• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Hello.
I've been searching endlessly for this.
MY ROM GOES TO A RED SCREEN WHEN I STEP OUT OF MY HOUSE.
Does anyone know why?????
I don't understand.......
Please someone help me!
Its either a level script, a person set to Hidden in their Movement Type or your map is corrupted, theres probably some other reasons but those are the ones I've encountered.

Advance map help!

Hi all! I am new here and i got Advance map for my Fire Red ROM. But i have a problem. When i am going to pallet town(original size and everything)that i have modified some i get trapped. I go from route 1 too pallet, and then i walk into some house and then when i want to go back to route 1 i am trapped and se tilesets and stuff and cant get out. I saw somewhere i need too get the warps right but they are that now. so what should i do now? :S Thanks for help
You need to fix the connections if pallet town has an offset of 1 then Route 1 must have an offset of -1.

Uhh, quick question:

I use Vista, and recently I installed Advance Text. I even downloaded the OCX files I needed for it to work, and put them in the folder with Advance Text, and even in the system32 folder, but I get the error message: "Comdlg32.ocx or one of its dependencies not registered. A file is missing or invalid."

So I figured out how to register it in Command Prompt (regsvr32 comdlg32.ocx), but I got yet another error message when trying to register it: "'comdlg32.ocx' was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x8002801c."

Any way to make this work? Or is there another text editor I can use for my Leaf Green ROM?
You could use a hex editor.

Is it possible to change the chance of encountering a shiny pokemon?
I suppose so, but you'll have to figure it out yourself.

I finally find the surf sprites in Tile Molester with the help of zel. But I wonder how to change the palette? The current palette is also used by the hero sprites. How can I change it without influence these sprites?
It probably uses the same pallete if you want to check goto Tools->Pallete Viewer in VBA and search for the colours in the top row under sprites.

thanx...thethe's scripting tutorial was great!
i alsoread irish witch's tut...
but still 1 prob is dere....
i found out how to inset a new person....but the person doesnt deliever the dialogues i hav scripted for him...while the same script works perfectly for others...any advice?
moreover, if i talk to the person i scripted the game seems to hang!!! :(
Post your script in the Script Help Thread.

JackTheRipper

MISSINGNO. IS WATCHING YOU...
Years
Thanks.
But i just erased all of it and now i'm making a ROM hack of FireRed.
But there's a problem....i finally am able to edit Oak's intro like i've been wanting to but i also want to edit the text in that "you are about to embark ...blehbleh" it's a big long thing with a pikachu sprite jumping up and down. you know what i mean?
It just won't show up on Advance Text when i open it....where is it??

SOMEONE FRICKING HELP ME!
I HAVE SEARCHED FOR DAYS FOR THIS AND I JUST FRICKIN CAN'T FIND IT!
SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO EDIT THE "TITLE" ON THE TITLE SCREEN! I HAVE THE PICTURE I JUST WANT THE EFFING WORDS TO BE DIFFERENT!
I HAVE A PICTURE THAT I MADE AND I DON'T KNOW HOW TO PUT IT IN THE GAME!
PLEASE SOMEONE FREAKING HELP ME OUT OR I'M GOING TO JUST SHOOT MYSELF!
>:@

Last edited:
Years
can i put an emerald sprite, say of wallace or steve on fire red hack..?
i tried to export it from emerald and then import in fire red...but was unablt to get it,....
also sprites in fire red appear so dull and blurred that i m unable to recognize when the trainer sprite is shown!!!
anyone help!!!

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Thanks.
But i just erased all of it and now i'm making a ROM hack of FireRed.
But there's a problem....i finally am able to edit Oak's intro like i've been wanting to but i also want to edit the text in that "you are about to embark ...blehbleh" it's a big long thing with a pikachu sprite jumping up and down. you know what i mean?
It just won't show up on Advance Text when i open it....where is it??

SOMEONE FRICKING HELP ME!
I HAVE SEARCHED FOR DAYS FOR THIS AND I JUST FRICKIN CAN'T FIND IT!
SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO EDIT THE "TITLE" ON THE TITLE SCREEN! I HAVE THE PICTURE I JUST WANT THE EFFING WORDS TO BE DIFFERENT!
I HAVE A PICTURE THAT I MADE AND I DON'T KNOW HOW TO PUT IT IN THE GAME!
PLEASE SOMEONE FREAKING HELP ME OUT OR I'M GOING TO JUST SHOOT MYSELF!
>:@
You can't ask questions in this manner, people aren't obligated to answer and writing the above certainly dosn't help. Hacking can get frustrating at times, believe me I know, but you can't let it get to you like this. When you hit a problem that you can't fix just take a break, do something else while you wait for it to be answered.

You must search for exactly what you want, that means perfect caps. Just copy and paste this into the search: "In the world which you are about". That will give you what you want.

You have to search for the text in UNLZ, it is around 2009. You must be in 256 Colour mode.

can i put an emerald sprite, say of wallace or steve on fire red hack..?
i tried to export it from emerald and then import in fire red...but was unablt to get it,....
also sprites in fire red appear so dull and blurred that i m unable to recognize when the trainer sprite is shown!!!
anyone help!!!
Yes you can. What did you do exactly? How did you expect people to answer that question? Try using this tutorial. Sprites in FR appear dull and blurred? Sounds like its something wrong with your computer or emulator.

