• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Arceus

What do you think about the Alpha Pokémon?

• Total voters

Cid

Years
    Choice Number Four said:
    Huh. Actually, I think they overdid this a little.

I could not say it any better myself.
    I did not mean to be rude or anything, though Arceus does not fit his title as the "Alpha Pokémon" for many reasons already said by the ones who posted before me.

Shaterpie

Gold Caterpie > Red Gyarados
    Years
    I hate it, it's suddenly come along and become the "Creator" when for years everyone thought Mew was the "Creator" or the original ancestor. Nintendo panicked and ran out of ideas, so they decided to rewrite the Pokemon history which had been the same for near on 10 years. Terrible.

Years
    Nintendo have done a fairly good job in trying to fit Arceus into the whole mythology and legend of the Pokémon world. Mew was never regarded as the creator - only as an ancestor. To compare it to the Abrahamic religious traditions, Arceus is God, while Mew is Adam/Eve. What Nintendo have done, in my opinion, is write themselves into a corner, as it were. We've always had some nondescript legendary Pokémon such as Mewtwo, Celebi etc. that don't really have too much bearing on the legend of the Pokémon world, but there have been those with various powers that affect the environment. Subsequently, Nintendo have created more powerful abilities, as it were. The Legendary Birds had control over the elements, for example, but as time's gone on we've seen 'guardians' of the skies and seas (Ho-Oh and Lugia respectively), Pokémon that control the climate (Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza) and Pokémon that control time and space themselves (Dialga and Palkia). Where does one go after controlling the fabric of spacetime? Logically, one could argue, we move to deities. With Arceus Nintendo have created an ultimate god - one closer to the Abrahamic God than the kami of Japanese Buddhist tradition. I can't see anywhere to go from here that would continue the tradition of a new set of legendaries being more powerful than the last.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I say that yes stat wise and look wise it is strong and very cool looking, but honestly I do not think it is the strongest...the major weakness it has is only allowed being one type of pokemon...

Back