• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    Okay and thanks a lot. Hopefully I don't have to make a Elite Four type of script or it'll take forever...

From what I remember, though, the animation only allowed some predefined picture to be displayed.

HackChu

I need a haircut...
    Years
  • From what I remember, though, the animation only allowed some predefined picture to be displayed.
    So in other words it would show for example if I were to use the one Lorelei had it would show her on the animation instead of the person im fighting?

If that's the case I wonder how Zel or LaZ changed it on their roms...

Oh sorry for all thses questions I just wanted to use that on a rival battle of mine...

Amabane~*

Hard Boiled Shinigami
    Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2022
    I have two questions (already searched, and without results here):

1. Would be possible replace one of the battle window commands (like "BAG") for another one? I mean, like...replace "BAG" for a move, like Tackle or Pursuit, usable for all pokemons, like the other commands of the list?

2. Would be possible to add a one-turn delay to swap pokémons after a normal swap, like some kind of delay?

Thanks in advance!

HackChu

I need a haircut...
    Years
  • I have two questions (already searched, and without results here):

1. Would be possible replace one of the battle window commands (like "BAG") for another one? I mean, like...replace "BAG" for a move, like Tackle or Pursuit, usable for all pokemons, like the other commands of the list?

2. Would be possible to add a one-turn delay to swap pokémons after a normal swap, like some kind of delay?

Thanks in advance!
    All of what your speaking requires ASM. But of course it's all possible IF you are quite skilled at ASM.

558122_DG

Learning how to make mistakes
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2021
    I've got a question :D
    Is it possible to "force" the player to use a certian item?
    For example lets say he/she recieves a repel to get to someones house (with grass interviening) and I want the person to use the repel inorder to get past that area, BUT i also want it so that when the repel runs out they encouter pokemon.

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
    Years
  • I've got a question :D
    For example lets say he/she recieves a repel to get to someones house (with grass interviening) and I want the person to use the repel inorder to get past that area, BUT i also want it so that when the repel runs out they encouter pokemon.

Just have an event that prevents them from going forward, unless they don't have a repel, which would use the checkitem command in XSE.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
    Years
  • can any one tell me how i can change pokemon ruby font please

How many times must people tell you to use tile molester?

1p813q.png

Years
  • Hey people ! :)

I am just wondering a few things for my hack i am working on !.

I dont love the Trees in FR Hack i am working on and i am wondering how to insert like DP Houses and Trees and Grass and stuff into AdvanceMap.

I have tried many times but i havent yet managed to it right without screwing up the rom used by doing a backup each time .

Anyway i am just wondering how i should get DP Trees and Such into a FR rom with Advancemap or any other program just tell me and i will learn it in no time!.

I am using tilesets i found on the forum on ww. serebii forums . com /showthread.php?t=30922 0 <--- Put the URL together. or just search DP Tileset on google and first page you see it.

Would be awesome to use the house and all for my hack :)

I also wonder how to use sappy on my Windows 7 Ultimate Version. As i tried to get sappy to work i managed to register it and all and start it up but it tells me something is wrong with the .conx file i got + Even on a XP computer i have as a Server "Comp" , I am just wondering how i could get it working ! . But the Problem above is high prio but if you know how just tell me would be awesome :)

Thanks for taking your time to read through this post and if you find a solution to any of my problems please send me an answer and you will get credits for your efforts! .

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
  • Just have an event that prevents them from going forward, unless they don't have a repel, which would use the checkitem command in XSE.

And what do you do if they deposit the repel in a PC? Or what if they use the repel and then walk around until it wears off? Frankly, it's not looking like a very viable option unless you're willing to get your hands dirty.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    I've got a question :D

Let's see if I understood correctly...

1. You get a repel.
    2. You have to go in a place with grass.
    3. The place can only be accessed if you have a repel, or if you accessed it already.
    Is that correct? In that case, there are many possible issues. Like colcolstyles said, one might deposit it. Or simply toss it. What would you do then?
    Eventually, you could make a special, repel-like base item. But that would require some ASM in order to replicate the repel's effects.

Last edited:

558122_DG

Learning how to make mistakes
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2021
    Oh, well I was just curoius :D

But this is a seriious question:
    Everytime I walk on a specific place the entire game decides to restart. Actually it's an entire area :/

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
    Years
  • Okay. Did you decompile the script there? I guess it might even be a simple flag check.

Ehh...I don't even have a script editor nor can I get one 'cause I'm using a DSi for internet. I just edit the map and text to reuse old scripts. I just want to know what makes the mixing records avaliable. If it's a script, I'll move it, if it's a badge, I'll edit the gym. If it's something else, I'll figure it out. That's why I want to know what activates it.

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
    Years
  • OK so an event that changes the weather is easy enough to do as I have learned from reading this thread. However, how is it possible to make a move (with out of battle effects) remove weather conditions? I'd like to make a move that removes weather conditions out if battle similar to what Defog does in D/P/Pt. How can this be done? Can it be done?

HackChu

I need a haircut...
    Years
  • HackMew I've fuguired it out about my question regarding the animation before elite four members.

It has nothing to do with scripting but the animation itself is programmed into the trainer ID. Even if the sprite changes it still shows Lorelei on the animation. I guess it takes ASM to accomplish my feat...is that correct or is there an alternative?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    Oh, well I was just curoius :D

But this is a seriious question:
    Everytime I walk on a specific place the entire game decides to restart. Actually it's an entire area :/

Backups?

Ehh...I don't even have a script editor nor can I get one 'cause I'm using a DSi for internet. I just edit the map and text to reuse old scripts. I just want to know what makes the mixing records avaliable. If it's a script, I'll move it, if it's a badge, I'll edit the gym. If it's something else, I'll figure it out. That's why I want to know what activates it.

I see. Well, the flag is 0x818 anyway.

OK so an event that changes the weather is easy enough to do as I have learned from reading this thread. However, how is it possible to make a move (with out of battle effects) remove weather conditions? I'd like to make a move that removes weather conditions out if battle similar to what Defog does in D/P/Pt. How can this be done? Can it be done?

I'm pretty confident that would require ASM hacking.

HackMew I've fuguired it out about my question regarding the animation before elite four members.

It has nothing to do with scripting but the animation itself is programmed into the trainer ID. Even if the sprite changes it still shows Lorelei on the animation. I guess it takes ASM to accomplish my feat...is that correct or is there an alternative?

Yeah, I knew that already. FYI, I've checked the scripts once again. The specials at the beginning are only used for the Fame Checker stuff indeed.
    Definitely ASM is needed, but I did expect that already.

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2014
    HackMew I've fuguired it out about my question regarding the animation before elite four members.

Did you try to look into Unlz? or maybe Tileed2002,TLP,Tilemolester ? I'm not sure that those are compressed/uncompressed images. But maybe you can try :)

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    Did you try to look into Unlz? or maybe Tileed2002,TLP,Tilemolester ? I'm not sure that those are compressed/uncompressed images. But maybe you can try :)

Sorry, but you misunderstood. The problem is not about changing the sprite itself, rather changing which sprite is displayed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back