• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2021
Then drag the midi and drop it on the mid2gba/agb (i don't remember) executable. And now copy the ROM and open the copy in Sappy. Now, choose the song you want to replace with the new one and click on the Assemble song option.

When I drag midis, I don't see ".S" file there.

BlackDragonite

Austrian Pokémon Expert
Years
I´ve got some problems with N-E-A:
If i load my ROM now, it says Run-time Error ´13´: type mismatch

And:
If I write my own Text with AdvanceText there are still a few words from the original text, but mine is longer than the original one.

Please help this Noob.

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
Open your rom in A-Text, on the side you should see search, search for the part of text you want and then when you have found it, write it to the ini file. After doing that exit the search function and you should see the text you found under one of the options there.

Hmm..I am uncertain where to get one but you could use AdvanceMap to map and make new tiles, Unlz.Gba can do many parts of the graphics eg. Trainer and Pokemon sprites, TLP can edit the overworld sprites and Hex can edit the Trainers Pokemon.

Try StudioPokemon, it is a spanish site I think, but they d have some indexed DP sprites.

You could change the second tileset and remap your room into a pier, then you can edit the warp so you can exit the area, otherwise you would probably either have to script a new one or repoint alot of things using hex.

I translated the page with Google and I don't see where t he sprites are.

Years
  • Seen Jun 19, 2008
i have a question
i want to make a hack with kyledove's romsbase
but that one got so many glitches like wrong tree places and no gyms and all so i wanted to just change the grass tiles and the ground and trees with out applying the rom base
i wanted to change this th this
pokemonruby1oq4.png

pokemonrubypatchedfu2.png

everytime i export that patched graas and import it with the normal ruby i get strange colour
on the patched one it showed good one pallete 2. but on the normal one its showed reallt bad at pallete 2 (and other palletes)
sorry for my english

can anybody help me i get this when i export that patched grass and import it in the normal ruby

this is with treecko's rombase
2zsuwap.jpg

and this when i export that tileset in the normal one
2n9xp90.jpg

its bot pallete two but the colours are different
so how can i change the dark colours in to more light colours like above?

BlackRainbow*

Pokemon Coralo Version ?
Years
can anybody help me i get this when i export that patched grass and import it in the normal ruby

this is with treecko's rombase
2zsuwap.jpg

and this when i export that tileset in the normal one
2n9xp90.jpg

its bot pallete two but the colours are different
so how can i change the dark colours in to more light colours like above?

You have to change the paletts of your rom like treecko did

anybody know if it's possible to change your starting position in leafgreen?
like instead of appearing in your room, i'd like the player to appear in a port (for boat transportation)

Yeah its possible You wil need a program caled SMEA for this. if you don't know where to get this pm me

anybody know if it's possible to change your starting position in leafgreen?
like instead of appearing in your room, i'd like the player to appear in a port (for boat transportation)

Yeah its possible You wil need a program caled SMEA for this. if you don't know where to get this pm me

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Apr 10, 2007
OK for a year now ive been trying to find one program for gold

A program to change the trainers pokemon and lvls , ive found one but it was in german i think , there was a english ini but it only contained 5 trainers , plase i really need help on this.

BlackRainbow*

Pokemon Coralo Version ?
Years

A program to change the trainers pokemon and lvls , ive found one but it was in german i think , there was a english ini but it only contained 5 trainers , plase i really need help on this.

yeah its only german program out for this
english one do not support gold and if you open gold rom you can change only 5 trainers
You will need to use german one or Hex-Editor

The dawn Witch Lucia

WTF YOU STALKER DAWG?!
Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2007
... _-_;

Alright, I has a questions.
1) In all programs downloaded with elitemap, it says "Supported ROM, but <wild pokemon base/pokedex base/etc> is not specified." <-- wtf.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
I´ve got some problems with N-E-A:
If i load my ROM now, it says Run-time Error ´13´: type mismatch

And:
If I write my own Text with AdvanceText there are still a few words from the original text, but mine is longer than the original one.

