys are too peaceful/diplomatic. You all need more of 'Wan Piss/Nardo/Bureachi suck ass and should disappear. Same for crappy shoes like Sword Fart Online, Fairy Turd and Attack on Testicles' in you! >:I

No, though I'll be serious, I do agree with those that say that the annoying anime-tards are the ones that need to disappear and not the anime. BUT there's got to have been one series that pissed you off for some reason or the another, right? Pissed you off enough to make you wish you hadn't watched it or it hadn't existed? The reason of it angering you can be anything from it not meeting your expectations due to a crappy end (and you realising you wasted your time with it) or your fave character dying prematurely. Anything. You don't always have to be all 'no I'm a saint and I preach world anime piece for all otaku'.

Seriously, when I saw the last few episodes of Elfen Lied, it made me super angry. I had wasted two days on it and the result was very, very disappointing. I wished it didn't exist. I hated it a lot at that moment. Now? Not so much. But I DID wish for it to have never existed at some point of time. And that is, what I believe, what the thread is truly asking you about. Those of you who're of the opinion that no anime deserves to disappear/everyone enjoys some anime or another/you're a saint who hates nothing.

I mean, come on, the fact that no anime ever pissed you off is slightly hard to believe. Especially IF you have seen a fair share of them or went in some of the most hyped anime just to end up incredibly disappointed.

Back