• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Binary

え?
Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    You should know where you saved it and in which name you saved it as.
    It looks like the Lunar IPS icon *.ips* It should be easy...

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2010
    what kind of script would I need for the player to pick up an item from the ground?
    And how do I change the pokemon that's chansing prof birch at the beggining of ruby/saphire?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2022
    Location names wrong language?

I downloaded Advance Map version 1.90 from Whack a Hack. I'm trying to use it to edit a US version of Leaf Green ROM but it's not all in the right language.

When I play the ROM, the locations are in English like they should be. In Advance Map, when I click on "From INI" most of the town names are in some other language. Pallet Town is listed as ALABASTIA.

When I click on "From header" and then open the numbered folders, the names are in displayed correctly.

How do I get the correct names in the "From INI" section?

Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2022
    I need "From INI" in English

I prefer using the INI section because of the way it's grouped together. It's easier than searching for the right place in the numbered sections. That's why I do need it to be in English.

Is there any reason why it isn't in the correct language? Are all the Advance Map version 1.90 like that or did I maybe just get a defective file?

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I prefer using the INI section because of the way it's grouped together. It's easier than searching for the right place in the numbered sections. That's why I do need it to be in English.

Is there any reason why it isn't in the correct language? Are all the Advance Map version 1.90 like that or did I maybe just get a defective file?

Every A-Map is like that...

[HoN] Jereziah

Till DEATH do us part!
    Years
  • Can someone tell me the answer?

When i copied my own hacked pokemon(Long way to finish)into my psp
    It works...
    When i copied a 2nd time(SEMI FINISH)into my psp...
    It CRASHES!!!!! Why?

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2010
    How do I change the pokemon that's chasing prof. birch at the beggining of ruby/saphire?

Last edited:

Reaper 6

(Reaper 6) the six samurai YGO
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2009
    can someone tell me how to fix this problem: At the start my hack
    when my pokemon faints before ive been to the first pokecentre the game crashes how do i fix this?

Hermaniac

Donkey Summoner
    Years
  • Breeding Hacking

I want to create a hack based around breeding, and the only way you can progress is to breed properly. i.e. to get to the next section you need to cut a tree, you must breed a poochyena and a magnamite to get "Steelpooch" which can learn cut.

So what I want to know is:
    - Can you change what pokemon can breed together?
    - Can you change what results of the breeding?
    - Where can I learn how to do this?

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2008
    hey evey on can any one tell me where i can find the sprite of the blue thing u sit on when ur surfing in ruby

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
  • i'm making a simple hack of pokemon gold to get to grips with editing it before i try something proper.
    im using Pokémon Gold Sprite Editor v1.0 off the skeetendo site and i need to know how i can change the colours and make them stay changed, i can make the main character blue but it doesnt keep that change when i load the game, can anyone help here?

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2008
    ok so i just started hacking and i can do very simple stuff like maps and editing some pokemon but wat i want to do is; script editing, editing wat people say, change in battle sprites (trainer u battle and ur trainers back veiw) and i think thats it...oh and i also need the programs cus the ones i have dont work really well.....
    ty for any help

edit: also i want to know how to put them into the game using the program and advance map.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    lmg123 said:
    Can someone tell me the answer?

When i copied my own hacked pokemon(Long way to finish)into my psp
    It works...
    When i copied a 2nd time(SEMI FINISH)into my psp...
    It CRASHES!!!!! Why?

Well it sounds like a glitch...

barca said:
    How do I change the pokemon that's chasing prof. birch at the beggining of ruby/saphire?

To change the OW you can use A-Map, but the script is a level script, so you need to change it using A-Map (recently), hex or ASM.

Reaper 6 said:
    can someone tell me how to fix this problem: At the start my hack
    when my pokemon faints before ive been to the first pokecentre the game crashes how do i fix this?

It appears that you have to start your hack from scratch again, sounds like a bad glitch.

Hermaniac said:
    I want to create a hack based around breeding, and the only way you can progress is to breed properly. i.e. to get to the next section you need to cut a tree, you must breed a poochyena and a magnamite to get "Steelpooch" which can learn cut.

So what I want to know is:
    - Can you change what pokemon can breed together?
    - Can you change what results of the breeding?
    - Where can I learn how to do this?

1. You can change what breeding group a Pokemon is under.
    2. No...
    3. I believe there are a few tools that can edit the breeding data, but then again, there is always hex or ASM.

madman.92 said:
    hey evey on can any one tell me where i can find the sprite of the blue thing u sit on when ur surfing in ruby

The Wailmer looking object is one sprite with the trainer, many OW sprite editors should have this sprite. You can also use a tile editing tool.

I WANT DIALGA said:
    how to add a new region to Firered?

If you mean a completely new region from scratch then you would have use ASM to do so.

bigsteve said:
    i'm making a simple hack of pokemon gold to get to grips with editing it before i try something proper.
    im using Pokémon Gold Sprite Editor v1.0 off the skeetendo site and i need to know how i can change the colours and make them stay changed, i can make the main character blue but it doesnt keep that change when i load the game, can anyone help here?

You would have to find the overworld palette using an emulator then find the palette in hex and change it in there.

13roxas13 said:
    ok so i just started hacking and i can do very simple stuff like maps and editing some pokemon but wat i want to do is; script editing, editing wat people say, change in battle sprites (trainer u battle and ur trainers back veiw) and i think thats it...oh and i also need the programs cus the ones i have dont work really well.....
    ty for any help

edit: also i want to know how to put them into the game using the program and advance map.

You can add in more sprites using A-Map, bottom right hand corner. To edit there scripts, use a script editor or hex. Tools can be found in the toolbox.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    Workin on a new hack with my team (so far Scyther X) so im wonderin does anyone kno wea i can get a mime jr front and back sprite.

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2008
    well that kinda doesnt help....like i add sprites to the map and then how do i find them on the script editor cus the only scrip teditor i have is adavnce text?

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
  • well that kinda doesnt help....like i add sprites to the map and then how do i find them on the script editor cus the only scrip teditor i have is adavnce text?
    Well, if you want to change the text of the script, Advance Text is your only choice. If the text is not in Advance Text, then click on the "Search" option, and type in what the text is.

If you want to actually change the script's base, then you should use a scripting tool to "rip" the script, change it, and then insert it back again.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back