• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I know it may sound stupid, but every time I save a game and turn it off, i don't have "Continue" option after turning it on again. It only says "New Game" and "Options". I tried it on fresh downloaded starter kit in both "Test Play" and "Game.exe". What's the matter?

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
Years
I know it may sound stupid, but every time I save a game and turn it off, i don't have "Continue" option after turning it on again. It only says "New Game" and "Options". I tried it on fresh downloaded starter kit in both "Test Play" and "Game.exe". What's the matter?

Game.exe, probably doesn't have read/write permissions.

Move your whole Pokemon folder to either the desktop, or in My Documents, and see if that fixes it.

XD003

The Silver Rose of Chaos
Years
I just keep coming back with questions, but I'm learning from them at least.

For some reason I can't seem to get a weather effect working on one of my maps. Any clue why? Could it be because I added a new tileset in? If it is, or isn't, how do I fix it?

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
I just keep coming back with questions, but I'm learning from them at least.

For some reason I can't seem to get a weather effect working on one of my maps. Any clue why? Could it be because I added a new tileset in? If it is, or isn't, how do I fix it?
It won't be because of the tileset. What weather effect are you trying to use, and what have you done to that end?

Simply setting the weather type in metadata.txt should be enough.

XD003

The Silver Rose of Chaos
Years
It won't be because of the tileset. What weather effect are you trying to use, and what have you done to that end?

Simply setting the weather type in metadata.txt should be enough.

Sandstorm Weather effect. At first i thought there were no graphics for Sandstorm OW, but then I remembered one of the Area maps had it. So I'm not sure what happened.

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
Years
Sandstorm Weather effect. At first i thought there were no graphics for Sandstorm OW, but then I remembered one of the Area maps had it. So I'm not sure what happened.

Are calling the script, or using the default weather system?

Anyway, I have my own question. (may sound kind of "n00b-ish" though) Is it possible to remove the battle system from Essentials and use it on a default RMXP project? I remember seeing "Pokémon Battle System" on www.upokecenter.com but that's no longer downloadable since it's incorporated with Essentials.

Cilerba

Years
I'm not quite sure what you mean. All I know is that I'm opening the Visual Editor and setting the weather from there. It's worked for me before, and I don't know why it's not working now.

Oh ok. (Didn't know you could do it from the Visual Editor)

Here try this. Go to the map, and set Parallel Process event and call this script:
Code:
$game_screen.weather(4,9.0,20)

And if there are any houses (which I doubt since it's a sandstorm map) then edit the door event and before the Transfer Player event, paste this script [v]before[/b] it.
Code:
$game_screen.weather(0,0,20)

Let me know how that works out for you :)

XD003

The Silver Rose of Chaos
Years
Oh ok. (Didn't know you could do it from the Visual Editor)

Here try this. Go to the map, and set Parallel Process event and call this script:
Code:
$game_screen.weather(4,9.0,20)

And if there are any houses (which I doubt since it's a sandstorm map) then edit the door event and before the Transfer Player event, paste this script [v]before[/b] it.
Code:
$game_screen.weather(0,0,20)

Let me know how that works out for you :)

Chances are it'd probably work, but I don't touch something I don't have a general idea about. The same goes for scripting for anything. I can't understand anything in the scripts section, so I'd seriously need someone to dumb that down. But eh, I could always get a scripter in on this project and have them mess around with it.

Edit: Nevermind, apparently. Somehow, the weather is fixed.

Last edited:

Maruno

Years
Edit: Nevermind, apparently. Somehow, the weather is fixed.
That "somehow" is the reason why I never use the editor. I always edit the PBS files directly. It's very easy to see exactly what's going on in there, and you don't need to rely on the editor working properly (which it sometimes doesn't, apparently).

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
Years
The same thing is happening to me on the Sprite Repositioner, I can't get the back sprites of my fakemon to appear when i'm positioning them. I'm using Luca's Christmas present and it worked fine until then...

No biggie, like Maruno said, you can edit the PBS files directly.

Cilerba

Years
That "somehow" is the reason why I never use the editor. I always edit the PBS files directly. It's very easy to see exactly what's going on in there, and you don't need to rely on the editor working properly (which it sometimes doesn't, apparently).

