• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2006
    how can i use my own sprites in my hack? please explain but with some program not hex editor if possible.
    can i use normal pictures but resized ones?
    please help

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2006
    yes iread that one but to what size i must resize my sprite?

hey dudes how do i create a patch file of my hack? (ips file)?
    and
    how can i make pokemons learn other moves than their types like picachu learning rock slide?

Last edited by a moderator:

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • mxkpkmnextu?? said:
    Hail
    I wanted to asked if someone knows what are the fanfare values in FR...
    And what's wrong with this script? When it step into it the game freezes...=s
    I think maybe it has to do with the apply movement command... The sprite is 4th person...
    [[ ]]
    Stay Sick\m/
    There is currently no list of fanfare values.
    However, you can easily create one by trying out the values, starting by 0.

In your Script, you simply typod the applymovement command.
    Code:
    #org 0x800000
    checkflag 0x10A
    lock
    faceplayer
    applymovement 0x04 0x800100
    pause 0x30
    applymovement 0x04 0x800200
    pause 0x20
    message 0x800300
    boxset 0x4
    release
    applymovement 0xFF 0x800350
    applymovement 0x04 0x800400
    pause 0x70
    message 0x800500
    boxset 0x4
    release
    setflag 0x10A
    end

#org 0x800100
    #binary 56 FE

#org 0x800200
    #binary  A FE

#org 0x800300
    = [Rival]:Look Look! If it ain't\n"\v\h01\v\h05 The Loser"!\pGuess what I got my first pokemon!\n\v\h01\v\h05: You did?\p[Rival]:Yeah and the best one!\pIt's always good to have\nthe most famous pokemon researcher\pin the world has grandpa!\nWell, I don't have time\pto waste with losers like you!\pI have the title of the greatest\nPOKEMON trainer in the world\p to conquer!\nSmell ya!

#org 0x800350
    #binary 4 FE

#org 0x800400
    #binary A 71 FE

#org 0x800500
    = We'll just see that!\nTime tp get my POKEMON!

Jonny Buuz said:
    How would one approach creating a wildbattle script?

#org 0x80000
    checkflag 0x358
    if 0 0x80100
    end

#org 0x80100
    setflag 0x358
    wildbattle 0xFA 0x32 0x01
    end

Would I need raw data, or did I miss a bunch of stuff, or...

And I'm gonna go search for a list of flags on this site, but if there isn't one, I'd like one very much so ^.^

EDIT: The Ruby/Sapphire flags, not FR/LG/E... but I'll accept any, 'cause I'm thinking of starting a FR hack soon...
    Your Script is correct that way you made it.
    It will work if you compile it to the ROM.

Currently there is no list of flags.

tommyonline said:
    Hey there,

I am currently creating a new Pokémon game with a unique storyline, called Pokémon: Triso and I was just wondering if anybody could help with the following:

1. Know where I could download, or have a copy of "Different Start GS v.2.0" to send me? Would be appreciated!

2. Know anything about Warps in GoldMap V1.6 - I will try to explain what I'm stuck with;

I have moved Mr Pokémon's house from Route 30 to Cherrygrove City, and have been able to set the warp so when you enter it, you are in his house. However, when you leave the house you end up on Route 30 again, instead of Cherrygrove City. I have tried for hours and can't seem to find how to do it.

Thanks,
    Tommy
    1. I attached a copy for you.
    You can get it here: View attachment 33165

2. Simply change the Warp inside his house to Warp you to Cherrygrove City.
    For Cherregrove, you need to set the Map to 3 and the Map Bank to 26.
    Then set the Warp to what Warp you want to come out at.

tommyonline said:
    Maybe if I change the question:

Is it possible to 'create' Warp numbers so you can Warp to anywhere on the map?
    You can add new Warps to a Map, by using Goldmap's build in Event reconstructor. Simply increase the number of Warps and repoint the data.
    Then you can place the Warps anywhere on the Map, and so, are able to appear anywhere on the Map.

Pokepearl said:
    What's the number from the LG title screen in UNLZ?
    Specify of what part of the Titlescreem you need the number.

charimon said:
    i need the sound of tropius (cause i'm editing the begin screen and azurill needs 2 become tropius ;) )
    Tropius' sound value is the same as it's Hex value.
    A complete list of all hex values can be found in the "Change Starter Pokémon" tutorial in the documents forum.
    A way to change the sound in the into has been posted in this thread.

calmind said:
    2. Also, where are the pics for the big professor oak and big Male/Female hero in FR/LG? I tried using unLZ.gba, and I only got the small sprites for each.

Those pictures are uncompressed, and therefore can't be edited with unLZ-GBA.
    You can edit them by using Tile Layer Pro or Tile Molester. The offsets have been posted in this thread. (Search function)

calmind said:
    what are the offsets for the Gary Battles from S.S. Anne-League Champion?
    Assuming that you are using Fire-Red (US):
    S.S. Anne:
    - Chosen 1st Pokémon: 23C7B0
    - Chosen 2nd Pokémon: 23C7D0
    - Chosen 3rd Pokémon: 23C7F0

League:
    - Chosen 1st Pokémon: 23CA20
    - Chosen 2nd Pokémon: 23CA80
    - Chosen 3rd Pokémon: 23CAE0

Pokepearl said:
    Can I edit the attacks from pokemon in trainer battles with HEX WORKSHOP?

