• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2009
When i tried to put luigi in the game after i indexed his picture and exported the palletes, the backround shows up and he has a white outline. What do i do?
The picture is in attachment
here
l
l
l
\/

Lucario'sShadow

Master of the ShadowAura
Years
im tryng to make a hack where, in order to complete a pokedex entry, u dont have to capture the pokemon, u only have to meet in battle(wild or trainer)
does any one know how to do this??

Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2009
I read RedYoshi's tutorial, and it sort of told me what to do, but i did'nt understand this:
Originally posted by RedYoshi
You must either edit the pallete with a color you aren't using to black and then use that color again on your outline.

NOTE: You have to use that weird green outline as your background color in order for the background to be transparent.

(sorry for double posting)
I finnalt figured out what it meant (thank god) but when i tried to write it to the rom a message came up saying 'compressed file is: 2CC, Which is too big. Aborting."
I know that when this happens you tick the "auto abort if new file is bigger" button, but wehen i did, it still happens!!!! Now i need help!

Last edited:
Years
thanx...thethe's scripting tutorial was great!
i alsoread irish witch's tut...
but still 1 prob is dere....
i found out how to inset a new person....but the person doesnt deliever the dialogues i hav scripted for him...while the same script works perfectly for others...any advice?
moreover, if i talk to the person i scripted the game seems to hang!!! :(

Years
I finally find the surf sprites in Tile Molester with the help of zel. But I wonder how to change the palette? The current palette is also used by the hero sprites. How can I change it without influence these sprites?

Years
There appears to be a lot of (0202) scattered about the roms (well, FireRed at least). Anyone got any idea what they could represent?

Also, in FireRed, starting at $h456E74, there's a load of pointers linking to the in-battle names of different types (in this order: Normal, Fire, Water, Electr, Grass, Ice, Ground, Rock, Flying, Psychc, Fight, Poison, Bug, Ghost, Dragon, Steel, Dark), with it ending with another text pointer to "Exit". Is this an in-game list or something (like, choose a type or something?)
0202 could be anything. It could be a pointer to the rom, it could be attack data. It could be some stats, it could be anything.
What do you mean by your second question, I don't really understand.

Is there a list of FR/LG specials anywhere?
Here's some. There's a tutorial here at PC with some more. But I don't know if anyone has a complete list.
Code:
special 0x0 - Heal Pokemon
special 0x3C - Acess Bill's PC (FR/LG)
special 0x10F - Restart Game
special 0x110 - Hall of Fame and Credits
special 0x111 - Elevator Animation
special 0x132 - Show Floors
special 0x136 - Earthquake (FR/LG)
special 0x137 - Lava Battle
special 0x156 - Battle with Ghost (FR/LG)
special 0x157 - Get on Bike (FR/LG)
special 0x161 - Start Surfing (FR/LG)
special 0x166 - Nickname 
special 0x16F - Activate National Dex (FR/LG)
special 0x17B - Seagallop Animation
special 0x191 - SS. Anne Leaving

MewtwoMaster1

straight outta cianwood
Years
Uhh, quick question:

I use Vista, and recently I installed Advance Text. I even downloaded the OCX files I needed for it to work, and put them in the folder with Advance Text, and even in the system32 folder, but I get the error message: "Comdlg32.ocx or one of its dependencies not registered. A file is missing or invalid."

So I figured out how to register it in Command Prompt (regsvr32 comdlg32.ocx), but I got yet another error message when trying to register it: "'comdlg32.ocx' was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x8002801c."

Any way to make this work? Or is there another text editor I can use for my Leaf Green ROM?

Years
  • Seen Apr 12, 2010
Uhh, quick question:

I use Vista, and recently I installed Advance Text. I even downloaded the OCX files I needed for it to work, and put them in the folder with Advance Text, and even in the system32 folder, but I get the error message: "Comdlg32.ocx or one of its dependencies not registered. A file is missing or invalid."

So I figured out how to register it in Command Prompt (regsvr32 comdlg32.ocx), but I got yet another error message when trying to register it: "'comdlg32.ocx' was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x8002801c."

Any way to make this work? Or is there another text editor I can use for my Leaf Green ROM?

I am new to Advance text but i found out u dont need "comdlg32.ocx" thing and u can start it without someway.

Script help! :S

i need help, my game freeze when i am talking too one guy i made. I come up a little spot too the right and then it freez there. i need some help

Advance map help!

Hi all! I am new here and i got Advance map for my Fire Red ROM. But i have a problem. When i am going to pallet town(original size and everything)that i have modified some i get trapped. I go from route 1 too pallet, and then i walk into some house and then when i want to go back to route 1 i am trapped and se tilesets and stuff and cant get out. I saw somewhere i need too get the warps right but they are that now. so what should i do now? :S Thanks for help

Cy-Chan

GSC Hacker
Years
0202 could be anything. It could be a pointer to the rom, it could be attack data. It could be some stats, it could be anything.
What do you mean by your second question, I don't really understand.

Ah, I was hoping the 0202s meant something in ASM (like a common command) or something. I see them scattered everywhere (especially before pointers).

There's a pointer table that points to all the different type names (apart from ???), and then points to an EXIT at the end. Seemed like it could be something, is all. I like finding things.

JackTheRipper

MISSINGNO. IS WATCHING YOU...
Years
Hello.
I've been searching endlessly for this.
MY ROM GOES TO A RED SCREEN WHEN I STEP OUT OF MY HOUSE.
Does anyone know why?????
I don't understand.......
Please someone help me!

Cy-Chan

GSC Hacker
Years
Hm, where are the attack effects located? Not the attack statistics (type, power and all that), but the actual effects?

Also, is there a pointer table for the animations? And if so, where is that located?

The game in question is FireRed.

Years
Ah, I was hoping the 0202s meant something in ASM (like a common command) or something. I see them scattered everywhere (especially before pointers).

There's a pointer table that points to all the different type names (apart from ???), and then points to an EXIT at the end. Seemed like it could be something, is all. I like finding things.

They could be part of ASM routine. In thumb, 0202 is lsl r2, r0, #08. But I doubt they would all be from ASM routines. Maybe one or two. But it could just be part of the pointer that points to where the Pokemon's data is stored in the ram, which is somewhere around 020242C0. Somewhere around there.

And because it says exit, it's probably just the text from the help menu. The names of the types appear a few times in the rom. You could just use a text search to easily find them all.
And ??? is a type. Remember the attack curse?

Hm, where are the attack effects located? Not the attack statistics (type, power and all that), but the actual effects?

Also, is there a pointer table for the animations? And if so, where is that located?

The game in question is FireRed.
I've got some information on what I've figured out about the attack animation's pointer table written somewhere but I can't be bothered looking for it.
There is a pointer table in the rom. It's the most jumbled un-organised thing I've seen in the Fire Red rom. The attacks aren't listed in any order and they seem to be all over the place. It's annoying to try and repoint anything from it.
If you really wanted to find the table, open Unlz. Load up an attack animation. Get the pointer and search for the pointer in your hex editor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back