• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
I removed the introduction event and changed the map, yes. But why would I want to undo that? That would be a step backwards. I'm sure there's a way to fix this without undoing what I did. =/
The intro event sets two things: your gender (which affects which sprites your character uses) and your name.

You can shorten the intro event to just the gender and name select options, with none of the chatting with Prof. Oak. If not, then create an autorun event on the first map you start on, which set the player's gender and name for them (and remember to make the event switch itself off after that).

If you want the player to choose their own name/gender, but you don't want the chat with the Professor, keep the intro map as is and just get rid of the dialogue. If you don't want the player to choose their own name/gender, they can be set either by an event or in the scripts themselves.

crzyone9584

Pokemon: The Beginning Founder
Years
The intro event sets two things: your gender (which affects which sprites your character uses) and your name.

You can shorten the intro event to just the gender and name select options, with none of the chatting with Prof. Oak. If not, then create an autorun event on the first map you start on, which set the player's gender and name for them (and remember to make the event switch itself off after that).

If you want the player to choose their own name/gender, but you don't want the chat with the Professor, keep the intro map as is and just get rid of the dialogue. If you don't want the player to choose their own name/gender, they can be set either by an event or in the scripts themselves.

Thanks Maruno. I knew it had something to do with he intro event. I just didn't what part.

Years
I've been trying to find a helpful tutorial about this.
It's to difficult for me without some clear information how to use it.

Can someone provide me with some information, just a little bit to get me started.
At this rate it will take me ages to figure out the beginning parts...

Maruno

Years
I've been trying to find a helpful tutorial about this.
It's to difficult for me without some clear information how to use it.

Can someone provide me with some information, just a little bit to get me started.
At this rate it will take me ages to figure out the beginning parts...
Well, what do you want to do with it? The Notes and Advanced Notes are good for starters. Otherwise, learn by example and/or ask here about specific issues.

Years
Well, what do you want to do with it? The Notes and Advanced Notes are good for starters. Otherwise, learn by example and/or ask here about specific issues.

Thanks, I just want to learn how it works.
So I needed something that explains how all that coding/scripting works.
You cant really understand it all by just downloading it, some things really confuse me when I read it.
But your link helps alot thanks!

Maruno

Years
This post is written off the top of my head (which perhaps shows how eay it is, I couldn't say).

can someone please tell me how i can evolve a pokemon when it's happiness variable = 0?
Consider that there's already an evolution method programmed into Essentials for when a pokémon is really happy. What you want is to find the place it's coded in (and it's only in one spot in the scripts), see how they decide when a pokémon is happy, and then copy-paste that code into one of the available slots designated as "extra evolution methods". Change the "greater than or equals 220" to "equals 0" and you're good to go.

Then, in the PBS file pokemon.txt, where the line for the pokémon you want to evolve via hatred has its evolution method, write in "custom1" or whatever the name is of that "extra evolution method" you made above.

You could take this further, of course. The "extra evolution methods" allow for a single variable, which could easily be happiness value. You could make the extra method decide whether the happiness is "less than or equal to the variable", and then go on to create evolutions that occur when the pokémon dislikes you/really dislikes you/hates you/detests you. All using that one same extra evolution method, by changing the variable that goes into pokemon.txt alongside the evolution method name ("custom1" or whatever it is).

It's not that difficult to find and look at the evolution method scripts, even if you absolutely cannot understand them (it's a bad sign if that's true, by the way).

Oh, and remember that it'll only check to see if it can evolve after a level up, not as soon as the pokémon's happiness drops to zero. But that's good enough for everyone's purposes.

Flameguru

Pokemon: Metallic Silver
Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2024
I've looked through Poccil's Scripts and changed a lot regarding the resolution but I can't seem to find where I can change the enemybase and the enemy's x and y spot. I'm pretty sure it's in PokeBattle_ActualScene somewhere. It's time for some good looking Platinum sprites (not tiles though, unoriginal overused crap), and yes, this means Metallic Silver is back in progress ;)

For example:

New_Res_2.png
New_Res_2_WISB.png

I'm sure everyone can see what I want (2nd image) and what I have (1st image).

