• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
So there's no fix to the odd time system bug? Also- is there a way to make a switch that once on, turns off when it's a new day?
The wiki has a page devoted to time. I don't think there's currently a way to make a "turn off at midnight" thing, but it can't be too difficult to create it.

Go into Game_Event_ and find the def expired?. Copy and paste it, with a few modifications (i.e. return false if the current time is a different day to the variable's day). I'm not entirely sure how you'd do that (perhaps just check the weekday, and include a mention that returns false if the current time is over 100,000 seconds further on than the variable's time). Perhaps erase the variable while you're at it. I don't know. It's a start. If you figure something out, please mention it on the wiki - it saves someone else having to figure it out and put it up anyway.

Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2010
Don't understand.

Take a look at this code and tell me what's wrong. Attatched picture is the code.

The error message i get is :
---------------------------
Pokemon Garnet
Exception: RuntimeError

Message: Script error within event 1, map 5 (Startingvillagehouses):

(eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'undefined method `pokegear=' for nil:NilClass

***Full script:

$Trainer.pokegear=true
$PokemonGlobal.runningShoes=true

Interpreter:238:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:1652:in `eval'

Interpreter:238:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:1652:in `command_355'

Interpreter:496:in `execute_command'

Interpreter:190:in `update'

Interpreter:104:in `loop'

Interpreter:195:in `update'

Scene_Map:100:in `update'

Scene_Map:98:in `loop'

Interpreter:279:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:1652:in `command_355'

Interpreter:496:in `execute_command'

Interpreter:190:in `update'

Interpreter:104:in `loop'

Interpreter:195:in `update'

Scene_Map:100:in `update'

Scene_Map:98:in `loop'

Scene_Map:111:in `update'

Scene_Map:67:in `main'

Years
Does really nobody had the same problem as me? I can't save a game on freshly downloaded starter kit. Well, I can, but the game doesn't create the save data file so after restertating it, i have only New Game option again.
I'm using Windows 7 64-bit. I tried running as Administrator, giving all permissions, coping to pulpit and my documents, but nothing helped. But other downloaded games like Pokemon Raptor or Pokemon Metalic silver have no prolems with saving game and creating save file in the folder.

JakeClowd

the Silent Clowd
Years
OK, I don't know if this is all ready posted yet (being there are 300 pages and I don't want to read all of them) But can someone help me.

I need a way to connect the cities on my map to the areas they relate to. I find it kind of akward the you made the map a separate script instead of a map in the game. Please help me.

Basicly, I want to fly to a place when I click that on the map.

Last edited:

Maruno

Years
OK, I don't know if this is all ready posted yet (being there are 300 pages and I don't want to read all of them) But can someone help me.

I need a way to connect the cities on my map to the areas they relate to. I find it kind of akward the you made the map a separate script instead of a map in the game. Please help me.

Basicly, I want to fly to a place when I click that on the map.
You mean you want to relate the game maps (the ones you walk around and talk to NPCs in) to the region map (which shows all the routes and towns in a single screen, plus a bobbing head showing where the player currently is)?

There are two parts to this. The first is setting Fly destinations. These are called healing spots in Essentials for some unknown reason. Information can be found on the wiki.

The second part is setting each map's metadata such that the player's current position is shown properly when you look at the Town Map. This is called the MapPosition, and again, there's information on the wiki about it. Note that a map intended to cover multiple squares in the Town Map (e.g. long routes, big cities) are still only allowed one position, so you'll just need to pick the best one (or split all your maps up and have "Goldenrod City North"-type messages pop up every so often - you can disable those for specific map transitions, but it's a bit tricky).

That's all there is to it, as surprising as it is.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
errorma.png

Ok, this is pretty hard to explain. At the top I've set these two maps to connect because they use different tile sets. The one at the bottom has a fog but the one at the top doesn't, because when they both do the fogs over lap.
In the screens below you can see that on the top map, when you walk up to that point the fog dissappears. Why?

Maruno

Years
Okay, so, I don't know how to get Waterfall or Fly working out of battle. Anyone have a clue as to why? Also, if anyone has a clue how to make those work, can it be put up on the Wiki? I couldn't find anything there either.
In what way don't they work? Are they just saying "you can't use this here", or is there an error message, or can you simply not trigger their use whatever you do?

These two moves are quite unique, in that they use properties and information in particular ways. Waterfall uses certain terrain tags to determine whether the player is at the top or bottom of a waterfall (or otherwise), and Fly uses destination points defined in the PBS file townmap.txt.

I have no experience of using Waterfall, so I can't help with that. As for Fly, make sure the Healing Spots are recorded in regionmap.txt. There's not much more I can suggest with such vague information.

Oh, and make sure one of your Pokémon knows the move, and that you have the right Gym Badge for it.

XD003

The Silver Rose of Chaos
Years
In what way don't they work? Are they just saying "you can't use this here", or is there an error message, or can you simply not trigger their use whatever you do?

These two moves are quite unique, in that they use properties and information in particular ways. Waterfall uses certain terrain tags to determine whether the player is at the top or bottom of a waterfall (or otherwise), and Fly uses destination points defined in the PBS file townmap.txt.

