• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Arceus The Real God?

Is Arceus Real God?

• Yes

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • Maybe

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Upcoming Gens will bring more Gods.

Votes: 6 18.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trainer VyNk

Cursed Hemophillic.
Years
  • {XD} well base stats are not the only thing that matters, my pokemon team in X/Y have swept legendary teams (that are ev trained and such) so I don't think just basing it off stats can really decide.

Depending on wether you EV train them or normal leveling UP.

If raised correctly a Charizard can be as dangerous as 100 Level Entei.

Elements1

Meh
    Years
  • Depending on wether you EV train them or normal leveling UP.

If raised correctly a Charizard can be as dangerous as 100 Level Entei.

Exactly my point!! Just because Arceus has higher base stats does not mean that he automatically wins. Plus when you throw in the plates and mew's transformation there opens a up lots of variables for the battle outcome.

Taiji Dragon

Then Arceus will Win depending on his/her/its Base Stats.

So Arceus has Total 720 Base Stats on 100 level

OTOH, Mew has Total 680 Base Stats on 100 level

So its clear.. who would win {XD}

Actually Mew's BST is 600. 100 in each stat. Arceus is 720. 120 in each stat. So there is a difference but not that much either.

Elements1 did you read my post about how Kyurem fits inside the yin and yang? Cause you left me hanging. :/

Elements1

Meh
    Years
  • Kyurem perhaps is the most important aspect in recreating or restoring the original dragon. It is refered to as the empty shell of the original dragon meaning it must have been its center piece the one who holds yin and yang together. Reshiram represent yang in its pure state and Zekrom represent yin in its pure form however Kyurem is empty devoid of both. Meaning: it can be filled with that that it lacks. It seems someone in ancient times deviced a way to fuse Kyurem with either dragon by creating the DNA Splicers. It appears that it can only fuse it with either dragon and not both. Perhaps they couldn't develop the item further or there is a more natural way to restore them to their original form. To recap Kyurem is the empty cup. Zekrom and Reshiram are the substance. When both are put inside the cup it makes a whole. To clarify Kyurem also represents the empty circle of yin and yang. You just have to put yin and yang to make the tao symbol. Most probably the original dragon represent balance or taiji supreme ultimate.

Sorry man, fell asleep and completely spaced :/

Anyway so the Yin Yang theory makes complete sense to me!! But that means the original dragon is made out of all three correct? He is based off Kyurem with it's empty shell but when combined with both Yin and Yang it makes a whole. Also the DNA splicer means that the scientists were trying to bring back the original dragon but failed and only could partially could bring it back? Anyway, this is really a good theory, I hope they will come back to this in later games!

Taiji Dragon

Sorry man, fell asleep and completely spaced :/

Anyway so the Yin Yang theory makes complete sense to me!! But that means the original dragon is made out of all three correct? He is based off Kyurem with it's empty shell but when combined with both Yin and Yang it makes a whole. Also the DNA splicer means that the scientists were trying to bring back the original dragon but failed and only could partially could bring it back? Anyway, this is really a good theory, I hope they will come back to this in later games!

Yes the Original Dragon is made out of all three dragons. It looks like they tried to bring it back but couldn't do it judging from why the DNA Splicers couldn't fuse all three. And I really hope they don't leave this hanging up in the air forever.

Elements1

Meh
    Years
  • Yes the Original Dragon is made out of all three dragons. It looks like they tried to bring it back but couldn't do it judging from why the DNA Splicers couldn't fuse all three. And I really hope they don't leave this hanging up in the air forever.

Alright so since that is cleared up, can the original dragon connect to anything else except Unova? Is there any mention of them at all anywhere else?

Taiji Dragon

Alright so since that is cleared up, can the original dragon connect to anything else except Unova? Is there any mention of them at all anywhere else?

That I cannot answer. The statue of Reshiram and Zekrom appear in Perfume Palace in the Kalos region because the kalos king was apparently good friends with the twin brothers. But influently what they did in other region is unkown.

Trainer made an excelent observation earlier in this post when you said it represented chaos. That Arceus was born within chaos and that it might have created the egg. This idea crossed my mind before. However not under the concept of chaos.

The story of yin and yang says that at the very beginning of the universe there was no distinction within it. This is called the primordial universe or wuji. After that a split occured a distinction creating difference. Ying and Yang came to be but they were in balance a state called taiji. From Taiji comes the yin and yang as we know it two opposite forces that complement each other. Each being the basis for the other. After this (I really need to review this part cause I don't remember clearly) either comes the five elements or eight tetragrams and one of these generates one of these. One of these generate 64 somethings and those 64 something generate 10,000 beings or so.

Yin and Yang are states of being that also encompass the universe. Don't know if the original dragon encompasses existence or just stand for definitions. Since is BST is stronger than Arceus I thought that possibly it was another aspect of Arceus or that it might have created the egg in the void/chaos ( I mentioned this in an older thread Tao Trio's Original from). But looking at it now. Arceus does have keen ability for creating universal encompassing dragons like Dialga, Palkia and Giratina couldn't the Original Dragon just be it's perfect creation?