Someone who has looked through the scripts more than me probably knows exactly where I need to change some code so any help would be appreciated, Thanks :)

Last edited:

mad.array

Eeveelutions... need more...
Years
@Flameguru: The Y positions are held in the PBS/pokemon.txt file, not in the scripts themselves. If you alter the values in that then that should sort out your sinking Geodude =)

Last edited:

Flameguru

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2024
@Flaeguru: The Y positions are held in the PBS/pokemon.txt file, not in the scripts themselves. If you alter the values in that then that should sort out your sinking Geodude =)

The positions in the pokemon.txt file are used with some other position which is within the script itself I believe.

I believe something like "DefaultY" + BattlerEnemyY = Y is going on inside the script and all I need to do is change "DefaultY". I note this because there is a value for player side y positions also which are near the same value yet in the battle they could not possibly be the same y-coordinate.

Sure I could go through every Pokemon and change that BattlerEnemyY value but that would take forever.

I also need to move the enemybase.png position too.

mad.array

Eeveelutions... need more...
Years
If you look in the PokeBattle_ActualScene for the code 'factor=metrics[1][species]' (minus the quoation makrs) then you'll find the calculations for the Y position, the first entry being for a single battle, the second for a double battle. Not having much time I'm not sure where exactly you would make the changes but it's in that rough area.

The enemybase location is placed on this line (also in PokeBattle_Actualscene):

'pbAddSprite("enemybase",-256,96+@yoffset,enemybase,@viewport) # ends at (224,96)'

So just place it 500 pixels left of where you want it to end up.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
The positions in the pokemon.txt file are used with some other position which is within the script itself I believe.

I believe something like "DefaultY" + BattlerEnemyY = Y is going on inside the script and all I need to do is change "DefaultY". I note this because there is a value for player side y positions also which are near the same value yet in the battle they could not possibly be the same y-coordinate.

Sure I could go through every Pokemon and change that BattlerEnemyY value but that would take forever.

I also need to move the enemybase.png position too.

I had a hard time figuring that out as well ;p. To change the player pokémon sprite, check around line 899 and 900 on pokebattle_actualscene (on the PokeballPlayerSendOutAnimation class). For the enemy one go to lines 711 and 712 (PokeballSendOutAnimation class). For both, just edit the spritex and spritey value, thats all =p.

Flameguru

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2024
The enemybase is fixed but even though I changed the spritey it still doesn't move the Pokemon up. Everything should move up 64 pixels basically.

WIHN.png

Lines 699 to 735:

Code:
def initialize(sprite,spritehash,pkmn,doublebattle)
  @disposed=false
  @pokeballopen=BitmapCache.load_bitmap("Graphics/Pictures/pokeballopen.png")
  @pokeballclosed=BitmapCache.load_bitmap("Graphics/Pictures/pokeball.png")
  @pokemonsprite=sprite
  @pokemonsprite.visible=false
  @pokemonsprite.color=Color.new(31*8,22*8,30*8)
  @pokeballsprite=Sprite.new(sprite.viewport)
  if doublebattle
   @spritex=pkmn.index==1 ? 400 : 304
   @spritey=pkmn.index==1 ? 96+24 : 96+24
  else
   @spritex=344
   @spritey=186
  end
  @spritey+=(Graphics.height-384)
  @spritehash=spritehash
  @pokeballsprite.x=@spritex-8
  @pokeballsprite.y=@spritey-8
  @pkmn=pkmn
  metrics=load_data("Data/metrics.dat")
  factor=metrics[1][pkmn.species] # enemy Y
  factor-=metrics[2][pkmn.species] # altitude (affects shadows)
  halfY=(sprite.bitmap && 
     !sprite.bitmap.disposed?) ? sprite.bitmap.height/2 : 64
  @endspritey=factor*2+halfY # from center
  @endspritey+=(Graphics.height-384)
  @shadowY=@spritey+16 # from top
  @shadowX=@spritex+32 # from left
  @endspritey+=16 if !doublebattle
  @endspritey+=16 if doublebattle && pkmn.index==1
  @stepspritey=(@spritey-@endspritey)
  @zoomstep=(1.0-STARTZOOM)/SPRITESTEPS
  @pokeballsprite.bitmap=@pokeballclosed
  @animdone=false
  @frame=0
 end

