• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Anyone else gonna wait for the 3rd version?

Hydrath

Pokemon Pirate/Water Trainer
Years
  • No... Because there is no way at all to confirm that a 3rd version will come out...
    and lets not forget when Heartgold and Soulsilver were announced peeps were denying kanto region because it wasn't officially confirmed... oh wait WE HATE IT :P

Start thinking a bit more logically, there has an enhancement every other gen why stop now? no reason, they a lot money in an enhancement because many of you will buy more then one game because of it.

Why make the gamers pay for only one game when they can make quirky changes, re-sell, and make them buy it again? Brilliant way to increase revenue.

Even if they choose to go to the ruby/sapphire remakes or even striehgt to gen six it still isn't a total loss for those wait either way a new game comes out in two years which is better then the other.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Just saying, but there has been a 3rd version EVERY SINGLE GENERATION.

Yes and of course they never ever change anything ever because that is totally impossible

and lets not forget when Heartgold and Soulsilver were announced peeps were denying kanto region because it wasn't officially confirmed... oh wait WE HATE IT :P

Start thinking a bit more logically, there has an enhancement every other gen why stop now? no reason, they a lot money in an enhancement because many of you will buy more then one game because of it.

Why make the gamers pay for only one game when they can make quirky changes, re-sell, and make them buy it again? Brilliant way to increase revenue.

Even if they choose to go to the ruby/sapphire remakes or even striehgt to gen six it still isn't a total loss for those wait either way a new game comes out in two years which is better then the other.

Kanto was officially confirmed when they announced a remake of GSC... Change is a good thing and they have been changing a bit and they said it was gonna be alot different... Yin and Yang shouldn't have a 3rd version in my opinion because they would have to have both together as the 3rd title which would be rather sad... Just because they can and will make money doesn't confirm the 3rd game... Most will buy every title of any Pokemon game because of the name Pokemon a 3rd title isn't needed to make sells... Hell I could pull something outta my ass put Pokemon on it and have GameFreak sell it and it would make money...

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I'm probably going to buy Black, then I'll get the third version, then buy White because I always do that. And I don't see it as a waste because I'll be able to do challenges and such on White and use Black as the cartridge that is completed and use it to breed much like my Diamond.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • I was going to wait, but I can't. Besides, let me enjoy DS while I can so I'll have an excuse to get the 3DS with the 3rd version. It'll also make the journey easier...

Look how different Black and White are to each other, the 3rd version will be a NEW game in itself. Just same region ;)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Yeah the design might become a mix of nature and tech...look at the pic of the differences with the city, one is made of stone the other is made of steel, or glass and that's the same city!

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    nah i wanna get my pokes all up'd so i can transfer to 3rd version/i don't wanna lag behind

plus there might not be a 3rd version (but there likely will be)

AND u might miss special wi-fi events

last, i might want a fesh start

Totaldile

appeared! Totaldile used RAWR!
    Years
  • What about the pokemon you might miss out on :/?
    I don't know if you have wi-fi, but you'll miss out on pokemon you may want if you wait for the third version, because of version exclusives.

TrainerShane

The Planner
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2010
    I won't get a 3DS for *years*, so I am gonna get either Black or White for the DS and run with it.

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    What about the pokemon you might miss out on :/?
    I don't know if you have wi-fi, but you'll miss out on pokemon you may want if you wait for the third version, because of version exclusives.
    I honestly don't care about that, because I have Wifi.

And really, the Pokemon they might take out are never that important. I mean, let's use Platinum as an example. They just took out the D/P exclusives, and they're nothing special. No Murkrow/Misdreavus? Boo-hoo, there's a GTS. And I bet in the 3rd version, you can catch Reshiram and Zekrom anyway.

Last edited:

dithyrambos

PHANTOM girl
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    This is actually the first time I've contemplated getting all three versions. I mean, I actually traded in my Pearl copy (at Gmestop, for some cash) and I'm thinking of doing the same with my brothers Diamond (he doesn't even play it, so basically it's mine. Idk why or how he got it, tbh). I know that I'll probably get tired of and rarely play BW once I get the third version. But...... there are just too many new features that I want to experience, not to mention the version exclusives which, in this gen, will relate to more than just Pokemon. Also, I can't wait two+ years for the third version. I think I'd go bloody crazy. At the very least I will be getting one of the initial versions, and then the third. That's usually what I always do.

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
  • And not only THAT, but the DS is at the end of it's lifespan. When Gold/Silver came out, the Gameboy was almost at the end of it's lifespan. Gold/Silver are Gameboy games, not Gameboy Color games, but they have enhancements when played on a Gameboy Color. Pokemon Crystal is a Gameboy Color game, and cannot be played at all on a Gameboy. Because of this, I have a feeling that Black/White will have 3DS enhancements similar to Gold/Silver's GBC enhancements, and that the 3rd version will be 3DS only, and cannot be played on DS, just like how Crystal is GBC only.
    Gold and Silver came out a year after the color was released whilst this time BW are coming out atleast a few months before the 3ds. Plus i'm pretty sure that GS were color games, the box shows the color logo, not a gameboy logo saying it will have extra features on the color.
    For it to have extra features such as improved graphics, i think that they would need it to be a 3ds game thats compatible with ds, but from the information we have seen so far this is not likely, and will probably be just a ds game. Hopefully they will surprise us, i really hoped that it would be for the 3ds.
    On topic i am definatelly getting black and if there is even more diferances between the two, then i will get both.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    This is actually the first time I've contemplated getting all three versions. I mean, I actually traded in my Pearl copy (at Gmestop, for some cash) and I'm thinking of doing the same with my brothers Diamond (he doesn't even play it, so basically it's mine. Idk why or how he got it, tbh). I know that I'll probably get tired of and rarely play BW once I get the third version. But...... there are just too many new features that I want to experience, not to mention the version exclusives which, in this gen, will relate to more than just Pokemon. Also, I can't wait two+ years for the third version. I think I'd go bloody crazy. At the very least I will be getting one of the initial versions, and then the third. That's usually what I always do.

same here .I like white better but Black has a whole new cities. They seem like two completely different Pokemon games, not just two released in the same gen.

Also, what they did with Platinum was BS.

Dp had a horrible story
    Flint had to use Steelix and Lopunny (wtf) and Volkner has Octillery

Platinum has an all new story and tiles to give the game a new look, Includes more Pokemon so Flint can have all fire types and Volkner has all electric types, Includes an all new Wi-fi terminal, Battle Frontier, and exclusive pokemon formes. I'd like my 34.95 for Diamond back please Nintendo...

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
    Years
  • Lulz, you wanted story from a Pokemon game.

Nintendo will send you a letter stating,

"You played Ruby and Sapphire, right? We thought you'd have learned your lesson by now..."

CakeForTheSoul

You Are A Cinema
    Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2011
    I'm probably not gonna wait because within that time I could be missing events and I want to really get a feel for the 5th Gen. I don't want trying to find my away around like a year after everyones all like "Hey have you been to White forest?" "Uh No I haven't uh I'm quite lost!". I'd rather have it the soon the better in English.

Back