• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxkpkmnextu??

Ser Artificial
Years
Tbone2356 said:
Im Using Advance Map 1.80 For My Emerald Hack But Every Time I Try To Add A New Map It Replaces The First Map In The Bank.....How Do I Fix This???

Hail
Just goto insert map and choose a new map bank (example 0.56)
Note I'm not sure if the insert map is just for 1.8.1 I've inserted lot's of new maps and they are fine
[[ ]]
Stay Sick\m/

Years
  • Seen May 26, 2010
i scearch to the starters from LG, in HEX WORKSHOP (010004000700) and change them to 4C0193008B01 But if i save and play the game, the starters aren't changed:S
Who can help me

Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2008
mxkpkmnextu?? said:
Hail
1. There's something wrong with one or more commands in your script... Check again or post the script here... Maybe we can see what the problem is

2. Use elite map 3.6/3.7 2.5 is no good these days =\ and ctrl+click on the events like people and script triggers(in elitemap the "!")

3. Goto objects and then labels there u can change the names...

Note: U should use AM1.8.1(advance map) it's a lot more easy to work, has more options(like block editor, perfect for tileset changing), etc... I only use elitemap itself for checking scripts...

Hope it helped=)
[[ ]]
Stay Sick\m/

Thanks, I really appreciate your help. For no. 1, I used an example script in the script database, so I don't think there are any errors in them, and i changed the offsets accordingly to the next free space that I had in the rom.

For no.2, well my elite map 3.7 can't open scripts with ctrl click, maybe it's something to do with my rom, i don't know, but this has been the case for both Ruby & Leaf Green.

No.3, I think I have not been clear, but I know how to edit the labels, what I'm interesting in is to make completely new ones without having to replace any existing ones.

B.t.w I use Advance Map 1.81 for most of the stuff I do, I only use Elite Map to change the weather and the song, as well as the type of map it is (e.g. cave). lol.

Once again, thanks for taking the time to look through my problems and trying to solve them. I really appreciate it. :D

Tyranitar Tamer

Advanced Trainer
Years
Pokemon Yellow??

Hey,guys,I was just wondering if any of you had tools for hacking yellow like map editor or text.Any help would be appreciated.Thanks!!^^

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Pokepearl said:
i scearch to the starters from LG, in HEX WORKSHOP (010004000700) and change them to 4C0193008B01 But if i save and play the game, the starters aren't changed:S
Who can help me

Try using this tutorial.It'll help you.

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2006
hi guys thanks for answering ah.... here are some more problems
1)do ya guys remember the start of pkmn ruby?? i edited and made a whole new map wrote down
the offset of mom and 3 more guys and also made 1-1 warp panels on each house and also made the truck now here's the prob
when the game starts the truck stays near the hero's house but i get down near may's house from nowhere
2)ok then after that when i got inside prof birch's house i directly come at the center of the lab???? then when i get out from there then i directly get out from the pkmn center in that town(i made). i checked the warp panels but no problem there( bank no and map no are correct does any thing else matter?

Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2007
as you can probably tell im a noob at rom hacking. Didnt even get started on my own yet, i just had a few questions. How can u or even can u make a pokemon follow you around like pikachu in pokemon yellow? (and ca u do that in the gba pokemon games) Does anyone know of any good tutorials for overall rom hacking. I hav no idea what to get started at O_O.

yeah thx it did, now i hav to figure out how to use an overworld sprite editor.lol

lol, do you know any other usefull guides or tip that could help me? =DD

Last edited by a moderator:

Zacceh

Another day in the life of...
Years
To get a Pokémon to follow you use an Overworld Sprite editor and work in a pokémon that follows the main charecter. For an Overworld Sprite Editor look in the Tools Showcase section. Hope I helped!

•Gengazard•

Simple
Load ROM
Choose Charecter to Edit.
Edit

=\

xD

So what ROM yah hackin'?

Yeah. For mapping use the program Advance Map Ver. 1.81. its AMAZING. Im completely changing LittleRoot in Emerald for my hack (see sig for details) and im adding new routes that contain cool secrets. If you can help me i'll let you in on 1 of them. It involves The Hero(ine)'s hometown. I only say that much unless people agree to help. Are you a fast learner? Anywayz I also recommend downloading IPSWin20 or whatever so you can play hacks other people have made.

1.What is UNLZ?
2.How do I change title screen?
3. How do I edit Battle Sprites?

•Gengazard•

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Gengazard said:
1.What is UNLZ?
2.How do I change title screen?
3. How do I edit Battle Sprites?

