• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

CdubFosho

Pokemon Adventure breeder
Years
    • Age 36
    • USA
    • Seen Nov 25, 2009
    didnt seem to work scizz i go talk to the kid and he still doesnt say anthing at all :/

~Alakazam~

Psychic Eye
    Years
  • Scizz said:
    Those pictures are uncompressed, and therefore can't be edited with unLZ-GBA.
    You can edit them by using Tile Layer Pro or Tile Molester. The offsets have been posted in this thread. (Search function)

I searched this thread inside out and I couldn't find the offsets. You guys kept almost getting to the answer, but never actually gave the answer. COuld I get a direct answer to my question? Where are the offsets and palette offsets?

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2023
    Help with hexing in Fire Red

Basicly all i want to do is edit the chance of shiny pokemon to show up from 1/8200 or whatever it is to 1/200. i just read a bunch of guides and tryed almost every editor but none of them let me do anything with shiny pokemon, so i tryed hex editing but i dont know where to start looking or even what to look for. If anyone knows where in the hex editor i can change the chance of finding shiny pokemon is please let me know.

BlaXun

#1 Anime Fan
    Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2010
    I've got 1 Question...What's the Script from Profesor Birch in The Beginning, When He Asks your name? I want Some Player In Mauville to Ask your new Name, So you can Change your name whenever you want.

Thx in Advance

Flameguru

Pokemon: Metallic Silver
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Ok, im going to start on a remake of Gold and it will be a hack of FireRed. My questions are:

1: How do i link maps together?
    2: How can i change events/make new ones?

Right now im using EliteMap and Advance map 1.81. FireRed (US) is being used as the rom. Thanks, hope someone can help me.

charimon

Yeah hacking !! ^^
    Years
  • SeanAir said:
    Can some one tell me how to compile a script? I mean i know how to do it but it doesn't work on my computer and i don't know why. When i do it it looks like it worked but when i play the game it doesn't.
    maybe you took the wrong hex ;)

Flameguru said:
    Ok, im going to start on a remake of Gold and it will be a hack of FireRed. My questions are:

1: How do i link maps together?
    2: How can i change events/make new ones?

Right now im using EliteMap and Advance map 1.81. FireRed (US) is being used as the rom. Thanks, hope someone can help me.
    1. with the connection option ;) like: up , map bank 1 and map 30 ;)
    2. by scripting there's a tut for that at docs and tuts ;)

Flameguru

Pokemon: Metallic Silver
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Thanks:) I found the first one out before you told me, but thanks anyway! But, can you link me directly to the event making tut......cant find it

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2008
    I made a new map,made a warp on Mt.Chimney linking to it, and another warp on the new map linking to Mt.Chimney. However, when I test the warp on Mt. Chimeny out, I always seem to land in the middle of the new map instead of the warp, but when I exit through the warp on the new map it works properly I and can see myself walking out of the cave entrance.

I made sure that the tile on the Mt.Chimeny warp acts as a cave and entrance and the tile on the warp on my new map "holes back down to last room".

EDIT: Nvm I found out what was wrong. I forgot to set the warp on Mt. Chimeny to warp 0, which is the event number of the warp on te new map.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2006
    where's elitemap???

i have just started hacking and was looking for elitemap 3.6 or 3.7 but i can't find it anywhere can anyone help please
    ah.. and also i downloaded advance map and... is it only used to make rocks, grass, etc in a particular map i tried to make a house but couldnt figure out how to enter it. this might sound a little stupid to u guys but please dont ignore

thanks in advance

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2019
    how to change starter pokemon?

i need a tool to change the starting pokemon of FR game. any good tools to use please let me know.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2006
    can anyone help me i have couple of problems here.i am hacking pkmn ruby rom
    1)i cant figure out how to create warp panels(how to enter a pokemon center i made it with advance map but cant enter it ) please help
    2)i cant use sappy i loaded a pkmn ruby rom in it but it gave me a error file not found but it worked fine with golden sun rom
    4)how to add new sprites in a map???trainer and normal person and edit
    5)this is all for now thanks in advance!
    thanks for telling where elitemap was ninja monkey

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    I think I can answer some really simple questions, so here I come:

Answer to: Lance_Cyberguy

You can get to the official site by follwing this link. There go to the Files section and download it ;)

Answer to: Pokeant

There is no working FR starter editor, so use HEX. Red made very user and beginner friendly starter changing tutorial (HEX, of course), you can get to it by clicking this link.

Hope I helped you.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    Does anyone know where the offset for the Ho-oh event in Gold Version so I can change Ho-oh to Celebi?
    I am going to do this in a Hex-editor.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    lance_cyberguy said:
    can anyone help me i have couple of problems here.i am hacking pkmn ruby rom
    1)i cant figure out how to create warp panels(how to enter a pokemon center i made it with advance map but cant enter it ) please help
    2)i cant use sappy i loaded a pkmn ruby rom in it but it gave me a error file not found but it worked fine with golden sun rom
    4)how to add new sprites in a map???trainer and normal person and edit
    5)this is all for now thanks in advance!
    thanks for telling where elitemap was ninja monkey

1)Go to events tab make more warps and place a warp on the center's door,then make tha bank and bank map so that the warp'll take you to a center.
    2)Something's wrong with ur Ruby rom
    4)Go to events tab and change the events

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    I have question... Can you tell me hex number of flag, which prevents you from applying script more than once? ROM: Pokémon Fire Red English (BPRE). Thanks.

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2008
    I've been facing some difficulties hacking and I need to ask a few questions:
    1. My ScriptED and Diamond Cutter both give me "Run-time error '6': Overflow" messages when I try to compile the scripts. What can I do to fix this?

2. I read somewhere on this forum that the ctrl+click function to open the scripts for the people works in EliteMap2.5, but I can't seem to find that thread again even with the search function. Can someone post me a link to the thread?

3. Is there a way to make new map labels? I'm putting new maps into the game and I don't want to reuse map labels.

mxkpkmnextu??

Ser Artificial
    Years
  • firefang said:
    I've been facing some difficulties hacking and I need to ask a few questions:
    1. My ScriptED and Diamond Cutter both give me "Run-time error '6': Overflow" messages when I try to compile the scripts. What can I do to fix this?

2. I read somewhere on this forum that the ctrl+click function to open the scripts for the people works in EliteMap2.5, but I can't seem to find that thread again even with the search function. Can someone post me a link to the thread?

3. Is there a way to make new map labels? I'm putting new maps into the game and I don't want to reuse map labels.

Hail
    1. There's something wrong with one or more commands in your script... Check again or post the script here... Maybe we can see what the problem is

2. Use elite map 3.6/3.7 2.5 is no good these days =\ and ctrl+click on the events like people and script triggers(in elitemap the "!")

3. Goto objects and then labels there u can change the names...

Note: U should use AM1.8.1(advance map) it's a lot more easy to work, has more options(like block editor, perfect for tileset changing), etc... I only use elitemap itself for checking scripts...

Hope it helped=)
    [[ ]]
    Stay Sick\m/

Tbone2356

Time keeps on tickin' by
    Years
  • Another Simple Question....

Im Using Advance Map 1.80 For My Emerald Hack But Every Time I Try To Add A New Map It Replaces The First Map In The Bank.....How Do I Fix This???

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back