• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atomic Reactor

how can i edit the speed of the running shoes? And the bicycle?

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2013
    how can i edit the speed of the running shoes? And the bicycle?

in the script section "Walk_Run" find:

Code:
    def update
    if !pbMapInterpreterRunning? && 
        !moving? && !@move_route_forcing && $PokemonGlobal
     if $PokemonGlobal.bicycle
      @move_speed = $RPGVX ? [COLOR=Red][COLOR=DarkRed]8 : [/COLOR][COLOR=Lime]5.2[/COLOR][/COLOR]
     elsif pbCanRun?
      @move_speed = $RPGVX ? [COLOR=Red][COLOR=DarkRed]6.5 :[/COLOR] 4.8[/COLOR]
     else
      @move_speed = $RPGVX ? [COLOR=DarkOrange][COLOR=DarkRed]4.5 :[/COLOR] [COLOR=Blue]3.8[/COLOR][/COLOR]
     end
    end
    update_old
    end
    change the green value for bike speed,
    the red value for running speed,
    and the blue value for walking speed
    (brown is the corresponding value for RPG MAKER VX)

Winneon

[b][color=#fb0120]しょう[/color][color=#fc6d24]が[/col
    Years
  • On my game, when I'm playtesting or or playing the real thing, when ever I walk onto a house, it doesn't stop me from moving. I can walk right on top on the house like the house is paper! I want it to be blocked. I used to hack, and it let edit movement permissions there, but in RMXP, it doesn't have anything like movement permissions!:( Please Help!

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
    Years
  • On my game, when I'm playtesting or or playing the real thing, when ever I walk onto a house, it doesn't stop me from moving. I can walk right on top on the house like the house is paper! I want it to be blocked. I used to hack, and it let edit movement permissions there, but in RMXP, it doesn't have anything like movement permissions!:( Please Help!

I used to have this problem when I first started. There is a way to set permission for tiles under the database tab. Go to tileset, and the very first option should be permissions. Just click on the tiles you want to be blocked until the have an X on them, and leave the passable tiles with a O on them.

TheMarkCrafter

roses are red, violets are blue, i used to break r
    Years
  • [Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Where do i move Ghetsis? I need to put him at floor.
    I resized.

Years
  • That would be in the map called "Intro"
    Double click the white square at the top left of the map in the event layer, and move the positions of Picture 2 when it's called.

You'll probably want to set the coordinates at about:

X = 260
    Y = 180

Winneon

Years
  • In RMXP, in the Pokemon mart, whenever I click on the counter to talk to the lady, it won't work. Is this a script or something???

Years
  • You'll need to go into the database (Press F9 in RMXP), and switch to the tab called "Tilesets".

Find the tileset you use, and find the counter tile.
    Then, click the button on the right that says "Counter Flag".
    Now click on the counter tile on your tileset, and make sure the tile has a diamond shape on it.

Save, then testplay your game, it should work!

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2016
    I've got a strange question that i cant seem to find the answer to is there any way to have special sprites for specific shadow pokemon (IE like shadow lugia was a different color in XD gale of darkness)

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Hello, PokeCommunity!

I thought I would make a thread for people to put in their questions and answers about scripting!

To start this tread off, I would like to ask:
    How do you edit the very beginning of the game. I mean when you JUST start the game and it says the copyright stuff and the presents slide and so forth. What script is that and how do I edit it so when it says NEW GAME, I can but a background image behind it?

Hope this tread is useful!:)

-JalordaSerpent7
    The wiki has an interesting page called Game intro.

As for putting a background picture in the Continue/New Game screen, put your picture in the Graphics/Pictures folder and call it loadbg.png.

In RMXP, in the Pokemon mart, whenever I click on the counter to talk to the lady, it won't work. Is this a script or something???
    In the Database (F9), in the Tilesets tab, you can set the passability and priority of tiles. There is also an option called "Counter Flag". This means tiles with this flag behave as desks, and allow the player to "use" those tiles to interact with an event on the other side of it.

In this case, the Mart desk should have the "Counter Flag", and the event behind it is the shopkeeper.

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
    Years
  • Is it possible to make the Trainer have to have a double battle in a cut scene regardless of whether they have two or more Pokémon in their party at the time or not?

Winneon

Years
  • How do you make an animated title screen? The notes.html is useless to me.

Atomic Reactor

So i added a new item to work as an additional evolution stone. I copied the moon stone data in "items" and just added it at the bottom. renamed it. then made it 503 instead of...94 or whatever it was. then i added a graphic for it. but i get an error when i try to pick it up in the game. what else do i have to do to make it work?

TheMarkCrafter

roses are red, violets are blue, i used to break r
    Years
  • That would be in the map called "Intro"
    Double click the white square at the top left of the map in the event layer, and move the positions of Picture 2 when it's called.

You'll probably want to set the coordinates at about:

X = 260
    Y = 180

I know, but i do this for Ghetsis or the Background

Atomic Reactor

@KingSnivy: You can either create a new background that matches up with where Ghetsis is, or you can edit Ghetsis position like CNG said. So change the coordinates of the Ghetsis graphic

Years
  • So i added a new item to work as an additional evolution stone. I copied the moon stone data in "items" and just added it at the bottom. renamed it. then made it 503 instead of...94 or whatever it was. then i added a graphic for it. but i get an error when i try to pick it up in the game. what else do i have to do to make it work?

Go to the Script Section "PokemonDefaultItems", go to line 605:

Code:
    ItemHandlers::UseOnPokemon.copy(:SUNSTONE,:MOONSTONE,:FIRESTONE,
    :THUNDERSTONE,:WATERSTONE,:LEAFSTONE)

Then add your item's internal name to the list, for example

Code:
    ItemHandlers::UseOnPokemon.copy(:SUNSTONE,:MOONSTONE,:FIRESTONE,
    :THUNDERSTONE,:WATERSTONE,:LEAFSTONE,:DARKSTONE)

That *should* be all!

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    Exception: NoMethodError
    Pokegear:97:in `update'
    Pokegear:71:in `main'
    Pokegear:68:in `loop'
    Pokegear:75:in `main'
    PokemonUtilities:669:in `pbLoadRpgxpScene'
    PokemonMenu:151:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'
    PokemonMenu:141:in `loop'
    PokemonMenu:250:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'
    Scene_Map:182:in `call_menu'
    Scene_Map:153:in `update'

Anyone know what this error is about, it comes up when i click PokéGear in the menu, this error has never existed until now!

i cant tell you what version im using because i downloaded it so long ago... this is irritating me so much as im trying to release a demo...

I still haven't found the fix to this, can anyone help me :(

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back