JackTheRipper

MISSINGNO. IS WATCHING YOU...
Years
hehe...

Thanks man.
I know, it is very frustrating and i have the temper of a 5-year-old..
But i figured out the title screen last night so it's all good now. :D
I changed the "Pokemon" logo also. It's now a different word but i don't want to spoil it or tell anyone yet, as it's not that developed yet.
Thanks for your help, but i still can't find that intro text...
=[

Years
  • Seen Dec 8, 2009
Can I change and modify cries of pokemon? If it's possible, does anyone have magnezone cry?

RedOneH28

RED
Years
I notice a lot of people when they map have multiple types of buildings. How is this possible when you can only have 2 Tilesets and in FR/LG T0 is the basic one and only has 1 building (the blue 1 floor one)?

I thought maybe they just used a different tileset but thats not possible because i see maybe 2 or 3 buildings on a regular basis...

Years
Pokemon Events

i'm new to rom hacking and don't know how to script. I have searched this site for a way to set up my own events with pokemon like entei and rayquaza in fire red but have not found a guide I can use. can someone tell me a simple way to do this please as i can't figure it out myself.

I forgot to say I use advance map

Last edited:

Melash

Back for now.
Years
All right, two quick questions:
1. Can I have a link to the best tile editing program for 3rd Gen?
2. How can I change the tile properties in GS? For instance, what if I wanted to make it possible to walk through all trees, or just one certain tree? Can I do this in GoldMap? (Probably not!)

Years
In my hack, Pokemon: Gary Edition, Pikachu looks all messed up in oak's intro:
messeduppikaqa7.png

Any way to fix it?
I don't know how I made that happen.

Also, does anyone have the link to Pokescript 1.0? 1.2 won't work for me... it keeps saying I'm typing invalid commands...

Last edited:
Years
can someone help me with this script
Code:
#org 0x1624F5
special 0x187
compare LASTRESULT 0x2
if 0x1 goto 0x81A7AE0
special 0x188
lock
faceplayer
checksound
cry 0x96 0x2
msgbox2 0x8177F9F '"Mew!"
waitmsgbox
waitcry
pause 0x14
playsong 0x156 0x0
waitkeypress
startwildbattle [COLOR=Red]0x96 0x46 0x0[/COLOR]
setflag 0x807
special 0x138
waitstate
clearflag 0x807
special2 LASTRESULT 0xB4
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto 0x8162558
compare LASTRESULT 0x4
if 0x1 goto 0x8162561
compare LASTRESULT 0x5
if 0x1 goto 0x8162561
setflag 0x2BC
release
end

'-----------------------
#org 0x1A7AE0
release
end

'-----------------------
#org 0x162558
setflag 0x2BC
goto 0x81A922D
end

'-----------------------
#org 0x162561
setvar 0x8004 0x96
goto 0x81A9236
end

'-----------------------
#org 0x1A922D
fadescreen 0x1
hidesprite LASTTALKED
fadescreen 0x0
release
end

'-----------------------
#org 0x1A9236
fadescreen 0x1
hidesprite LASTTALKED
fadescreen 0x0
bufferpokemon 0x0 0x8004
msgbox 0x81A63C4 '"The [buffer1] flew away!"
callstd 0x4
release
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x177F9F
= Mew!

#org 0x1A63C4
= The [buffer1] flew away!

I want to change the highlighted area so as i can put any pokemon with any level in the space of a mewtwo

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
can someone help me with this script

I want to change the highlighted area so as i can put any pokemon with any level in the space of a mewtwo

refer to the script workshop in the scrapbox.

can anyone show me how to make 3 on 3 battle
i realy need it for my hack but i don't know how to make it or you can put him
in my profile
thanks!!!

I don't think a 3 on 3 battle is possible... :\
but if it is, maybe you can do so with hex, or ASM, probably... :\

Ryousha

Waiting for Gen 4 Remakes
Years
In my hack, Pokemon: Gary Edition, Pikachu looks all messed up in oak's intro:
messeduppikaqa7.png

Any way to fix it?
I don't know how I made that happen.

Also, does anyone have the link to Pokescript 1.0? 1.2 won't work for me... it keeps saying I'm typing invalid commands...

hm your thing is broken cause you probably erased the offset with a-map, or some tool.

try using a new rom.

Cy-Chan

GSC Hacker
Years
nickrosso said:
Enter script here
96 is hex. In decimal it's 150, Mewtwo's number. Just replace it with the Pokémon number you want. For the level (0x46, or 70), and the item (0x00... nothing), it's the same thing.

Hm, does anyone know where the actual effect is for items (such as Dragon's Fang or Leftovers)?

There's a load of pointers to the item list at $9A8D8 (in Fire Red), which load the different values (ID, description, price, etc... etc...), and some code below them, which upon overwriting broke the Mart. Could the item effects be around here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back