• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2010
    I asked a few days ago...where can I find the Pokemon Gold/Silver table file? I looked everywhere, and I cannot find it :( I thought I had it, but it was a file in a .txt format when Windhex prompted me to load the table file, it said that table files are in a .tbl file. Can someone Please help me? I cannot do anything with the Gold Rom without the table file. :*(

Iacobus

sǝɯɐɾ
    Years
  • How do you edit the overworld map? i tried using advanced map but i dont know what to do?
    You probably mean the town map (world map)?
    Once you've edited the tileset and tilemap (offsets can be found in a thread in the tutorial section) you can use AdvanceMap to change the data.
    I asked a few days ago...where can I find the Pokemon Gold/Silver table file? I looked everywhere, and I cannot find it :( I thought I had it, but it was a file in a .txt format when Windhex prompted me to load the table file, it said that table files are in a .tbl file. Can someone Please help me? I cannot do anything with the Gold Rom without the table file. :*(
    1. You could just have changed the extension you know..
    2. Anyway, if you know where to look it's easy to find: datacrystal.org/wiki/Pokemon_Gold:TBL

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    There are enough tutorials on this subject. (Therefore not specifically for Sapphire.)

Basically what you have to do is:

1. Look for the image you want to edit in unLZ-GBA or GBA Graphics Editor (If it's compressed of course. But for the titlescreens the images are, so don't worry, you'll find them.)
    2. Once you found the image in one of those editors you should replace it with the one you like. The image should be indexed and you have to repoint if necessary (read: size is bigger than original).
    3. Now, if you look at your game you'll see that, by changing only the image, the tilescreen doesn't look nice. That's because you have to edit the tilemap as well. To do so, use a tileemap-editor, preferably NTME. (TIP: Dump the original tilemap first an load it in your editor so you know the right size. You can find the tilemap of an image (most of the time) as the next entry in unLZ-GBA.)
    4. Once you made your tilemap (the 'file' which hold the data for the screen-positioning of the tiles), you have to import it into your ROM. Overwrite the old one (or if you want to keep the original in the ROM, write it to a different (empty!) location and change the pointers < You should do the same if it's 'bigger').
    5. When you did everything correctly and check your ROM, the image (Shelder) should be displayed correctly.
    6. Now all you have to do is change the palette, but there are detailed tutorials on how to do so.
    NOTE: For Ruby and Sapphire, a part (upper-left) of your image is used for an overlay-animation. Unless you remove that animation layer, you should pay attention to this.

Last time it froze my hack.. I dunno, i dunno, I DUNNO! i probably dunno where the repoint button is!

Years
  • In R/S, a person event with picture number 4 shows up as a fat, yellow-skinned guy. Why is this in the game? What purpose does it serve?

ROFLMFAO
    This made my day. And my school was closed for a week, starting today. You rock.
    Question? Again, it's on Emerald, but I don't think that's very important here.
    I want to replace the Battle Backgrounds of my hack. I couldn't find a tutorial, but took a stab at it, and surprisingly, it sorta worked. (naturally, the colours needed fixing). So the tileset and tilemap worked fine, with one exception- The battle started with a black screen, and instead of just the "Platforms" sliding in from either side of the screen, the entire background, which had been split horizontally, slid in from either side. I don't really know how to fix it (I mean I'm sure it's a simple, logical solution, but I've drawn a total blank). Anyway, my questions, put simply:
    1. How can I have it so just the "Platforms" of the background slide from either side of the screen, and not the whole image?
    2. Can anyone recommend a good Hex Editor, with a Search Function, excluding Hex Workshop and Translhexion? (my Hex Workshop expired, and Translhexion's Search function won't work properly, it doesn't actually search for the bytes I type).

3rdcity

beautiful
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2010
    ok so im using pokemon amplifier and it works perfectly for a ruby rom but when i try to use it for a fire red rom it says
    "run time error 13:
    type mismatch " why and how do i fix it.

or is there a program that can edit evolutions for fire red

Last edited:

Congratulations I Hate You

Used to be itman1234...
    Years
    • Age 30
    • CT
    • Seen Jan 27, 2010
    I have two questions.

1. in advance map, there is a command to set a person to "hidden" (under movement type). well there are actually like 4 of them. does it matter which one i pick, like are some glitchy/don't work? and also, if a person is set to hidden, how would you make it appear, and keep it there?

2. is it possible to clear a flag/set a flag, and that person appears/dissapears without having to reset the map? is there any kidn of command/special taht would do that?

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • applymovement 0x(person) @move1
    applymovement 0xFF @move2
    waitmovement or pause

Simple enough. :(

Ps:hi

mr.MEGA HACK
    Years
  • I have two questions.