Yeah, that's what I do. Although, sometimes when I edit the PBS files directly, they don't save somehow. When that happens I go back to the editor and do it that way.

Oh, and can anyone help me with my "noob-ish" question?
" Is it possible to remove the battle system from Essentials and use it on a default RMXP project? I remember seeing "Pokémon Battle System" on www.upokecenter.com but that's no longer downloadable since it's incorporated with Essentials."

Fraot

Researcher & Game Developer
Years
Hey, hello everyone again!
I kind of re-opened my project since two weeks ago. I've been working on some scripts and that stuff, but I have the same damn question I had before.

How the heck do I initialize a constant on Pokebattle_MoveEffects? I'm using as a basis the pedapp starter kit(it's already too edited and it's not like the pedapp some of you saw before), so the last move effect index is the 114, which is Charge Beam.
I created a move called Fog Rise(115), which turns the weather into fog, since it's a weather, it wasn't hard to make it, I based myself on Sandstorm/Hail/Rain and everything went allright. I also created an ability called Foggy Sky(the equivalent of Drought, Sand Stream or Drizzle) and everything works fine: when a pokemon with that ability is sent out, the sky turns foggy. Also, I created another ability called Fog Sneak, which boosts the user's Attack stat and it's attack increases if there's fog!! BUT, if a pokemon has the move Fog Rise, a damn error prompt pops up when a wild/trainer battle begins(well, when your pokemon is sent out)!!! I'm getting mad because of that.

I enterely copied Sandstorm's effect (with its obvious changes)and there shouldn't be any problem since I added the same effect on the AI script. I don't know how the guy who created the pedapp achieved to make work the move effects he created.

Years
Game.exe, probably doesn't have read/write permissions.

Move your whole Pokemon folder to either the desktop, or in My Documents, and see if that fixes it.

Sadly, moving folder to desktop or my documents didn't help. I'm using Windows 7 64 bit. I tried running Game.exe as Administrator. It also already had all permissions in "scurity" tab.

Anyone has any idea what's wrong?

UltramasterBDX

German Romhacker
Years
Hey pll,

I wondered.. how can I fix that annoying text within the ability description? It happens on a fresh unpacked starterkit..

jfgk6d.png

245y69l.png

Maruno

Years
Oh, and can anyone help me with my "noob-ish" question?
" Is it possible to remove the battle system from Essentials and use it on a default RMXP project? I remember seeing "Pokémon Battle System" on www.upokecenter.com but that's no longer downloadable since it's incorporated with Essentials."
Of course it's possible - it was written into an RPG Maker XP game, after all - but it's almost certainly a huge hassle to find all the required classes and defs to copy across.

Hey pll,

I wondered.. how can I fix that annoying text within the ability description? It happens on a fresh unpacked starterkit..

jfgk6d.png

245y69l.png
The ability descriptions come from the Gen 4 games (which are a bit longer than the Gen 3 ones), while the summary screens mimic the Gen 3 screens.

Either rewrite the descriptions to make them shorter, or edit the screen to include a larger space for the description.

XD003

The Silver Rose of Chaos
Years
So, I'm having another problem. I'm trying to use Waterfall, but I keep getting an error

---------------------------
Pokemon Essentials
Exception: ArgumentError

PokemonHiddenMoves:334:in `pbFacingTerrainTag'

PokemonHiddenMoves:334:in `pbAscendWaterfall'

PokemonHiddenMoves:375:in `pbWaterfall'

PokemonHiddenMoves:576

PokemonHiddenMoves:573:in `call'

PBEvent:58:in `trigger'

PBEvent:52:in `each'

PBEvent:52:in `trigger'

Scene_Map:165:in `update'

Scene_Map:63:in `main'

This exception was logged in

C:\Users\Andrew\Saved Games/Pokemon Essentials/errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
OK

I'd assume it has something to do with the scripts, but if it does I have no clue what to mess with, even if I had the ability to mess with it. So yeah, does anyone know why?

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
How can i make HM RockClimb?

EDIT: NEvermind i get it to work :D

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jul 2, 2017
So there's no fix to the odd time system bug? Also- is there a way to make a switch that once on, turns off when it's a new day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back