• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

XCHAMPX

Nazi 4 life!
Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2010
Whats the differance between pokemon crystal and pokemon crystal glass? sorry if this has been asked b4 but there is alooooot of post to search thru.

Muffin™

Knows your age
Years
Whats the differance between pokemon crystal and pokemon crystal glass? sorry if this has been asked b4 but there is alooooot of post to search thru.

This "Pokemon Crystal Glass" is what you would call a "hack". A hack is simply when someone takes a ROM and uses tools to change maps, scripts, events etc. Pokemon Crystal is an official game from Gamefreak and Nintendo. Pokemon Crystal Glass is non-official. (This means that Gamefreak and Nintendo didn't make it)

EDIT: Does anyone know how to remove the girl feature? (It goes with the storyline better. And I'm not SEXIST.)

Can anybody help me with A-Text? I want to edit what Prof. Oak is saying. It's just that it gets that "missing dll" thing when you "run" it. I downloaded comdlg32.ocx and comclt32.ocx to system32 and it STILL doesn't let me play around with A-Text. (And yes, I searched it in "run") ANY HELP!?!

Last edited:

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
EDIT: Does anyone know how to remove the girl feature? (It goes with the storyline better. And I'm not SEXIST.)

Can anybody help me with A-Text? I want to edit what Prof. Oak is saying. It's just that it gets that "missing dll" thing when you "run" it. I downloaded comdlg32.ocx and comclt32.ocx to system32 and it STILL doesn't let me play around with A-Text. (And yes, I searched it in "run") ANY HELP!?!

Removing the girl feature requires ASM hacking.
As for A-Text, try putting the required files in the A-Text folder. If it still doesn't work, you might always consider using a hex editor which support tables, considering A-Text is a bit buggy.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
How do you disassemble ASM routines?

For instance, if I wanted to edit the wild Ralts that appears during the Wally event in R/S/E, how do I know where the routine that controls the Wild Pokemon event is located?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
How do you disassemble ASM routines?

For instance, if I wanted to edit the wild Ralts that appears during the Wally event in R/S/E, how do I know where the routine that controls the Wild Pokemon event is located?

That's called "debugging", I guess. Anyway, first of all you should check the scripts and find the special that executes the Wally event. Then, you should find the special's routine, and study it.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
That's called "debugging", I guess. Anyway, first of all you should check the scripts and find the special that executes the Wally event. Then, you should find the special's routine, and study it.
That's what I was trying to ask.

Basically, the special in Emerald is 0xA0, but how am I supposed to find the special's routine?

Giga Universe

Working on a tool.
Years
When placing trees to be cut, you must assign them a person ID correct?
What ID's are usuable?

0012 and up. Just make sure that trees on the same map don't share a number. Looking at Nintendo maps though, the highest I've seen is 0016, and they all start with 0012. I don't think it will be a problem is you use above 0016 though, just It might be a problem if you double them up on the same map - never tried this though.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Basically, the special in Emerald is 0xA0, but how am I supposed to find the special's routine?

For example, by putting a breakpoint on read on the address of the special's value inside the script, and analyzing what happens next.

0012 and up. Just make sure that trees on the same map don't share a number. Looking at Nintendo maps though, the highest I've seen is 0016, and they all start with 0012. I don't think it will be a problem is you use above 0016 though, just It might be a problem if you double them up on the same map - never tried this though.

If some trees would share the same ID (which is a flag, BTW), upon cutting one, all the others with the same ID should disappear as well. Which is obviously not what you want.

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
Hello.

I have a question and I do hope someone has the answer. On firered during the battle through the E4 there is a little seqence that shows you and the trainer your battling on the screen. What triggers that a special? And if so what special is it because I'd like to use it for my hack.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Well I lost internets (AGAIN)! But while I'm at my aunt's I thought I'd ask a quick question. What activates the mixing records thingy? A badge, a script? What do you have to do to get access to the mixing records room. If I can enable it from the start of the game, my demo will be closer to completion!

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Hello.

I have a question and I do hope someone has the answer. On firered during the battle through the E4 there is a little seqence that shows you and the trainer your battling on the screen. What triggers that a special? And if so what special is it because I'd like to use it for my hack.

Did you actually try decompiling the scripts there?

Well I lost internets (AGAIN)! But while I'm at my aunt's I thought I'd ask a quick question. What activates the mixing records thingy? A badge, a script? What do you have to do to get access to the mixing records room. If I can enable it from the start of the game, my demo will be closer to completion!

It depends what mixing records thingy are you referring to exactly.

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
Yeah I have but there are alot of specials. I'm no beginner here so I know how to check and look at scripts, that's why I'm asking because there were alot of specials. I bet that I might have to make a battle like the E4 battle huh?

Please there has to be an alternative...isn't there?

EDIT:I bet I have to do trainerbattle 0x3 right?

Last edited:

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Yeah I have but there are alot of specials. I'm no beginner here so I know how to check and look at scripts, that's why I'm asking because there were alot of specials. I bet that I might have to make a battle like the E4 battle huh?

Please there has to be an alternative...isn't there?

EDIT:I bet I have to do trainerbattle 0x3 right?

Well, well... even if there are a lot of specials, you can still make a little script and try them one by one.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
It depends what mixing records thingy are you referring to exactly.

In the 2nd floor of the Pokemon Center, there are three multiplayer related rooms. Trading, battling, and mixing records. I don't know about trading and battling but the mixing records room isn't avalaible at the start of the game. I want to know what enables it so I can make it avaliable at the beginning.

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
I've tried and neither of them uses that little thing that flashes across the screen....

I thought that even you knew how to do it HackMew...

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
I've tried and neither of them uses that little thing that flashes across the screen....

I thought that even you knew how to do it HackMew...

Well, I do know. I just don't remember the exact values etc. right now. I'll edit this post later with more info. Stay tuned.

In the 2nd floor of the Pokemon Center, there are three multiplayer related rooms. Trading, battling, and mixing records. I don't know about trading and battling but the mixing records room isn't avalaible at the start of the game. I want to know what enables it so I can make it avaliable at the beginning.

Okay. Did you decompile the script there? I guess it might even be a simple flag check.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back