• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Any friends at school who are interested in Pokemon?

Have any friends at school who like Pokemon ?

• Yes

Votes: 51 47.2%
  • No </3

Votes: 36 33.3%
  • I Do - but they don't like to talk about it at school

Votes: 21 19.4%

• Total voters

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    Most of my best friends play pokemon, so yeah, they do play pokemon! It's a common bond of awesomeness that we all share! XD

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2011
    [...]For the record I'm not Gay
    I just have a sense of pride for this.

Good to know. Anyway, I'm on the right side of the cusp of being socially excepted enough that I can like whatever I want and be friends with whoever I might be friends with that no one can really care to dislike me for it. My friends aren't always so fortunate, but I don't think they mind so much.

Lord Yawgmoth

Lord of all Phyrexia
    Years
    About 10 people do, but I'd only consider 2 of them "fans."
    We play it in Spanish Class. X3
    I really don't care whether or not I'm mocked for it.
    Hence why all my buddies are dressing up as Rocket Grunts next Halloween. =3

Flex-Mon

The Key is in here <3...
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2008
    Pokemon on is a thing that is really popular at my school. Infact I even caught my own teacher one day on a pokemon site O_o WIERD... But of course theres always going to be the people that hate on it but hey what do you expect.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    It was popular about a decade ago. The only people who like it now are my two best friends and I. Do we publicize this fact? No.

Confuse

the points never matter
    Years
    I really doubt it. I'm not even that interested in Pokemon anymore, so it's a good chance that question's a negative.

I've seen a couple of kids with Pokemon shirts on, but I'm in a high school with pretty bad reputation. Somebody'd get mashed if they admitted to liking it.

Razor Ramon

Undefeated in D/P
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    dude all my friends play pokemon, put it this way if you were born when it was around then you love it. you will always LOVE IT. Other day i walked up to some random kids in the court yard and horndrilled them one kid said he was taken in sunlight the other was laughing to hard to do anything else.

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    I have one friend in my grade who likes it up to now. He is my best bud.~

Other then that, People two years younger then me are still not ashamed of talking about it near each other. Here, you get teased and hunted down for the rest of your life if you like Pokemon. >.>

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
    Well, I know a couple classmates last year who told me they liked them. And in a couple of my classes I think a few kids still might like Pokemon. I ever drew a Raichu for a girl in my Honors World History class....she LOOOVED it. ^__^
    But still, Pokemon's not exactly something I'd yell to the whole school, even though I'm sure a good percentage of the kids there still like them.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    There are at least 2 of my friends who loves pokemon. They usually trade and battle with me, although one of my silly classmate keeps taunting us.

pokelover445

Looking for a scripter -MSG :)
    Years
    I actually have 1, but thats it.
    Whenever I come home, I come here or serebii.net
    I dunno why. Sometimes if I'm bored
    to kill time, I watch the first seasons well not all but some episodes.

I remember in Year 2-5 everyone loved it roughly a decade ago.
    I don't what is popular now O.o
    I still stay faithful to Pokemon, once a fan, always a fan.

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    Most of my friends like/liked Pokemon, and at least half of them know I do and certainly don't mind. It's a fun game, and they understand that when we were little, it was about how cool/cute Pokemon were. Now it's about strategy and training and still having that warm and fuzzy bond with these digital creatures. :D

It's safe to say that whoever I meet, I can still dawn my awesome personality on them and then it would just be silly of them to care that I like Pokemon.

[/ I'm modest, right?]

pokemongodess

RoflRofl
    Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2009
    yeah im a freshman in collage and have been collectiong and playing pokemon since 7th grade, no body says a thing, my b.f. tries his best to battle , but no mockery, i think in highschool kids just need to be the antagonist to propbelms, not really hating pokemon just feeling the need to make fun of it,

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I have some, but we don't talk about it.

Not because we are ashamed but because we never think about it we all have Girlfriends and are to busy lol

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    I do have friends at school who like it. I have only told some people I like it.

the bitter end.

.only slightly insane
    Years
    I voted no, because, I'm homeschooled as of now. But when I used to go to public school I did have one friend who played pokemon.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I do but just two and we are not the typical type of guys who usually like pokemon so we dont tell people. I also promised one of my friends shiny egg pokemon and he is mad at me becasue I didnt deliver yet!

Back