•Gengazard•

1. Replace pokemon and trainer sprites, items' sprites etc.
2. Cyclone, there's a tutorial in the Documents and Tutorials section if you are hacking R/S/E.
3. unLZ

SeanAir

The Avenger
Years
  • Seen Feb 2, 2008
Ok i have this script here for my hack and i want it to enable you to give a nickname to the pokemon you get. can some one help me out?:

#org 0x7B2B00
checkflag 0x10A
if 0 0x7B0A54
message 0x7B2C00
boxset 0x2
end

#org 0x7B0A54
setflag 0x10A
setflag 0x828
checkgender
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 0 0x7B1D54
if 1 0x7B0D54
end

#org 0x7B1D54
message 0x7B1A54
boxset 0x02
givepokemon 0x04 0x05 0xD7
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
end

#org 0x7B0D54
message 0x7B1B90
boxset 0x02
givepokemon 0x07 0x05 0xD1
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
#raw 00
end

#org 0x7B1A54
= Hello? And you are...?\pOh ok. So it's\v.\pWell welcome to my lab.\nI'm PROF. IVY.\pPlease don't leave the mess\nscare you.\pWell it looks like you\nare a trainner am i right?\pGood then I guess this\nCHARMANDER will be better\pof traveling with you.\pPlease take good care of it.

#org 0x7B1B90
= Hello? And you are...?\pOh ok. So it's\v.\pWell welcome to my lab.\nI'm PROF. IVY.\pPlease don't leave the mess\nscare you.\pWell looks like you\nare a trainner am i right?\pGood then I guess this\nSQUIRTLE will be better\pof traveling with you.\pPlease take good care of it.

#org 0x7B2C00
= Well since BROCK came\nhere. My lab has been in tip top\pshape. And he can really cook\pWell any way I hope that\nyou're taking good care of\pthat Pokémon.

Last edited:

Chris-h11

Programmer
Years
Pokémon Emerald [BPEE] Sappy Codes

If anybody has the codes for Emerald in Sappy could you please post them here? It would be greatly appreciated.

Years
  • Seen Oct 11, 2006
tcg hacking

I'm new to rom hacking and I'm trying to translate pokemon tcg into my language.
However, I have a problem.

I can reach to the words without a table editor. Opening the rom with a hex editor is enough for it.

The text is like this:
..HAND..CHECK..ATTACK..PKMN POWER..DONE..TYPE..RETREAT..WEAKNESS..RESİSTANCE..

As you see, the words are separated from each other with .. symbols which are coded as 0006. In this way, I can change the words between those symbols. For example, if I change the word ATTACK into SALDIR, which is the meaning of it in my language, I have no problem. However, if the English word is longer, I cannot translate it. For instance, as I try to translate the word DONE into BITTI moving .. symbols, the next word disappears.

Are there any solutions for this problem? How can I move .. symbols without corrupting the next word?

Thanks.

Keruri

Espeon Lover
Years
ok Ive got a real basic question for you all.... Whats a ROM? How do they work? are they on a CD rom? do you download them? Do you put them on a disc? do you have to make your own? or can you just play one? how do you get one? I'm so confuzled..... ^^;;

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2006
Help with making map...

Hello there, I have a quick question.
I used the search and really didn't know what to search for so please forgive me if I'm asking a question that is repeatedly answered. But I'm hacking my LeafGreen ROM file with Advance Map 1.81 and I added on to the map size on one of the routes and when I play past the trees it's all glitchy... How do I add to the map and make it to where when I'm playing I only see trees past my map not some wierd black glitchy thing? Any help would be great :)

Really cool place you got here. I'm a first generation pokemon player. I never got into anything other than blue and Gold and when they came out with remakes my brother had the LeafGreen so I got a ROM file for it and I'm hooked :P

Thanks ;)

The Dash

Hurr.
Years
Keruri said:
ok Ive got a real basic question for you all.... Whats a ROM? How do they work? are they on a CD rom? do you download them? Do you put them on a disc? do you have to make your own? or can you just play one? how do you get one? I'm so confuzled..... ^^;;

If you had searched you would of found the answer to this,
A rom is a "Ripped" and "Illigal" version of a game. So for example a GBA game that has been decompiled and transfered to a computer file. In order to play Roms you will need a Emulator.

feraligatr1.0

Cyber Feraligatr
Years
I've got a question that I really need answered this minute. I am in the poketronic tool and I am trying to insert a wild battle script. I want you to battle this pokemon at lv. 5 right after you get the pokeballs, what offset do I use?

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Feraligator1.0 said:
I've got a question that I really need answered this minute. I am in the poketronic tool and I am trying to insert a wild battle script. I want you to battle this pokemon at lv. 5 right after you get the pokeballs, what offset do I use?

Just put an enpty offset. Find them with a hex editor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back