Please help this Noob.

Check to see if your rom is still not on read-only.

I translated the page with Google and I don't see where t he sprites are.

Did you look over at their sprite section in the whack a hack part of their site, they have DP index sprites.

Ok in hex editor most trainers use this structure: [Level][Pokemon](x the Amount of Pokemon that use this structure)[FF]
Gym Leaders and rivals basically use: [Level][Pokemon][Move1][Move2][Move3][Move4](x the Amount of Pokemon that use this structure)[FF]
Some Pokefans use this structure: [Level][Pokémon][Item](x the Amount of Pokemon that use this structure)[FF]

Mewten1

A Wanna Be Rom Hacker
Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2007
Alright I have searched and I can't find an answer. So Here comes my question.
I have replace pokemon in my hack. I'll use Bulbasuar for my example:
I replaced bulbasaur and changed his pokédex entry. But how do I change his name from Bulbasuar. This is for pokémon Ruby. Thanks I would greatly apprciate the help.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
Mewten1 said:
Alright I have searched and I can't find an answer. So Here comes my question.
I have replace pokemon in my hack. I'll use Bulbasuar for my example:
I replaced bulbasaur and changed his pokédex entry. But how do I change his name from Bulbasuar. This is for pokémon Ruby. Thanks I would greatly apprciate the help.

Use N-E-A_05, it should be able to edit the name of Bulbasaur in it.

zeon9881

Moderater jr.
Years
  • Seen May 17, 2007
hi i was wondering i have a grovile,combuskin,marshtomp in leaf green (my firend breeded em for me ) and their stats are

grovile: combuskin: marshtomp:
hp=47 hp=51 hp:51
att=31 atk=37 atk:37
def=21 sp.atk=35 def:30
sp att=32 sp def=28 sp.stk:24
sp def=29 speed=28 sp def: 31
speed=41 def=28 speed:22

by the way could u please tell me where u found out its average and how..

ps. i used exp share on all(i used mewtwo to fight and let them lvl

GROVILE is lvl 17 combuskin is lvl 17 and marshtomp is lvl 16

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2007
How do i get my recently hand made hack of pokemon to work it only shows a white screen

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
Hyunbin said:
how can i edit a pokemon's data (name, species, height, weight) in frlg roms? o_O

Pokemon names can be changes using N-E-A_05, species, height and weight can all be changed in hex unless there is an extended Pokeroms.ini file that can run FR/LG USA roms.

Zi212 said:
How do i get my recently hand made hack of pokemon to work it only shows a white screen

In the VBA, go to Options > Emulator and have Flash 128K ticked.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
hi i was wondering i have a grovile,combuskin,marshtomp in leaf green (my firend breeded em for me ) and their stats are

grovile: combuskin: marshtomp:
hp=47 hp=51 hp:51
att=31 atk=37 atk:37
def=21 sp.atk=35 def:30
sp att=32 sp def=28 sp.stk:24
sp def=29 speed=28 sp def: 31
speed=41 def=28 speed:22

by the way could u please tell me where u found out its average and how..

ps. i used exp share on all(i used mewtwo to fight and let them lvl

GROVILE is lvl 17 combuskin is lvl 17 and marshtomp is lvl 16

The basic stats can be found with Pokémon Amplifier. Open your ROM and select a pokémon and check the basic stats.

If you did what Blazichu did and it still doesn't work then your ROM was corrupted. You'll have to restart.

zeon9881

Moderater jr.
Years
  • Seen May 17, 2007
dude i have gba (not emulater) and if thats not what your talking about whats a pokemon amplifer

Years
I'm editing the intro text of Fire Red (US). But I don't think this is right:
Screenshot from Advance Text:
temporarypi4.png

As you can see, I edited the first part of the intro message. But when I open this in VBA, this is what I get:
temporaryjo2.png

So, what am I doing wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back