• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Arceus

What do you think about the Alpha Pokémon?

• Total voters

World King

Twilight Silver Beast
    Years
    I've remade this thread after the old one got revived after a month by some user and locked by Ausaudriel :D

Arceus: The only Pokémon so far not officially revealed by Nintendo, and the only one so far to be illegal in everyway posible.

Classified as the Alpha Pokémon, it's sure worthy of the title, with a total base stat points of 720, the highest one so far, with 372 total in any stat, and an Arsenal of moves, including its ever type-changing Jugdment.

In my opinion, one hell of a Pokémon. But that's just me! What is YOUR opinion about it? Post what you think of the "God" Pokémon.

Last edited:

DJ Lorik

Honey, I just forgot to duck.
    Years
    All I can say is that I wish I had the Pokemon available in my arsenal heheh. I would have so much fun with it, it would be awesome. Having it and Pikachu would complete my whole Pokemon team.

Sir Matt

Ultimate Trainer of Dragons
    Years
    I think they overdid this a little. I have one myself, because I went to an event somewhere, and it's just a little too strong in my opinion. But there's a reason for it to be this strong! Nintendo wanted nobody to know about this until it came out in Japan or something. So obviously they wanted to hide their little god horse, which is good, because who knows what could be going on right now if they had already released it.

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
    I do think they needed a Pokemon that ultimately has the highest base stats of the all. However, because it is the strongest, it conflicts with other Pokemon (mainly Mew) preventing it from being completely ultimate and dominant. It can't learn every TM unlike Mew. But this does prevent people from overly using it. Another problem is creating another generation of Pokemon beyond the strongest.

So I like Arceus as the strongest, but I think it will cause future problems.

DeathlyHallows

I NEED A BATTLE!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2008
    Well, Arceus IS strong, of course, but I don't think it's the strongest, because of it's 720 base stats distribution.
    What makes it powerful is that it hits powerfully and can take hits (having 120 base stat in def, sp.def, and HP), but it's offensive abilities are average compared to other ubers, and it's speed is not the best.

Personally I think Attack deoxys is the best, Having 180 sp.att/att, and 150 spd!
    It's unbeatable!

UberChomp

Tyrant Of The Sand
    Years
    I think they overdid this a little. I have one myself, because I went to an event somewhere, and it's just a little too strong in my opinion. But there's a reason for it to be this strong! Nintendo wanted nobody to know about this until it came out in Japan or something. So obviously they wanted to hide their little god horse, which is good, because who knows what could be going on right now if they had already released it.

There hasn't been an Arceus event anywhere in the world yet, he has yet to be announced by Nintendo or distributed in anyway. You had to have hacked.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    It is just like any other legend to me.... I have reasons for thinking this however... but i don't feel like explaining them..

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
    I.
    Love.
    Arceus.

The argument I have is that in every way, shape and form, it is better than Mew. I have an acute hate for Mew (See: Pokemon You Hate thread), and the fact that they come out with another Pokemon that can learn all TM's, become any one type, and has a move that gets STAB, boost from its held item, and can be any type is ridiculous.

Plus, base stats of 120 across the board isn't so bad either. :D

I love this thing, srsly. It's not my favorite legendary, as Giratina holds that title, but it is probably the deadliest Pokemon out there due to the fact that it's both very possible and very difficult to predict in the hands of someone who can utilize its ability effectively.

DJ Lorik

Honey, I just forgot to duck.
    Years
    The main thing about this that should be known is that it is not the single strongest Pokemon in general. In stats that is the case, but I bet Mew or maybe another Pokemon could beat it.

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Sep 11, 2011
    No doubt it's insanely powerful and has tons of potential, but it just leaves me wondering, what now? It seems like each new generation tries to outdo the last in terms of legendaries, but this generation has just taken it way overboard. Now that we've got a legendary that is essentially God, what's next? What could possible proceed that as the next big, ultimate legendary? It seems like they've just created a huge wall for themselves. Arceus is definitely interesting, but I think they went a little overboard with it.

Last edited:

Bludycomicsinc

If you can read this.....
    Years
    This pokemon right now seems to be the "strongest of them all" but remeber when mew was released,everybody thought it was the strongest.It's strong and all but definitly not the strongest.I think it's going to become an uber with moves like judgment.But then again...whats so strong about a pokemon that looks like a goat?

Lith

Go, Missingno! Use- WTF BOOOOM
    Years
    I think it has 800+ of all stats once in reaches lvl 100...or is it 700+?
    Im not sure, but once its released, i will PROBALY get it...

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    I don't think Arceus is overkill. Anything stronger than Arceus, then that'd be overkill.
    Although I don't think they're going to even try and make a stronger Pokemon. Maybe a Satanic counterpart, but not anything stronger; especially if it really is the God of all Pokemon.

4th Gen Matt

Pokemon Onyx Creator
    Years
    I think we needed a god Pokemon, and I am glad we got it.

I think they are going to have to make a new tier just for him though. I would like to see Garchomp take on an Ice-type Arceus. Lol.

UberChomp

Tyrant Of The Sand
    Years
    It DOES do a pretty nice job at PWNing. (Specially with Judgment...)

Judgement is an amazing move. 100 base power, 100 accuracy, special type move, can be any type at will, what more can you ask for?

I think we needed a god Pokemon, and I am glad we got it.

I think they are going to have to make a new tier just for him though. I would like to see Garchomp take on an Ice-type Arceus. Lol.

I've always thought about a new tier for Arceus, just because he makes ubers look weak XD.

On the Garchomp vs. Ice Arceus thing, no way, Arceus would own Garchomp all the way.

RBY Mewtwo was waaaaay stronger.

Arceus is pretty good though. I prefer other legendaries though.

That's true. RBY Mewtwo was sickeningly strong, it could wipe out anything in the game. I remember those days....

Back