• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Ar-kay-us or Ar-see-us?

groudonlover

Mateus readies Hellfire...
Years
  • I usually pronounce it as "Aarkeeus" or "Arceuz" or something similar...
    That's how you would say it in swedish!
    BTW Zenn, Those Speech-tools can't ever pronounce Pokémon names correctly...

Dmatt

Medium-Rare Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    I think Ar-zeus fits with what they intended, giving it the mythology touch .

For the kay.us thing to work they could have wrote it Archeus, but they didn't so I believe it's "s" sounding.

blitzbear

aprentice breeder(maybe crazy)
    Years
  • i say arceus as ark E sus but thats my nz acent emphasinsing the e and the k is actually long sounding ...confused and i added an s becuase i read it wrong and like it that way with a extra hidden s

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
  • I used to say it Ar-key-us, but then someone told me otherwise...
    So now, I say Ar-see-us.
    (Which is weird, because normally once I think something is pronounced one way, it doesn't change no matter what I'm told xD)

~Poke~

Hasn't played 5th gen yet.
    Years
  • Ar-key-us

But I'm not very good with pokemon names. I thought Suicine was soo-sine, when it's actually swee-coon, for some reason...

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • I lawl'd at all this discussion over a Pokemon name, but it IS all worth it.
    I pronounce it as Ar-see-us, primarily because that's how I saw it. I didn't really research on its pronunciation; a Pokemon is for owning people.

mStar

The Darkness Within
    Years
  • Actually, as in the 10 Pokemon movie (Pokemon Diamond and Pearl: The rise of Darkrai), Arceus is pronounced Are-Awe-See-Awe. Its when Ash puts the disk in the tower, and the music plays. Dialga and Palkia stop fighting, and the guy/professer with the glasses says "Thats it, thats Arceus(Are-Awe-See-Awe). But since the begining of time, even after I heard how its pronounced, I call it Are-See-Us.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • I say Ar-see-us cause it seems natural in a way. Plus, since god supposedly sees what we are all doing, then It makes sense in a way. Ar-see-us. See us? Might sound stupid, but to me, it makes sense. xD

The Red Chain

Satoshi pronounces it in Japanese as 'Arr-oo-see-us' [Newest Pokemon movie 12 trailer is where I heard it]
    So I'm assuming in English it's 'Arr-see-us'.
    ^_^

Years
  • I've heard some of my freinds and some videos on YouTube pronounce Arceus Ar-see-us.
    I personally think that since Arceus is from the beginning of time he is archaic. Ar-kay-ic (marked by the characteristics of an earlier period). Thus the pronunciation of Arceus would be Ar-kay-us. What's your opinion?

It could really go either way. If the c is soft, then it would be Arceus (ar-SEE-us) like the majority of people pronounce it, however, if the c is hard, it would be Arceus (ark-EE-us).
    The message I was trying to give from that was: who cares how you pronounce it.

However, my opinion is that Arceus(with the c being hard) sounds way cooler.

Back