• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Another Game? Good Idea, or horrible downfall?

Amp

This is crazy.
Years
  • TWO!?! Since when? What godforsaken Pokemon experience ever graced us with TWO?

That, friend, would be awesome. Enough with this silly 8 trillion Legendaries BS.

Myoko-chan

アーシェ
    Years
  • I think it's a bit too late now, they already kept this pattern going on for a long time now, and it has made them millions, so I don't think they would take the risk to do a completely different thing and ignore this pattern.

And I also think for some people, storyline is not that important, and they mainly play simply to "catch em all" or competetive battling.

xiraiya

Future Sinnoh Champion
    Years
  • We need to remember that as long as the creator of Pokemon brings out new Series's, regions, pokemon etc. then Nintendo will keep making games to go along with it.

However, I am rather disappointed at the DS, it has been proven that a DS can play N64 games perfectly fine, yet D/P are barely 3d aside from towns, etc. if they made the game more like the Original Pokemon Stadium (but faster) then things would be better for Nintendo.

The best possible move Nintendo could do is a Pokemon MMORPG on wii with all 4 regions, along with expansions for future regions. Let you create your trainers "look", pick a region and go from there. Make the worlds absolutely massive, similar scale to the world size in the anime.

Legendaries could act as incredibly rare yet hard bosses that if you defeat adds their data to your Pokedex so you can complete it but no one would be able to ever own a Legendary, making them as rare and powerful as they are in the anime. It could be done and I guarantee the game could rock.

Proper Pokemon league championship once a month fight your way to the rights to take on the elite four, Gym and league battles watchable would be an insane idea.

Have the option of allowing one Pokemon to remain outside it's Pokeball (Larger ones only outside of towns/cities.

I honestly think if Nintendo did that then they would make ALOT of money. Hundreds of mini quests throughout the world you can do in your spare time.

Pokemon contests if Gym challenges aren't your thing, and breeding options for the Breeders out there.

That would truly be a game worth buying in my books. As long as there was freedom and customization and what not then I'd be fine with that.

evolution via level up would be fun to if it happened after a battle.

"Dude, your charmelion is glowing!"

"Oh sweet!, Hello Charizard!"

Hell, if they made a "Pokemon Stadium 64" graphiced MMO on DS then that too would be awesome, possibly better since WiFi is better on DS.

Marcy_11

Metapod is hot
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2008
    I think itd be cool to be able to customise your character to the near the extent of the sims
    then perhaps being able to pick your career path
    and Id also love to have the first pokemon in your party walk beside you
    ooo and being able to have all your pokemon out to play with

xD

Flamer

Transforming Tyrant
    Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2009
    I'm looking forward to Platinum, as long as they put in the rumored battle island, (I'm sure they will). I'm not too fussed about the new Giratina form, I don't really like Giratina, however a new Shaymin form would be cool.

xiraiya

Future Sinnoh Champion
    Years
  • I'm looking forward to Platinum, as long as they put in the rumored battle island, (I'm sure they will). I'm not too fussed about the new Giratina form, I don't really like Giratina, however a new Shaymin form would be cool.

I agree, I honestly hate Giratina, however I would like it if they just designed a better way to get Shaymin etc, I hate the event thing because 60% of players can't get to them anyway.

I hate hacking/cheating with pokemon, it ruins the game but if i have no other choice then I will do what I did in Emerald to get the tickets for the event pokemon islands, while it's still technically cheating, the pokemon them selves are legit. That's about as far as I can tolerate with hacks though.

mewunlimited

is yet to be discovered
    Years
  • well i had the idea of a pair of games called pokemon starshine and startwinkle(wii)
    wouldnt it be cool for you to play as a trainer in a real adventure on wii

ive actually planned everything drawn all the pokemon(my absence)

The scene would be set in kanto with you able to go into other regions. The legends would be shimera and twykeron. the legendary dogs would be on shimeras side and the birds on the other. in the game every choice you make would determine your future

you start with the national dex

knightkul

Underpowered tactics
    Years
  • maby if they made you chose your own storyline.
    like joining the "Bad" guys or becoming a contestant or the usual story.

or maby more like being a gym leader, breeder, elite4 or champ andjoining the police scuad!

Kerotan

Gwo. Wuggo-wuggo.
    Years
  • I agree, I honestly hate Giratina, quote]
    *off topic* Why? >: ( Do you mean his new form? I think he's pretty awesome, but, I guess I'm alone on that.
    maby if they made you chose your own storyline.
    like joining the "Bad" guys or becoming a contestant or the usual story.

or maby more like being a gym leader, breeder, elite4 or champ andjoining the police scuad!
    Those are good ideas, but we can only wish that they will happen. I like the evil team idea, (but pokemon is thought of as a kid's game in some cases) it's more like the manga series than the anime series, which would be cool.

Oh yeah, I hate to burst your guys' bubble, but I doubt they will make an all-region game anytime soon. They might, I repeat, might make one when nintendo is done with new pokemon ideas. And if you guys are SO eager to play an Kick - ^%$ game like that, (I hate to spam) you can check out a fangame called pokemon:the lost world. under games showcase. (not out yet.)

solopy567

Giga....Drill....BREAKER! !!!!
    Years
  • We need to remember that as long as the creator of Pokemon brings out new Series's, regions, pokemon etc. then Nintendo will keep making games to go along with it.

