• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megiddo-san

Barium - Summer '12 Return?
Years
  • I have a pokemon evolution problem. When I try to evolve a tentacool/garuribi into a tentacruel/garuran, the game freezes with a black screen and the music still playing. Anyone know how to fix this?

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Is there a tool I can use to edit the evolutions in Pokemon G/S/C?
    No, but you can edit them in hex. 0429B3 starts Bulbasaur's evolution data. After that is Bulbasaur's learned move data, then Ivysaur's evo, then Ivysaur's moves, and so on.

Cy-Chan

GSC Hacker
    Years
  • Grah. I resized a sprite from DP and inserted it, but the shiny pallete is screwed up with the front, and the non-shiny one is screwed up with the back. How do I fix this?

Also, how do I make the background transparent?

Last edited:

RedOneH28

RED
    Years
  • I notice a lot of people when they map have multiple types of buildings. How is this possible when you can only have 2 Tilesets and in FR/LG T0 is the basic one and only has 1 building (the blue 1 floor one)?

I thought maybe they just used a different tileset but thats not possible because i see maybe 2 or 3 buildings on a regular basis...

Anyone know the answer to this question?

Melash

Back for now.
    Years
  • 1. Okay, whenever I try to start Cyclone or AGPIX, I get this message:
    System Error &H80070485 (-2147023739). One of the library files needed to run this application cannot be found.
    I am using a Windows 98.
    However, whenver I run it on Vista, it works! Whenever I start AGPIX on Vista, is says, MSCOMCT2.OCX is missing. But it's in the folder!
    2. What is the best (or one of the best) tile editor for 3rd Gen games? I would just like a download link!

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Grah. I resized a sprite from DP and inserted it, but the shiny pallete is screwed up with the front, and the non-shiny one is screwed up with the back. How do I fix this?

Also, how do I make the background transparent?

I sent a tutorial about this last night. hopefully, it'll be up soon.
    anyways, the first pallete on the left shold be the one which is transparent. you can edit it with Irfanview.
    for now, refer to RedYoshi's Indexing Sprite tutorial. :\

Anyone know the answer to this question?

maybe they inserted tiles to existing ones to have more buildings.

JackTheRipper

MISSINGNO. IS WATCHING YOU...
    Years
  • Hello.
    You know how Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Fire Red, and Leaf Green are supposed to have 25 empty Pokemon slots?
    Well I'm probably just being stupid or the answer is right in front of my face but I'm obviously blind so could someone help me?
    I open up unLZ-GBA and open my ROM and I go in between Celebi's back sprite and Treecko's front sprite and there is only 2 empty ones. Only two question mark sprites. The green and white looking ones. Am I missing something? Don't tell me I need to start all over again for the 3rd time! =[

AND ANOTHER THING THAT IS MAKING ME SO FREAKING ANGRY....
    THIS DUMB PROGRAM "UNLZ-GBA" WON'T LET ME IMPORT ANY POKEMON IMAGES AT ALL! I CLICK IMPORT, CLICK MY FRONT SPRITE OF A POKEMON I MADE, CLICK OPEN, THEN I CLICK WRITE TO ROM, ENTER 2 OFFSETS THAT ARE BLANK, AND I THEN PRESS NEXT AND TRY TO ENTER MY BACK SPRITE FOR IT AND WHEN I'M DONE WITH THE BACK SPRITE I GO TO PREVIOUS AND MY FRONT SPRITE IS NO LONGER THERE SO THEN I GO TO NEXT AND IT DISAPPEARED AS WELL.
    WHAT THE HECK AM I DOING WRONG.
    THIS CRAP IS SO CONFUSING!
    WHY CAN'T PEOPLE JUST HELP YOU!
    I HATE THIS.....

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2008
    Alright, very nooby question here. I'm designing my map using A-Map, and no matter what I try, I just can't seem to get my dungeon entrance (from inside. The opening with the glowing light spilling out) to work as a doorway. I've tried everything from warps to actual map connections, and it just doesn't seem to work. If anyone could help that would be great.

Also the ROM is FR if anyone needs to know.

KhaosKnight

The 1 and only Khaotic Hacker
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2015
    Alright, very nooby question here. I'm designing my map using A-Map, and no matter what I try, I just can't seem to get my dungeon entrance (from inside. The opening with the glowing light spilling out) to work as a doorway. I've tried everything from warps to actual map connections, and it just doesn't seem to work. If anyone could help that would be great.

Also the ROM is FR if anyone needs to know.

Ok look for another map that was already in the game that uses that entrance/exit. There should be i tile in front of that glowy part taht is different that the others, use that tile in your map.

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2008
    ohhh. You know, I thought there may be something like that, but I wasn't entirely sure. Thanks =D

alo

Years
  • Is there a way to add more free space to rom? I was thinking about a hex editor and adding many 00s or FFs at the end of file but I've got no idea if that would work.

Kaylene

Hmm.
    Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2023
    I've got two quick little questions about tile editing.

First of all, I know how to edit my tiles and insert them using Paint and Advance Map, but I want to put in the tiles of a tree with snow on top. I'm not sure how to do this as there is no white in the greenery palette, and no green in any palettes that have white. Anybody know how I would do this?

Secondly, I would like to know how I could make a tileset specific to one area. Say I modified the tiles in one town so that it would be snowy. But when I do this, any other places that use the same tiles are snowified now too. How could I remedy this?

ℜªℳ

RAM Corporation |\/| ][ |\/|
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    You would have to put the snowtiles in tileset 2 of your block editor and use the block editor to be able to use to different colors for the tree tiles. You can understand this when you check.

-I need some help. Lately I've been trying to hack gold and it has a lot of the problems in the ROM that we had in the catridge. That's not important now but we really need a ROM expander. Does anyone know if its possible to expand the Gold or Crystal ROM and or how to do it? I am willing to do my own research using docs and tuts on other sites to get it done. But I myself never heard of anyone accomplishing this before.

-Also, since a ROM always has the same amount of MB before its hacked and tilesets, OWs, titlescreen etc. are changed to almost all that we like does graphic changing have any effect on the total MB of the rom? Say for instance that I DO replace FR graphics with non- 3d(its actually camera movements and overlapping frames) DP graphics, will my ROM's MB go from say 4 (just saying) MB to 4.8 or whatnot?

Last edited:
    Years
  • Spoiler:

I'm using XSE, and whenver I recieve the PKMN, there is no text, and you can take the pokemon over and over again. How do I fix this?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back