• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2010
any step by step procedure to solve this kind of problem? anyone? thanks in advance?

*FILE IN ATTACHMENT*

Years
I try to make a warp between a cave's outside and inside but it doesn't work!
I just put the correct map,mapbank etc... and for unknown 03 for both of them but it doesn't work!

You need to add a special tile in front of the cave's entrance and exit. When looking inside Mt. Moon, you can see, if you hover over the tile where the warp is (which is not on the tile that's in the wall, it's in front of it), that it is Block No. 0287 (see fig. 1), whilst the rest of the ground of the cave is Block No. 0281. That's because 0287 has a different behaviour byte, 65, which shows the "V" arrow that appears when you step on it. It also allows warping on it.

Open Spoiler for Fig. 1
Spoiler:

Outside of Mt. Moon, the ground tile below the door isn't different, as the warping tile is the actual door itself, which also has a behaviour byte which doesn't show an arrow, but still allows warping.

Hopefully that helps.

i keep making this map on different firered roms , but it always goes to the title page right before you get to the stairs on the top hill, i am just going to atatch the map, it is a map of veridian, and can someone answer my other questions?

Could we see the movement permissions you've done?
Iirc, some movement permissions screw up if they're on a wrong tile or something like that.

Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2011
Hi everyone,

I Search a trainer modifier programm to edit the trainer´s Pokemon für Pokemon Platin Edition (German version of Platinum). I Can´t find any programm. Do you know a good Programm? Thanks for helping.

Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
how do you edit (NOT the overworld one) the trainer sprite in Gold? (if someone says AGIXP, then no)

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
how do you make exta safari zones, that you can battle in?

i made signpost items, but when i grab 1 it doesn't let me pick up the others, help?

as for the map earlier it is 0 on steps ,c on ground, 1 on buildings and mountains (not top, just sides) the reason i'm posting
it like this is because it doesn't let me take movement pics.

EDIT: how do you make certain UKNOWN apear in different areas?

Last edited:

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
how do you make exta safari zones, that you can battle in?

i made signpost items, but when i grab 1 it doesn't let me pick up the others, help?

as for the map earlier it is 0 on steps ,c on ground, 1 on buildings and mountains (not top, just sides) the reason i'm posting
it like this is because it doesn't let me take movement pics.

EDIT: how do you make certain UKNOWN apear in different areas?

You can not battle in the safari zone, only safari battle...

Signpost items are not working because teh all share the same flag number, am I right?

Normally, UNONWN (Not UKNOWN, lol) are created via their personality value, but I think the ones in the Sevii islands are made via level script or ASM... thing is, I dunno that for sure since I have to check...
Lemme open A-Map here... (A-Map takes FOREVER for me to open since my PC sucks so much butt...)
Nope, not a level script, it must have to do with some ASM in the header...
Sorry, no idea how to change it.

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
i'm trying to replace Jirachi's sprite with this sprite, but it says it isn't indext, help?

sdn28n.png

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
i just did it and it the way explained on the tutorial, and still didn't work.

Vyro

Master Douchelord
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2014
I'm thinking of getting back into hacking, But I have no idea what rom to use? Which rom is better?

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
Years
I'm thinking of getting back into hacking, But I have no idea what rom to use? Which rom is better?
It's up to you, really. If you only rely on tools it's easier to hack ruby or fire red, as most people do. You can manage Emerald, too, but it's going to be harder.
Now, between Ruby and Fired Red, it's a matter of taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back