• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Arceus

What do you think about the Alpha Pokémon?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Archayos

THEY KILLED THE PURPLE T_T
    Years
    It's like any other legendary. When I was catching it (thanks to the AR), I was afraid of actually defeating it. I did have a lot of master balls, but I wanted to catch it with an Ultraball.

Seriously, I brought its HP down to red and then I was scared of actually killing it, lol. It's not that great.

Cid

Years
    If you call it the Alpha Pokemon, then what about the other legendaries, especially Mew (which has the DNA of every Pokemon)? It just seems unfair for the other legendaries and they don't seem "legendary" anymore...

I think they overdid the title and I also think they should stop making these unfair Pokemon.

It's just like killing off the next Generation...

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    If you call it the Alpha Pokemon, then what about the other legendaries, especially Mew (which has the DNA of every Pokemon)? It just seems unfair for the other legendaries and they don't seem "legendary" anymore...

I think they overdid the title and I also think they should stop making these unfair Pokemon.

It's just like killing off the next Generation...

Not really. Legendaries don't have to be divine. Many legends existant irl are based around normal people who do something extraordinary. Arceus doesnt overshadow them, he just stands at the back.

The Beast

Mewtwo's Elite Master
    Years
    Well when I look at Arcues, it's just a regular legend but when it learns judgement, he is really unstoppable but same with judgement, some other poke'mon learn judgement as well.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Well when I look at Arcues, it's just a regular legend but when it learns judgement, he is really unstoppable but same with judgement, some other poke'mon learn judgement as well.

A) Judgement does not make it unstoppable. A large quantity of arceus sets are physical and dont use it. And on special attackers it's not that great, it's just an overpowered version of other attacks out there.

B) No other pokes learn judgement, as no other poke has plate-dependant typing.

DragonFir3

Safety and Peace be upon you
    Years
    In fact, I really don't like Arceus very much. And the legend of Arceus's birth and it's place in world/space... is not clear. It may be interesting seeing it in a Pokemon movie, where the whole legend could be shown.

fade101

I rawr youu!!
    Years
    Hmm... one question dudes... what the heck does alpha mean?? if they meant by god, then why cant they just call it the god pokemon... speaking of alpha reminds me of beta and omega... so will there be like a beta/omega pokemon in the next generation??

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Okay, why won't you just keep your OPINIONS to yourself, and I just said that to see what people would say.

It wasnt opinion. The amount of pokes that learn judgement is not open to opinion. I was merely correcting you, as to stop people getting confused. I dont see why you took that offensively.

Hmm... one question dudes... what the heck does alpha mean?? if they meant by god, then why cant they just call it the god pokemon... speaking of alpha reminds me of beta and omega... so will there be like a beta/omega pokemon in the next generation??

Alpha means first, so arceus is the first pokemon. I dont think they called it a god pokemon because that could be seen as implying it's a religious figure, and there have been many religious debates about pokemon already. Besides, alpha sounds cooler :)

Quoted from wikipedia about the religious debate surrounding pokemon:
    Spoiler:

There wont be a beta pokemon, as they are dialaga and palkia- the second pokemon. The just used it to illustrate it was the first poke to exist.

Years
    Nintendo just needs to stop. Sure, keep making pokemon games, but remake the old ones better. I like these new pokemon less and less everytime they come out with them. Arceus is by far the biggest BS pokemon I have ever seen, worse than dunsparce. First of all, it shouldn't be catchable. Second, it doesn't even look like a pokemon, it looks more like a yu-gi-oh card. And what really makes me mad is when people use it in battle.

EDIT: For battle humor, nickname your pokemon Arceus so for that 2 seconds that your opponent only sees the name, they will be freaking out.

MBXfilms

Film Maker
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2010
    They make an ulitmate power Pokémon each gen. I'm sure they will make one later that says it is better than Arceus.

LaurenLOVESTONED

StrawberryFieldsForever
    Years
    no, not too much. i dont like the idea of uber uber pokemon i guess, and im not crazy about the sprite.
    i didn't really like any of the new legendary's, except for the psychic trio. i guess arceus is better than giratina though

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back