• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2021
    If you search the PokéGear script for words such as "UP" and "DOWN", you may well find what you're looking for. Replace them with "LEFT" and "RIGHT". It's not difficult.

I tried that. it didnt work. only the graphics for the button change. the arrow didnt move. it only moves when i press up or down.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
  • I tried that. it didnt work. only the graphics for the button change. the arrow didnt move. it only moves when i press up or down.
    Okay, that's because the actual list is a Window_CommandPokemon list, and displayed off-screen.

I would suggest you try a little redesigning. Why don't you want to use UP/DOWN? It's easier, because that's how it already works.

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2021
    Okay, that's because the actual list is a Window_CommandPokemon list, and displayed off-screen.

I would suggest you try a little redesigning. Why don't you want to use UP/DOWN? It's easier, because that's how it already works.
    i wanted my pokegear to move to the right rather than up and down. but if i cant get it then i'll have to deal with it. thanx for the help! :)

Maruno

Years
  • i wanted my pokegear to move to the right rather than up and down. but if i cant get it then i'll have to deal with it. thanx for the help! :)
    It'd be a bit complicated, really. One way would be to create a new class and customise it to work with left/right (perhaps an adaptation of the one that displays moves in battle?). Another way I can think of would only add the left/right functions, not remove up/down.

I can't imagine it's a huge task to replace left/right with up/down, though.

SpawnHyuuga

Elite Four Spawn
    Years
  • Nightmareninja12 said:
    Poccil, since people are like clamoring for a caterpillar script all over the place since the announcement of the game HG/SS is there any chance you'd get around to doing it?

Maruno said:
    They're not, are they? Dependent events already exist, and they work fine. I thought everyone wanted a way to change the image of the dependent event depending on which pokémon is at the front of their party.

I know the dependent events exist, but last time I heard they were still buggy, at least according to this thread. I guess I'll have to see for myself. I'll be back in about 2 hours to check on some of this stuff, and try it out.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=184154

EDIT: Above topic contains Caterpillar Script! Get it while it's hot!

Last edited:

Fraot

Researcher & Game Developer
    Years
  • Well... I'm a little tired of this. I think the only way to make my Intro better is by making a couple of lines which send the player directly to a map and then display the title animation there, so, after the intro finishes, it comes goes to the Title Screen(comes back to the Scene_Intro script). I think I can do it, there's a script like that on internet.

EDIT: HEY!!! This crap!! I downloaded the latest essentials, and it ruined ALL my work!! No sound of the SpriteWindow can be heared, I only got "File not found <insert name here>, the game will continue playing". On the title screen, it tells me that the "Title" midi could not be found, but IT'S THERE!!!. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGHH, this drives me crazy! Now I can't get back to my normal kit, crap. EVERY ****ING SOUND IS ON THE ****ING SE FOLDER AND EVERY ****ING MUSIC IS ON THE ****ING BGM FOLDER!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2011
    Hey guys, can anyone tell me where the Battle menu, and the Menu that has (Pokedex, Save, Pokemon, Items..) is located on the Scripts ? I want to change my Pokemon Essentials one to a custom one :D

Maruno

Years
  • Hey guys, can anyone tell me where the Battle menu, and the Menu that has (Pokedex, Save, Pokemon, Items..) is located on the Scripts ? I want to change my Pokemon Essentials one to a custom one :D
    Battle menu: PokeBattle_ActualScene, somewhere in all that mess. Search for "Bag" to find the array with the four options in.

Pause menu: PokemonMenu.

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2011
    Thank you matey, you were a huge help !

Also, i made a item but it doesn't seem to have any effect whatsoever.

305,APPLE,APPLE,1,50,"An Apple found of a Tree. It restores only a small amount of HP of a Pokémon.",1,1

I can see the item and everything, and even when i press it it lets me choose the pokemon, but i when i press the pokemon it just takes me to the bag and the item wasn't used..

Can anyone help ?

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2015
    Vaskituh:

You also must implement an item handler for that item to allow the item to work. By default, items without item handlers are not considered to be "used". See the examples in the script section PokemonDefaultItems for examples of item handlers. Also see the section "Implementing New Items" in the notes.

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2010
    How do I add more characters? Cause I want to add the fat guy that is in EVERY starter town, so he can talk about my game...

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    If you mean new character sprites, copy the sprite to the Graphics/Characters folder. If you mean add him to the game, go to the events layer and double-click a tile. Either way, this is a general RMXP question, not a starter kit one, so it would have been better if you'd asked it in the Help and Requests thread.

Years
  • thanks poccil. Also:

Can you spot me any working pokegear script? I screwed mine up and forgot to save an extra copy.

Just go to where you saved your pokeessentials.zip or whatever it is called -->Unzip to new folder -->Open up the Game project inside the folder after its been unzipped -->Go to the PokeGear script in the Scripts and just copy and paste it over your existing one in your main project (not in the same folder obviously ;|). Assuming you keep the .zip, but it would be a bit silly to delete it unless your downloading a newer version.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2015
    Thanks for telling me:

In the line given in the error message in PokemonUtilities, replace pokemon.id=$Trainer.getForeignID with pokemon.trainerID=$Trainer.getForeignID

Again, send error messages and bug reports to my Private Message box, rather than this thread. That way, I can refer to them in one place rather than jumbled all over in different pages.

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2010
    I don't suppose there's a way to make it that when a character gives you an egg, it's already nearly hatched or comes with special moves is there?

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2011
    semttulopt.jpg

Guys i got this error, what is happening ?
    Also, when i use GoodRod it happens exactly the same thing..

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2015
    Vaskituh:

In previous versions, removing items such as the Town Map from the data file caused problems like that one. Now, however, in more recent versions of Pokemon Essentials you can have any kind of items you want and put them in any order in the data file without causing problems. The same is true for moves and Pokemon species.

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2011
    So basically the order of the Items is wrong ?

Where can i change it, my game is in it's final stage. I let a friend work on some scripts and he changed a few things and implement some features, now the features work but some old things like Bike and others don't work.

Thanks

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back