• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
    Years
    You could just make a common event, set a variable to the number of steps you are doing, and call the event every map. I wouldn't know how to script it, but its fairly easy to event.

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
    Years
    Does anyone know what script holds the fonts for the bag, name selection, and any other fonts? I need to edit them for my game, but I can't find them.

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    Does anyone know what script holds the fonts for the bag, name selection, and any other fonts? I need to edit them for my game, but I can't find them.
    Honestly, they're all over the place. I'll try to list all of them, but I might miss a few:

Spoiler:

That might be all of them. You can generally see what they apply to based on the names.

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    Try looking in the script:
    sprite_window
    The fonts should be stored there.
    Oh, you're right. I thought he was talking about changing the color, since it had been asked so much. It's in SpriteWindow, RPG__Sprite, DrawText, and a few instances in PokemonOption, PokemonStorage, and PokemonSummary. Just look for the word "Arial" in all sections, since that's the default.

Years
    Hey everyone,
    I startet my work last week and worked hard to get as much as possible done ^^ but now I have a problem. I try to add the origin form of Giratina, the wiki tells me to add the script right under the clauses of unown and spinda, the same with the icons, but I am to stupid to find those lines...
    Also my Spinda looks kind like a freaky desaster, more like a monster, than a pokémon... maybe someone is able to explain me why?

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
    Years
    Hey everyone,
    I startet my work last week and worked hard to get as much as possible done ^^ but now I have a problem. I try to add the origin form of Giratina, the wiki tells me to add the script right under the clauses of unown and spinda, the same with the icons, but I am to stupid to find those lines...
    Also my Spinda looks kind like a freaky desaster, more like a monster, than a pokémon... maybe someone is able to explain me why?

There's a whole section of code dedicated to the spinda pattern. However, it was made with the 128x128 size sprite. I think it works with 160x160, but not smaller than 128x128.

Years
    thanks, but can you may tell me where this section is? May I can get it work for my 80x80 size sprite or at least delete it out, so I have a spinda, that looks quite normal, not like a clown

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
    Years
    If I wanted to add code to change the music in-battle when the Player is down to one Pokémon, where would the ideal place for this code be?

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2011
    Hi guys
    Where are the new releases of the starter kit? The website seems down, is it mirrored?
    thanks

Years
    I have another question,
    Pokemon Essential Wiki said:
    For each animation you create, name it MOVE:"move name".
    and
    Notes.html" said:
    When creating animations that involve an attacker and an opponent, the point at (-160,80) is considered to be the attacker, and the point at (160,-80) is considered to be the opponent.[...]

But when there is one animation for the attacker and one for the opponent, how they have to be named? There are also some examples of animations in Pokemon Essential, but i don't think they work properly because they have false names...

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    Hi anyone have idea how in editor i can do changing position for sprites for X not only for Y?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back