EDIT: It seems to work only for Trainer Battles and their Pokemon:

NewResolutionWild.png
NewResolutionTrainer.png

Just need to find out why Wild Battles aren't changing. So close! :P

Last edited:

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
Years
EDIT: It seems to work only for Trainer Battles and their Pokemon:

NewResolutionWild.png
NewResolutionTrainer.png

Just need to find out why Wild Battles aren't changing. So close! :P

I've gotten this far too and the reason why it doesn't work in wild battles is because in wild battles the pokemon are not sent out of pokeaballs: PokeballSendOutAnimation class
In wild battles they "scroll" in from the side, right? and because of that, I can't find a proper "deafultX".

I hope you'll figure this out as you are more experienced in spriting than me.

Good luck Flameguru!

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Hmm that may solve your problem Flameguru:

if ((@frame/10).floor&1)==1 && @selected==1 # When choosing commands for this Pokemon
self.x=@spriteX
self.y=@spriteY+2
elsif ((@frame/5).floor&1)==1 && @selected==2 # When targeted or damaged
self.x=@spriteX
self.y=@spriteY+2
else
self.x=@spriteX
self.y=@spriteY
end

Find that around line 867. in all parts that @spritex or y appear, add or subtract the number your pixels you want, example:

if ((@frame/10).floor&1)==1 && @selected==1 # When choosing commands for this Pokemon
self.x=@spriteX+20
self.y=@spriteY+2-50
elsif ((@frame/5).floor&1)==1 && @selected==2 # When targeted or damaged
self.x=@spriteX+20
self.y=@spriteY+2-50
else
self.x=@spriteX+20
self.y=@spriteY-50
end

That one may work I'm not sure, you will also need to change if @appearing part right before it, so the starting animation look alright. Good luck buddy ;p.

Flameguru

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2024
That code changes the position of the player status box.

EDIT: Progress made (sorta). Lines 386 to 398:

Code:
  if ((@frame/9).floor&1)==1 && @selected==1 # When choosing commands for this Pokémon
   self.x=@spriteX
   self.y=@spriteY+2-32
   self.visible=@spriteVisible
  elsif @selected==2 # When targeted or damaged
   self.x=@spriteX
   self.y=@spriteY-32
   self.visible=(@frame%10<7)
  elsif 
   self.x=@spriteX
   self.y=@spriteY-32
   self.visible=@spriteVisible
  end

Unfortunately, it moves the Player's Pokemon up too. Some Trial and Error will fix this.

crzyone9584

Years
So im adding an event which will call to delete an item. I was wondering if i would be able to delete just one if the user has multiple of the same items. so somethink like this but for deleting

Code:
$PokemonBag.pbStoreItem(
     PBItems::POKeBALL, 5
)

would it work like this?

Code:
 $PokemonBag.pbDeleteItem(
    PBItems::POTION, 1
   )

Thanks for the help

crzyone9584

Years

Yes, but why wouldn't you just try it first and then if it didn't work ask for a way to make it work?

Sry. Im not all here today. I was out hiking all day for a class of mine. Thought I'd work when i had a question come up. Didnt really think. Plus i didnt see it int he notes.html so i figured it most likely would give me an error. Thanks for the help Flameguru.

ze1

Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2022
I'm trying to use the animation editor but it doesn't save anything I do, eventhough I use the save option. Why is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back