Something else came to my mind about another pokemon. The Unown. They can create and it is unkown when they originated. It just ocurred to me that they coukd have been the ones to be causing chaos before the beginning of time creating every possible reality. Arceus was the result of that chaos and so it organized the unown to establish a more balanced existance. There is also a new age belief that says that before the universe there was a lot of activity going on. There was God a big white sphere that was compise of spirits or particles. God wanted to know itsels so it " asked " the spirits inside it to "tell" it how he is the spirits started to move creating patterns which produced magnetism and light and later matter which is the final stage of creation. Yeah is a very long story so I won't go into detail. So it ocurred to me that the unown might be those particles moving inside a great being or a sphere and since they can create realities they started to create relities and lost control creating chaos. Arceus is a by product of that chaos and a way the unown can stabilize themselves in order. So I put this theory in favor for how Arceus came to be.

I just lost my line of thought because I'm in a place where there is much distraction. But really from this point onward the only thing that is left do is to theorize or wait for an official answer if there is ever comes one.

Last edited:

Taiji Dragon

10 outta 10 for this theory {XD} Very Good Tao!

however, I liked your idea that original dragon can be Arceus's perfect creation.

Although Arceus can be Original dragons perfect creation also?

check my poor theory below :P

Spoiler:

I'm sorry but... That can't be it. It just that as you should already know the original dragon is already split into 3. Yin, Yang and Emptiness. If the OD was divided into 26 Unown out of the 28 kinds of official Unown where would the other dragons be?

One thing I can tell you is that the pokemon Sighyliph is a creation of the Unown. It has a resemblance to them. And this pokemon is native to Unova and now Kalos too that is related to Unova aswell. Notice how they are able to create aswell?

An interesting note is that each Unown's hidden power is a different type depending on the individual values it has or in other words it personality. What happens if a bunch of Unown gather? A strange power surges according to many descriptions in game. And notice that there will be many Unowns of different types. Arceus is also known to create and have many different types. There is an event in Heartgold and Soulsilver where Arceus will create one of the dragons of the creation trio and as it starts the ceremony of creation many Unown are summoned to the area all circling Arceus as if they help in the creation process. Arceus i also described to have 10,000 arms in Sinnoh mythology. With these arms it created the universe. However you don't see 10,000 arms on Arceus. Could they be Arceus 10,000 arms? I hope I don't sound rude when I said that your theory doesn't seem like it could be. But definetly there is a relation between the Unown and Arceus and Arceus and the Original Dragon.

But who says if you take Reahiram, Zekrom or Kyurem to the Unown or Arceus they couldn't restore the original dragon, right? I think this is possible. However officialy speaking gamefreak probably would just make another item to fuse them together or upgrade the DNA Splicers.

Last edited:

Elements1

Meh
    Years
  • I'm sorry but... That can't be it. It just that as you should already know the original dragon is already split into 3. Yin, Yang and Emptiness. If the OD was divided into 26 Unown out of the 28 kinds of official Unown where would the other dragons be?

One thing I can tell you is that the pokemon Sighyliph is a creation of the Unown. It has a resemblance to them. And this pokemon is native to Unova and now Kalos too that is related to Unova aswell. Notice how they are able to create aswell?

An interesting note is that each Unown's hidden power is a different type depending on the individual values it has or in other words it personality. What happens if a bunch of Unown gather? A strange power surges according to many descriptions in game. And notice that there will be many Unowns of different types. Arceus is also known to create and have many different types. There is an event in Heartgold and Soulsilver where Arceus will create one of the dragons of the creation trio and as it starts the ceremony of creation many Unown are summoned to the area all circling Arceus as if they help in the creation process. Arceus i also described to have 10,000 arms in Sinnoh mythology. With these arms it created the universe. However you don't see 10,000 arms on Arceus. Could they be Arceus 10,000 arms? I hope I don't sound rude when I said that your theory doesn't seem like it could be. But definetly there is a relation between the Unown and Arceus and Arceus and the Original Dragon.

But who says if you take Reahiram, Zekrom or Kyurem to the Unown or Arceus they couldn't restore the original dragon, right? I think this is possible. However officialy speaking gamefreak probably would just make another item to fuse them together or upgrade the DNA Splicers.

Wow you guys are on so much higher levels then me for Pokemon Myths :P So bear with me here, so Arceus arms are the Unown, which in turn helped create some pokemon. Well couldn't of they helped create mew since they all have different powers and forms so the combination of unown and arceus created mew?

Taiji Dragon

Wow you guys are on so much higher levels then me for Pokemon Myths :P So bear with me here, so Arceus arms are the Unown, which in turn helped create some pokemon. Well couldn't of they helped create mew since they all have different powers and forms so the combination of unown and arceus created mew?