However, I am rather disappointed at the DS, it has been proven that a DS can play N64 games perfectly fine, yet D/P are barely 3d aside from towns, etc. if they made the game more like the Original Pokemon Stadium (but faster) then things would be better for Nintendo.

The best possible move Nintendo could do is a Pokemon MMORPG on wii with all 4 regions, along with expansions for future regions. Let you create your trainers "look", pick a region and go from there. Make the worlds absolutely massive, similar scale to the world size in the anime.

Legendaries could act as incredibly rare yet hard bosses that if you defeat adds their data to your Pokedex so you can complete it but no one would be able to ever own a Legendary, making them as rare and powerful as they are in the anime. It could be done and I guarantee the game could rock.

Proper Pokemon league championship once a month fight your way to the rights to take on the elite four, Gym and league battles watchable would be an insane idea.

Have the option of allowing one Pokemon to remain outside it's Pokeball (Larger ones only outside of towns/cities.

I honestly think if Nintendo did that then they would make ALOT of money. Hundreds of mini quests throughout the world you can do in your spare time.

Pokemon contests if Gym challenges aren't your thing, and breeding options for the Breeders out there.

That would truly be a game worth buying in my books. As long as there was freedom and customization and what not then I'd be fine with that.

evolution via level up would be fun to if it happened after a battle.

"Dude, your charmelion is glowing!"

"Oh sweet!, Hello Charizard!"

Hell, if they made a "Pokemon Stadium 64" graphiced MMO on DS then that too would be awesome, possibly better since WiFi is better on DS.

Thats a great idea...

A Pokemon MMORPG would be awesome, however if someone had a legendary it would be quite unfair to the rest of the world.
    But what the heck, its a great idea

xiraiya

Future Sinnoh Champion
    Years
  • Thats a great idea...

A Pokemon MMORPG would be awesome, however if someone had a legendary it would be quite unfair to the rest of the world.
    But what the heck, its a great idea

Yeah, but in the MMO you wouldn't catch Legendaries, just battle them but they'd be insanely hard, winning would give you the pokedex data so you can still fill the dex but then the legendary might respawn and hour or so later so others can take them on.

Think of it as a boss battle, without capturing them.

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2011
    i really think in the new one they should make it like gold, crystal and silver with 2 regions. They need to make more twists and in depth regions i think, or maybe a game where you can travel to ALL the regions battle the gym leaders and instead of one set of elite for trainers,meet all of them from the different regions. maybe make a time capsule thing and travel back into time, or into the future of the different regions.

just my two cents...

Years
  • For me, I love the original. It's the main thing of Pokemon. It's like the main thing why people buy them. But I like the spin-offs as well, they were pretty fun. But in my opinion. I would love to see a Coordinator spin-off. But what I SERIOUSLY want and I know that everyone wants is a MMORPG. It would be like the top selling or the best game of the year instantly. A lot of people loved the Wi-Fi feature. So everyone would kill for a MMORPG Pokemon game. You could customize your character, pick from Trainer, Breeder, Coordinator, etc. You could have more than one character and stuff. I bet you if they made that, then it wouldn't die or be forgotten for a very long period of time. That would be the best. Back to the original game story, like I said, a lot of people like it. But they could expand the game. I mean, to be honest, they didn't really take advantage of the DS space and features to the max. If they did, it would be like a top seller game for maybe 3 years or something.

Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    Well, its only fitting. RBY had a remake. RS had a remake. So, we'll have a DP remake, a GSC remake, and HOPEFULLY a 5th gen game.

I personally really like Giratina, so I can't wait for the next game =]

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • I say I would go for anothet hundred spinoffs. Plainly because pokemon is the only franchise that can spread out to so many different things. You got pokemon ranger the main games for trainers now what we need is a game for coordinators and im happy.

Rupp

Strategy!
    Years
  • I would honestly hate it if anything changed about the way the RPG Pokemon games are for DS. I love how they are now and I don't want them to change.

ShadowTails

I'm working on a better Avatar
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015
    Everyone's reaction: "It's not a Gold and Silver remake, WHY??/1!!1!1111"
    My reaction: "I probably wont get it anyways. What is wrong with some people? Why do they always want a freaking remake?"

Sajiri

Wandering Trainer
    Years
  • I like the pokemon games but I always wished you just had a little more freedom of choice in them. Just something more than being able to choose which pokemon you want (and nowadays the choices are pretty limited with what is 'good' during the main storyline) and deciding occasionally which town you want to go to first, which you probably only get once per game.

I always thought, wouldnt it be cool to have a pokemon mmorpg. I dont like the ideas of spinoffs for breeders or coordinators (I did like ranger and mystery dungeon though) but if you could dedicate yourself in game to one thing or alot of things it'd be great. Come up with different ways to get pokemon to obey you. Like you can either get the badges or win x amounts of contests etc

Of course, thats just wishful thinking. They wont change it when it already sells so much

Conman

Knowledgeable Ignorance
    Years
  • I'm fine with the RPGs as they are now. Only thing they can do is improve it with more moves, maybe 1 more type, and multiple -real- regions. Little places my Battle Frontier or Sevii Islands are nice, but having the actual major regions like in GSC would be nice. But I see a problem with all regions due to how in GSC, by the end of Kanto you'd have close to 90 and 100s. The spin offs, or for me were lack luster, but I haven't played any of the new recent ones. A MMO would be great addition, though I don't see one from Nintendo any time soon.

Back