1. in advance map, there is a command to set a person to "hidden" (under movement type). well there are actually like 4 of them. does it matter which one i pick, like are some glitchy/don't work? and also, if a person is set to hidden, how would you make it appear, and keep it there?

2. is it possible to clear a flag/set a flag, and that person appears/dissapears without having to reset the map? is there any kidn of command/special taht would do that?
    Here is the answer to the first question.
    It doesn't matter at all which "hidden" you pick. Don't ask me why it has 4 of them in there.

applymovement 0x(person) @move1
    applymovement 0xFF @move2
    waitmovement or pause

Simple enough. :(
    Thanks dude! Also, what would you put in the "(player)" thingy? I only know basic scripts :(

ROFLMFAO
    This made my day. And my school was closed for a week, starting today. You rock.
    Question? Again, it's on Emerald, but I don't think that's very important here.
    I want to replace the Battle Backgrounds of my hack. I couldn't find a tutorial, but took a stab at it, and surprisingly, it sorta worked. (naturally, the colours needed fixing). So the tileset and tilemap worked fine, with one exception- The battle started with a black screen, and instead of just the "Platforms" sliding in from either side of the screen, the entire background, which had been split horizontally, slid in from either side. I don't really know how to fix it (I mean I'm sure it's a simple, logical solution, but I've drawn a total blank). Anyway, my questions, put simply:
    1. How can I have it so just the "Platforms" of the background slide from either side of the screen, and not the whole image?
    2. Can anyone recommend a good Hex Editor, with a Search Function, excluding Hex Workshop and Translhexion? (my Hex Workshop expired, and Translhexion's Search function won't work properly, it doesn't actually search for the bytes I type).
    Whenever I put the "Fat Guy" in, he is always dissapeard. How can I stop that?

Last edited:

Matteron (96)

Can't Read Lookin Ass
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2024
    does pokemon amplifier work on fr/lg.
    it should, if it doesn't just use YAPE it's a lot easier.

@ Ps:hi:
    Put any number in the player "thingy" as long as it is not used by another ow.
    but if you want to move the player, put FF.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • What? It has to be used by someone. It can't be any random number, it's the person event number you want to move. Not a random number. :(

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
  • Okay I am getting this weird problem. :/ I replaced wiglypuff with grimmer. It shows up perfectly in advance map, but no madder what settings I give it, in the game it won't appear. It's just invisible; dose anybody know how to fix this?

Screen Shot of A-Map.

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    In R/S, a person event with picture number 4 shows up as a fat, yellow-skinned guy. Why is this in the game? What purpose does it serve?
    It's there for testing purposes. One of the new features introduced in Generation III was that overworld sprites can be larger than 1 tile. Obviously, they used that fat guy to show it off.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
  • It's there for testing purposes. One of the new features introduced in Generation III was that overworld sprites can be larger than 1 tile. Obviously, they used that fat guy to show it off.

Don't say things unless you know what you are talking about.
    The big yellow guy is an easter egg that was never put in, an homage to Gamefreak's first game.
    Never made unfortunately...

Pogeygothaxed

Pokémon exDeltaSpecies Creator
    Years
  • Hey, I tried looking through a few pages and I searched the forum itself, but I didn't wanna search through 500+ , and I didn't find much on this topic in the forum...so, I hope it's okay if I ask this.

Uh, I'm working on insert a Battle Background.

So far, I've gotten this...

I realize that the size is off, I tried insert it in 32x64 which was the same size as the one I was replacing...so I'm not sure what the error is there.

As far as the pallet, well, some of the colors are correct...and then others are not. I know I could easily fix that with APE, but, can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Here are the steps I've taken;

Turned the image into a tile map (sphere)
    Deleted duplicate tiles
    Saved it
    Opened it
    Saved the Tile Set
    Edited the Tile Set for the first tile to be transparent
    Indexed it to 16 and made sure first color was transparent
    Took it into Nameless Tileset Manager Editor
    Opened my Tile Set
    Opened the Map file
    Set it to 32 x 64 (correct size, I believe. I took the tileset from UNLZ, and the .RAW file then loaded it.)
    Saved it as a .raw
    Inserted (I also checked Export Pallet when I inserted the tiles and the Tile Map, would that be causing the pallet errors? Since I did it with both.)
    Loaded the game...

I got the basic understanding of what I'm doing, but, I'm still making some error. x.x I tried looking around first, but, no too much avale...
    Any help would be appreciated...

~Thanks.

Last edited:

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
  • hey nvm to my question I was able to fix it by changing some of the unknown pointers .turns out sprite 123 is a special but I changed it to a normal 0F.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back