• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klofkac

He's back!
    Years
    Klofkac: There is already a roaming system in the starter kit. Look at the PokemonRoaming script section. Also, your event does not actually make a roaming system - it just adds a rare wild encounter, with optional event commands happening before and after.

Thanks for critique, I really thought "Rare encounter", but I named it wrong :\. However, I don't understand the roaming script.

I have one more question, how i can do PkMn evolution, if PkMn levels up in the particular map, like EEVEE to LEAFEON?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2010
    Okay, no one has answered this, but I still haven't found out how to do it... Someone please help me...
    ... is everyone ignoring me? When I try to open the editor.exe, it says an error, so I can't set the wild pokemon encounter for a location because you need the editor.exe, can someone help me this time?

Klofkac

He's back!
    Years
    ... is everyone ignoring me? When I try to open the editor.exe, it says an error, so I can't set the wild pokemon encounter for a location because you need the editor.exe, can someone help me this time?
    Try read advanced.htm . There is tutorial, how you can edit encounters without editor.exe .

Wind Gale

Lost With the Wind
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen May 19, 2014
    I still can't use editor.exe but now I can't find the debug option anymore. Does anyone know why this happened.

Edit: Wow I feel stupid. I had tested the game from the folder instead of playtesting it.

Still does anyone know how to fix the Editor.exe?

Last edited:

Infinipede

negima ruined my life
    Years
    Okay, so I just downloaded Pokemon Essentials and I can't even play the test "game". Joy. Tried from both RPG Maker XP itself and the folder, neither work. I get this error:
    ---------------------------
    Pokemon Essentials
    Exception: NoMethodError

Audio:136:in `Audio_bgm_play'

Audio:303:in `bgm_play'

Game_System:37:in `audioBgmPlay'

Game_System:58:in `bgm_play_ex'

Game_System:71:in `bgm_play'

Interpreter:1486:in `command_241'

Interpreter:414:in `execute_command'

Interpreter:190:in `update'

Interpreter:104:in `loop'

Interpreter:195:in `update'

This exception was logged in errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
    OK

Is there some kind of idiotproofing on this game for people who aren't fluent in Ruby? Or am I just missing something?

Can't open the editor either.

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
    Years
    Okay, so I just downloaded Pokemon Essentials and I can't even play the test "game". Joy. Tried from both RPG Maker XP itself and the folder, neither work. I get this error:
    Pokemon Essentials

Audio:136:in `Audio_bgm_play'

Audio:303:in `bgm_play'

Game_System:37:in `audioBgmPlay'

Game_System:58:in `bgm_play_ex'

Game_System:71:in `bgm_play'

Interpreter:1486:in `command_241'

Interpreter:414:in `execute_command'

Interpreter:190:in `update'

Interpreter:104:in `loop'

Interpreter:195:in `update'

This exception was logged in errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
    OK

Is there some kind of idiotproofing on this game for people who aren't fluent in Ruby? Or am I just missing something?

Can't open the editor either.

Ok, half of the new posts on this forum are this question. For all further posts read this first.

Just DELETE audio.dll. Problem fixed.

np7261

Exceeding Excpectations
    Years
    Even without the extra trainer sprites the editor fails to work. I also found out the game chrashes. Anyone with an older version of pokemon essentials please send!!!

Klofkac

He's back!
    Years
    I still can't use editor.exe but now I can't find the debug option anymore. Does anyone know why this happened.

Edit: Wow I feel stupid. I had tested the game from the folder instead of playtesting it.

Still does anyone know how to fix the Editor.exe?

What's wrong with the editor? What error message it says?

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Another thing. It seems when I place blank tiles on upper layers, they take priority over the lower layers' objects' passage data. So if I had a blank tile with the "O" passage, and placed it on the top layer so that I could clear some unwanted objects there, but if I did that over a building, it would use the blank tile's "O" instead of the building tile's "X". If anybody gets this, how can I fix it?
    Try using the blank tile that's at the top left of the tileset, next to the autotiles. That one should be truly blank, and not affect passage.

For convenience, it's probably best to mark any blank tiles in a tileset with an X or a squiggle or something, to make sure you don't use them.

Is there a way to go the Pokemon Screen from the menu, and have the map showing as the background instead of the background that shows on the Pokemon Screen.
    This question has been asked previously, maybe about a month ago (if my poor memory serves). Do a search in this thread for keywords you think should be used, such as "background" and "menu".

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2010
    Heh, first time posting here! Anyway, I'm having trouble with the editor. Whenever I try to start it up I get an error that says "Script 'RTPAndRegistry' line 423 SyntaxError occurred". Anyone know what the problem is? I'd really appreciate any help!

videogamemaster

Ultimate Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2009
    Okay so, whenever my Charmander uses Growl, it doesn't use the graphic that I assigned to the attack Growl! How do I change this?

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
    Pokemon Essentials

Message: undefined method `setBitmap' for #<SpriteWrapper:0x40b33c8>

PokemonEditor:1084:in `refresh'

PokemonEditor:879:in `pbListScreenBlock'

PokemonEditor:874:in `loop'

PokemonEditor:899:in `pbListScreenBlock'

PokemonEditor:2919:in `pbTrainerTypeEditor'

EditorMain:58:in `pbEditorMenu'

EditorMain:58:in `pbFadeOutIn'

EditorMain:26:in `loop'

EditorMain:97:in `pbEditorMenu'

I get this error when I try to run "Trainer Types" in editor.exe.

Klofkac

He's back!
    Years
    Pokemon Essentials

Message: undefined method `setBitmap' for #<SpriteWrapper:0x40b33c8>

PokemonEditor:1084:in `refresh'

PokemonEditor:879:in `pbListScreenBlock'

PokemonEditor:874:in `loop'

PokemonEditor:899:in `pbListScreenBlock'

PokemonEditor:2919:in `pbTrainerTypeEditor'

EditorMain:58:in `pbFadeOutIn'

EditorMain:26:in `loop'

EditorMain:97:in `pbEditorMenu'

I get this error when I try to run "Trainer Types" in editor.exe.

Me too. I read advanced.txt and created new trainers in PBS/xxx.txt

Luke128th

These days shall pass...
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jun 1, 2012
    Now this is interesting... I'm trying out a new system that allows you to let a pokemon follow you. Now I'm using a new script that stores the species number in a variable. I'm also using a series of switches that rely on the species. If the species returns true, then the switch specified(one of 493) turns on. Now I don't know what happened, but everything is set up perfectly, but the switch is not turning on. The variables are reading right, and the scripts are going good, but no switches. What might be the problem?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back