• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Arceus

What do you think about the Alpha Pokémon?

• Total voters

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    It's a strong pokémon that recieves too much praise for its own good. It may have amazing stats but that doesn't make it the strongest.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    I know it has the best stats. There's not much difference by saying amazing. :\ Even then it doesn't take away from what I said before.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    I dislike Arceus. They tried to make the strongest Pokemon but didn't do a good job. It is diverse and unpredictable, I'll give it that. But since it's the god Pokemon and theoretically the strongest, it just somehow ruins my liking for Pokemon in a rather unexplainable way. It looks godly, but still pretty darn ugly.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    Arceus is probably my favorite ledgendary, but that's only becuase of it's impressive stats, which makes me wonder wether the stats are a bit too much, even if it is fitting for one such as Arceus.
    Based by looks, Arceus isn't that great due to how ugly it is, but I can ignore looks just as long as it has the stats i'm looking for, which it does (Even if the stats are a bit too much, IMO).

DARKSHADE

Waiting.. In the Shadows..
    Years
    well, theres loads of talk about nintendo not being able to create a pokemon stronger than arceus

EVEN I CAN DO THAT:

ok here we go

it can learn every TM (like mew)
    it gives of 5 EV points in every stat.
    a move with 200 attack and 200 accuracy..
    and it can also (like arceus) change to any type
    (and maybe a special HM that only IT can learn?)- maybe...

meh, see easy!

anyway back to arceus: i think they should at least give it a new form instead of stupid goat arceus..

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    well, theres loads of talk about nintendo not being able to create a pokemon stronger than arceus

EVEN I CAN DO THAT:

ok here we go

it can learn every TM (like mew)
    it gives of 5 EV points in every stat.
    a move with 200 attack and 200 accuracy..
    and it can also (like arceus) change to any type
    (and maybe a special HM that only IT can learn?)- maybe...

meh, see easy!

anyway back to arceus: i think they should at least give it a new form instead of stupid goat arceus..

Yeah, but anyone can create a stronger pokemon... This is Nintendo... They never think of doing the fans ideas, or the right ones (G/S remake for example).

Anyway, I don't really mind about Arceus. So what if its a goat? Nothing in pokemon about them makes sense, and also, nothing wrong with a Super Goat!

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I love Arceus. Its so Divine and Powerful and I can make it any type I want.

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2010
    I always play with my favourites and this thing ain't one of 'em. Nintendo are right to not make it available.

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    Arceus is an ugly goat with a robotic cry. I liked the idea of Mew being the source of the creation of all Pokemon, and I intend on continuing to think that way. Not soon will I bow down to Arceus.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    I think it's way to early to judge Arceus yet. It's not even legally obtainable in the game. I'd like to see more come from Arceus in later game development =]

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    I think it's way to early to judge Arceus yet. It's not even legally obtainable in the game. I'd like to see more come from Arceus in later game development =]
    wut... You've seen just about all you're going to see of Arceus in the games, from the looks of it. (Although I'm sure the Anime has something to offer)

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    Well there's sort of a soft ban on Arceus in ubers right now in someplaces because it hasn't officially been released (which I don't get but whatever, I could be wrong I didn't really pay attention.

Now regarding the discussion on Arceus, yes by definition Arceus is the strongest but he is outclassed in different roles. Mewtwo does the Special Sweeping job better with 154 base Sp. Atk and 130 base speed. Physical Sweeping is done better and walling is done better by the likes of Lugia and Giratina as their defensive capabilities are much better.
    People have compared it to DeoxysA which I don't quite understand as despite its insane attacking stats 180/180/150 it is killed by Priority Moves, Weather effects and Status. 50/20/20 defenses scares no one.

Multitype is what gives Arceus its god status, as it's hard to counter properly since you never know what type it is. Plus a 150 (after Stab) attacking move with no draw backs is nice.

I'm willing to say Arceus is an amazing pokemon, but not the best. No one does the unpredictable tank better though.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    I don't really like Arceus, but I have never used him, seen him used, seen him in an Anime, I don't really know about him...
    I don't really like the popular Pokemon simply because they are powerful, I prefer the ones I personally like whether strong or not..

Back