• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
Not that...
I mean create a new palette space WITHOUT overwriting the default ones.
Oh.
Well there's a tutorial for that in the Documents and Tutorials section, you know. You'll need to do some hex-editing :\
By the way, my problem is no longer an issue. I just grabbed one of my backups and redid everything, and it worked fine.

Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2010
Changing Oak Intro Sprite

I have managed to change it to my custom sprite but it turned out black and white but i did insert the image with colors. what should i do?

arpeejajo

King Of Muay Thai
Years
Hey everyone, I need help with inserting sprites into a ROM. I'm want to replace the Spearow sprite from Fire Red with a Riolu sprite from Platinum. I resized it to 64x64 and indexed it like the tutorials said but the image in the game doesn't come up right. It looks like this in the game. The image is saved as a .png. I've looked up tutorials and this is as far as I can get with sprite replacement.
n6z70j.jpg

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
Hey everyone, I need help with inserting sprites into a ROM. I'm want to replace the Spearow sprite from Fire Red with a Riolu sprite from Platinum. I resized it to 64x64 and indexed it like the tutorials said but the image in the game doesn't come up right. It looks like this in the game. The image is saved as a .png. I've looked up tutorials and this is as far as I can get with sprite replacement.
n6z70j.jpg
Did you replace the pallete?

Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2010
I am planning to change oak to my custom sprite but when i tried to play the rom, the colors were awful.

need help!? step by step and btw this is the sprite.

thx.!

How do i edit PROFESSOR OAK to GIOVANNI, i tried but the image is messed up.!

Last edited by a moderator:

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 26, 2024
How do i edit PROFESSOR OAK to GIOVANNI, i tried but the image is messed up.!

There should be a tutorial for this. Documents And Tutorials section if your friend (Or use the Search function that PC has), and if nothing is there, use Google.

And more detail would have been nice, to know EXACTLY how it is messed up. If it is pallette (colours), then use APE to change them (I think...), if not find a tutorial.

Years
  • Seen Feb 16, 2013
Advance text help!!

Help!When I open a rom,in AT,the text is like:[&HC9DF][&HDFD5][&HD5ED][&HEDB8] [&HC3B4][&HB4E0][&HE0E0] [&HE8D5][&HD5DF][&HDFD9] [&HEDE3][&HE3E9][&HE9E6] [&HCAC9][&HC9C5][&H3F]é[&HC7C9][&HC9C8] [&HDAE3][&HE3E6] [&HD5FE][&HFEDA][&HDAD9][&HD9EB] [&HE7D9][&HD9D7][&HD7E3][&HE3E2][&HE2D8][&HD8E7][&HE7AD][&H3F
or like this:[&HC9DF][&HDFD5][&HD5ED][&HEDB8] [&HC3B4][&HB4E0][&HE0E0] [&HE8D5][&HD5DF][&HDFD9] [&HEDE3][&HE3E9][&HE9E6] [&HCAC9][&HC9C5][&H3F]é[&HC7C9][&HC9C8] [&HDAE3][&HE3E6] [&HD5FE][&HFEDA][&HDAD9][&HD9EB] [&HE7D9][&HD9D7][&HD7E3][&HE3E2][&HE2D8][&HD8E7][&HE7AD][&H3F
Help!

ElBurrito

[COLOR=#0543a8][FONT="Press Start 2P"]I'm not just
Years
Hack Help

Hey it's me ElBurrito. I'm trying to make a hack using emerald as my base ROM, I have a few questions on making my hack.

QUESTIONS
How do you change the badge and frontier symbol pictures?
How do you edit the title screen?
How do you change the Overworld map?

It would help me a whole lot if i can get answers on how to do these things.

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
i need help with adding more safarii zones in a game, and in the new ones you can battle.

EDIT: also on advance map i put berries as hidden items on signpost, but the only one that works is the first one i grab, why?

Last edited:

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
How do I take out the find a "legendary dog after you beat the E4" feature in the Fr/Lg games. I'm pretty sure it has to do with flags but, could somebody tell me what activates this in the game? And how do I stop it?

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
How do I take out the find a "legendary dog after you beat the E4" feature in the Fr/Lg games. I'm pretty sure it has to do with flags but, could somebody tell me what activates this in the game? And how do I stop it?

As far as I know nobody knows exactly how it's done in game. It might be set via one of the specials that is called after you beat them, though it will be annoying to work out.

Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2014
I try to make a warp between a cave's outside and inside but it doesn't work!
I just put the correct map,mapbank etc... and for unknown 03 for both of them but it doesn't work!

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
i keep making this map on different firered roms , but it always goes to the title page right before you get to the stairs on the top hill, i am just going to atatch the map, it is a map of veridian, and can someone answer my other questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back