• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iacobus

sǝɯɐɾ
Years
I replaced hooh and celebi with regigigas and shaymin with unlz gba, but when they came into battle they were flying. how do i fix it?
Wichu's Advanced Sprite Position Editor will be able to change that.
Next time, use the search function before posting in this thread.

Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2010
Battle 3 vs 3 LG ROM Help

Hello, I want to do in his battle hack 3 on 3, in principle code is already there and battle 3 on 3 it works, but there is one problem the experience gained in the battle Pokemon is not preserved, help solve this problem

Code:
special 0x27
special 0x29
fadescreen 0x1
special 0xF8
trainerbattle 0x1 0x5 0x0 0x8500697 0x8500352 0x890042F
end

'---------------
#org 0x90042F
special 0x28
releaseall
end

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2018
I have a 2 question. 1. Would I need ASM to make question 2 able to work? 2. How would I make it so that the hero sprite can change to a to a different sprite in the game using script?

Iacobus

sǝɯɐɾ
Years
I have a 2 question. 1. Would I need ASM to make question 2 able to work? 2. How would I make it so that the hero sprite can change to a to a different sprite in the game using script?
This is not the place to ask this. I'll answer your question anyway, since you'll probably come back here for your answer.
If you browsed the forums a little more you would've found JPAN's other thread, in the Toolbox forum. Pokémon Fire Red Hacked Engine (by JPAN) includes a hack/function that lets you do precisely what you want. Go take a look and say thanks.
By the way; next time try to post in the right thread (Simple Questions) after you've browsed the forums!

marinationstation

Brock loves Ash
Years
Pokeball In Wrong Spot

I'm hacking (attempting to) Fire Red. I mapped out Pallet Town using Advanced Map. Here's my problem:

I put a "person" on the map, its actually a pokeball. I used a script on the pokeball for "giveitem". However, when I play the ROM in VBA, the pokeball is not where I placed it in Advanced Map.

What should I do?

Thanks in advance.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
I'm hacking (attempting to) Fire Red. I mapped out Pallet Town using Advanced Map. Here's my problem:

I put a "person" on the map, its actually a pokeball. I used a script on the pokeball for "giveitem". However, when I play the ROM in VBA, the pokeball is not where I placed it in Advanced Map.

What should I do?

Thanks in advance.

I can't be say for sure but if I had to take a stab at it, I'd say that you overwrote the girl in Pallet Town with the pokéball. If you play through a clean Fire Red ROM, you'll notice that the girl change positions depending on certain in-game conditions (e.g., sometimes she's walking around, sometimes she's by the northern exit, sometimes she's next to that signpost). If you create a brand new person event, the pokéball should work fine.

marinationstation

Brock loves Ash
Years
Ok, i'll try that when i get home from school. Shhhh, comp. engineering class!

I have a couple other questions about ROM hacking, i'm not sure where i should ask them though. Should i post them in a thread or pm a member?

Last edited:

raupy

A Visual Basic programmer
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 14, 2011
Soul Silver texthacking

Hi,

I would like to hack the text in soul silver. I've got 15 files extracted. But I haven't got a tablefile. How I hack the Text?

Azrael Infinity

Pokemon Spriting Master!
Years
My Pokemon RUBY hack

I ma currently working on a RUBY hack, called Pokemon Nightfall, it's two partner games are Pokemon Daybreak, and Pokemon Twilight.

I have been working ont hem for a very long time.

i believe the project started in 06, but i stopped working on them because it was friggin hard!

anyway, I am trying to insert a custom title screen, but every time i do, it looks all glitchy and such.

i am using unLZ

will anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong?

or a link to a tutorial?

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
I just have one simple question to ask: What is the offset number for the Fire Red Logo on the front of the ROM? You know, for APE.

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
each time I try to add a trainer radius to a trainer on a-map, when I walk up to them, they say an endless line of qaF, qaF, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back