Remember this part is just a theory. It seems likely that Arceus and the Unown worked together to create the universe since both have all types and have creative powers. I used the shinjo event to give this theory some backbone. It is very likely that from their dimension Unown are influencing in the events that happen in the universe. However in the beginning of times there were no dimension so the void was their home. This is just me thinking that their movements and syncronization of energies could have created many simultainous realities and since they changed order some realities collapsed and others formed. Well from here on out I don't know how to put it. But the excesive movement and collapsing of realities created chaos and from this energy came forth Arceus. A way in which Unown can better organize themselves. The chaotic energies composed of many elements could also explain why Arceus is so powerful and has all types. But Arceus is more organized and does things using patterns to organize the chaos that the Unown have created preventing more collapses and for reality to be organize in dimensions. Space and Time serve as filtters of chaos where time allows for one reality or event to happen at any given time and space allowing for realities to have a place in which those can exist in different locations. Afterwards it created spirit so there could be experience of existence. From there probably Arceus created everthing else in the pokeverse as we know it. It probably created matter next using the power of its plates. It unleashed energy of all types to create matter. At the same time it created Giratina who would organize the matter through anti-matter which is deeply connected to matter. From it's dimension of anti-matter it guards the balance of both matter and anti-matter. How Arceus created Mew I cannot tell if it was deliberate or a consequence of the energies released onto the universe. I also have one theory that the power of plates can create other pokemon depending on the combinations of energies and patterns it uses. So it must have created certain pokemon to begin life with and others to organize the worlds that existed within the universe. After the final tasks were done the only thing that was left to do was for beings within the universe to experience matter with their spirits. In a sense the Unown created chaos which is every possible reality and Arceus divided it into layers. The final layer being the material universe. From there Arceus may have passed on the task to work with matter to other pokemon of it's creation. I believe that after the creation of space and time onward Unown make patterns in a way that is like writting a story. That in turn affects the universe. This story is not official but it seems likely to me. So there are five dimensions: chaos the dimension in which the unown live in, space and time that gives order to the realities within chaos, the world of anti-matter that gives structure to matter and finally the pokeverse where pokemon currently live in also where Arceus resides in it's center point. There is also an inner realm with in matter called the spirit realm created by the three spirits for all beings to be able to experience.

Answer: Did Arceus and the Unown created Mew? Probably. Judging by it's design it looks like it was intelligently made to contain all species in one body. How Mew gave birth to others is unkown. We still haven't seen it in action.

Last edited:
    Years
  • My belief is that Arceus is the true god of the Pokemon World. Not only did he create Sinnoh but the entire Pokemon World and possibly the universe too. I think there are many Mews around scattered about the place.

Harmonious Fusion

over the rainbow, there's a glorious sight
    Years
  • My fanon is that Arceus was a lazy bum who made the creation and weather trios to actually make the universe and shape the earth. Then he made Mew, Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde to create and maintain life. All other Pokemon, including the rest of the legendaries, came from Mew.

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
    Years
  • I still believe that Mew is the "God" of Pokemon, and Arceus was just another fill-in deity. If it is implied that each regional Legendary in each new game has god-like powers, then there must a "Mt. Olympus" situation. Mew and Arceus would have chief power, while the rest (Lugia, Ho-Oh, Rayquaza and so on) would be in charge of their own realms, like Lugia guarding the sea and Groudon in charge of land.

Demon Wolf

American Wolf
    Years
  • I still believe that Mew is the "God" of Pokemon, and Arceus was just another fill-in deity. If it is implied that each regional Legendary in each new game has god-like powers, then there must a "Mt. Olympus" situation. Mew and Arceus would have chief power, while the rest (Lugia, Ho-Oh, Rayquaza and so on) would be in charge of their own realms, like Lugia guarding the sea and Groudon in charge of land.

I agree because in this situation now that im seeing it your right its like greek mythology in a way

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2014
    Why the so called god is weaker than a Mega Mewtwo?

Arceus is supposed to have some amazing stats and moves that he doesn't.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    There's something that's been bugging me for quite some time. While Mew's considered to be the ancestor of all Pokemon there's no clues to how humankind (you know, the other species that lives in the Pokemon world and the one nobody seems to care about in these theories) fits into the whole thing. Is Mew the ancestor for humankind, too? If that's the case one could say Mew might be the source of all living. If Mew is not the ancestor of humankind, that would mean there is something else, that also created Mew.

It basically comes down to the question: what was first: egg, or chicken?
    On the other hand there's Celebi. The one that's supposed to travel trough time and leave an egg behind. One could say it traveled to the past, left an egg and from that egg Arceus hatched, which then created the world. Of course that theory also has its problems: if no Pokemon exist there's nothing that can travel through time and create Pokemon.

Years
  • Pokemon is a game for children first, as hard as it is to remember, haha. There are several plot holes, illogical data, and conflicting theories and ideas. When they created Arceus, I think the developers intended it to be seen as the overseer for all Pokemon; like a God. Mew has been said to be the first Pokemon ever, which may conflict with the Arceus theory. Well, Mew isn't the first Pokemon in the PokeDex, which is used to document newly discovered Pokemon. Yet another illogical scenario. There are probably maniacal fans who have dug deep into the archives to find answers to all these questions, but when it comes down to it, Pokemon functions completely fine with all these inconsistencies running amok. Everyone can have their own opinion, unless Nintendo releases some information solidifying one theory or the other, which I doubt will ever happen.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back