I have no experience of using Waterfall, so I can't help with that. As for Fly, make sure the Healing Spots are recorded in regionmap.txt. There's not much more I can suggest with such vague information.

Oh, and make sure one of your Pokémon knows the move, and that you have the right Gym Badge for it.

Error messages for both. I posted the waterfall one here before. I'll repost it at the bottom. As for Fly, I had a Pokemon with fly, and I flew back to the test map to see if Fly would work. It gave me an error, like Waterfall did.

Pokemon Essentials
Exception: ArgumentError

PokemonHiddenMoves:334:in `pbFacingTerrainTag'

PokemonHiddenMoves:334:in `pbAscendWaterfall'

PokemonHiddenMoves:375:in `pbWaterfall'

PokemonHiddenMoves:576

PokemonHiddenMoves:573:in `call'

PBEvent:58:in `trigger'

PBEvent:52:in `each'

PBEvent:52:in `trigger'

Scene_Map:165:in `update'

Scene_Map:63:in `main'

This exception was logged in

C:\Users\Andrew\Saved Games/Pokemon Essentials/errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
OK

Maruno

Years
Error messages for both. I posted the waterfall one here before. I'll repost it at the bottom. As for Fly, I had a Pokemon with fly, and I flew back to the test map to see if Fly would work. It gave me an error, like Waterfall did.

Pokemon Essentials
Exception: ArgumentError
PokemonHiddenMoves:334:in `pbFacingTerrainTag'
PokemonHiddenMoves:334:in `pbAscendWaterfall'
PokemonHiddenMoves:375:in `pbWaterfall'
PokemonHiddenMoves:576
PokemonHiddenMoves:573:in `call'
PBEvent:58:in `trigger'
PBEvent:52:in `each'
PBEvent:52:in `trigger'
Scene_Map:165:in `update'
Scene_Map:63:in `main'

This exception was logged in
C:\Users\Andrew\Saved Games/Pokemon Essentials/errorlog.txt.
Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
OK
To fix the waterfall thing, look in PokemonHiddenMoves for two instances of the following line:

Code:
 terrain=Kernel.pbFacingTerrainTag[COLOR=Red](nil,event)[/COLOR]
They should be at lines 334 and 353, in waterfall-looking defs. Remove the red bit from each of them.

I'm not sure what poccil was trying to do there, but clearly he didn't follow through with it.

I can't see why Fly doesn't work. Not having the actual error message is a hindrance. It could be a problem with the example maps - perhaps the fly data is wrong or missing (although I kinda doubt that). There's no easy way to tell what's going on with Fly. Give us the actual error message, and I might be able to tell something from it.

This is why people should learn to read the error messages.

Years
Hi, how can I make an animated Title screen?
I want a Title screen like the old gold and silver version ... with a flying pokémon animation (endless animation) and if i press enter it goes to the main menu.
I am helpless :/

XD003

The Silver Rose of Chaos
Years
To fix the waterfall thing, look in PokemonHiddenMoves for two instances of the following line:

Code:
 terrain=Kernel.pbFacingTerrainTag[COLOR=Red](nil,event)[/COLOR]
They should be at lines 334 and 353, in waterfall-looking defs. Remove the red bit from each of them.

I'm not sure what poccil was trying to do there, but clearly he didn't follow through with it.

I can't see why Fly doesn't work. Not having the actual error message is a hindrance. It could be a problem with the example maps - perhaps the fly data is wrong or missing (although I kinda doubt that). There's no easy way to tell what's going on with Fly. Give us the actual error message, and I might be able to tell something from it.

This is why people should learn to read the error messages.

I do read the error messages, it's just I have serious problems understanding it. Also, for some reason, Fly IS working now. When I first tried it, for some reason it didn't work. I tried it again, and it is now. Dunno why. I'll try the Waterfall script out and see if it works. Also, Waterfall is now working. Thanks x.x

Colbex

Cobalt Black Creator
Years
Alright so I've had this issue for awhile now and for the likes of me I can't can't comprehend what's going on. The Em, R/S, and FRLG fonts work perfectly. However, my DP font ignores spacing on any screen. I was planning on using the DP as the default and removing the RS and Em fonts too, as they cause some of the dex entries to run off the page. I checked the font file itself and compared it to another version where the problem didn't exist and the font files are identical(aside from one being named Power Clear and the other being the original Pokemon DP). Anyway, I replaced the newer version with the older forcing me to edit a line or two (just a piece in options and in sprite window) and I still had the same problem.
Here's a comparison. Images on the left are of the FRLG font, while those on the right are of the DP.
capture005-3.jpg
capture002-1.jpg

capture003-3.jpg
capture000-3.jpg

Zadow

Pokemon Ebony Developer
Years
capture104.png

Okay so really simple question, and I'd appreciate it if someone could help me, shouldn't take more than a few minutes to tell me :)
as you can see I'm messing with the designs of the HP bars and Text boxes and stuff, I want to change the font colour, at least on the HP boxes, because obviously isn't very clear right now. I want to change it to a white-ish colour, or just something more visible, I'm almost certain there is a colour setting in the script somewhere I just want to know where. :] any help is appreaciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back