That i search on the attacks from is pokemon, and than change them...?
    Yes, you can change a Trainer's Pokémon and Attacks with a Hex-Editor.
    A howto is posted in this thread. (Search function)

Cy-Chan said:
    How do I script? I unstand the concept... Various hex values when read in the correct area of the rom produce a script. But, then, how do you actually get the game to read it? I attempted changing an item into a Pokemon, giving it various prompts in the script for Pokemon-only stuff (like, nickname and such)...

It didn't work at all. Could someone please help me with this?
    Scripting is using pre-defined commands of the game to create certain events.
    You get the game to read it, by pointing it to the specified data.
    This could be by, either talking to a person (This will execute the script which is set in that person's script offset box), triggering a Trigger event, being called from another script, etc.
    There are several ways to execute a script.

A great G/S scripting documentation has been made by Tauwasser.
    You can get it here.
    Sadly, it's in German, but with the help of a translating program, that shouldn't be much of a problem.

kingofgames300g said:
    Can anyone tell me how to complete a hack, but everytime I hack the map so much, it gives me a white screen. Can anyone tell me how to hack the game and NOT get the white screen.

Thanx!!
    Quite simply, by your editing actions, you have corrupted your ROM.
    Get a clean ROM (or a working backup copy), and re-do the changes.
    If your ROM keeps getting corrupted, then something you have done while editing the map went wrong. (Like repointing to an offset with important game data.)

Brainpower said:
    Can i export images in spread?
    And how?
    You can not export images in Spread.

CdubFosho said:
    ok scizz i put this in rubikode program as you said

i hit compile and compiled it to my game and then i went into eliet map and changed the kid that used to give me a bulb, i changed his old offset of f90000 something to &h6CD8D0 now the kid doesnt talk to me at all and definetly doesnt give me a magikarp :(

can scizz or anyone help me?
    Hm...the offsets in the script are badly calculated, which causes the script to become corrupted.
    Sorry I didn't notice that before.

This script should work.
    Code:
    #org 0x800000
    lock
    faceplayer
    checkflag 0x10A
    if 0 0x800100
    message 0x800150
    boxset 0x6
    release
    end

#org 0x800100
    setflag 0x10a
    setflag 0x800
    message 0x800200
    boxset 0x6
    givepokemon 129 0x05 0x00
    #raw 00
    #raw 00
    #raw 00
    #raw 00
    #raw 00
    #raw 00
    #raw 00
    #raw 00
    #raw 00
    #raw 00
    end

#org 0x800200
    = Here's a Magikarp!

#org 0x800150
    = How's Magikarp doing?

lambros said:
    yes iread that one but to what size i must resize my sprite?

hey dudes how do i create a patch file of my hack? (ips file)?
    and
    how can i make pokemons learn other moves than their types like picachu learning rock slide?
    You have to resize your sprites to the size of the image you want to replace.

For Patch creation, you can find a small tutorial here.
    For changing learnable attacks, you can use Pokémon Amplifier. (Downloadable from the Tools Showcase.)

Also, please use the search function of this forum in the future, as all of your questions have already been asked and answered.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2006
    ok guys thanks a lot for the info

hey man all the links you gave right n in your previous post are invalid man even the one for ips program.
    there are also dead links in tools showcase.
    please rupload them

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • lambros said:
    ok guys thanks a lot for the info

hey man all the links you gave right n in your previous post are invalid man even the one for ips program.
    there are also dead links in tools showcase.
    please rupload them
    You don't need the link to the IPS program from that thread, as it is included in the EliteMap package. (Direct link in the Hacking Tools Reference)
    The link in the Pokémon Amplifier thread is still working.
    If the links in the Tools Showcase are dead, you can always visit one of the sites mentioned in the Hacking Tools Reference to download the tools from them.

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2022
    Something about Dexter i don't get, i load it and select the rom but it tells me this

Supported Rom, but Pokedex Data is unspecified, what am i doing wrong here i just wanna make my hack :(

~Alakazam~

Psychic Eye
    Years
  • Ah, you are using something besides Ruby USA, I guess. I think you need to specify in the ini the offsets of the pokedex data. I think scizz should help. don't worry.

mxkpkmnextu??

Ser Artificial
    Years
  • Scizz said:
    In your Script, you simply typod the applymovement command.
    Code:
    #org 0x800000
    checkflag 0x10A
    lock
    faceplayer
    applymovement 0x04 0x800100
    pause 0x30
    applymovement 0x04 0x800200
    pause 0x20
    message 0x800300
    boxset 0x4
    release
    applymovement 0xFF 0x800350
    applymovement 0x04 0x800400
    pause 0x70
    message 0x800500
    boxset 0x4
    release
    setflag 0x10A
    end

#org 0x800100
    #binary 56 FE

#org 0x800200
    #binary  A FE

#org 0x800300
    = [Rival]:Look Look! If it ain't\n"\v\h01\v\h05 The Loser"!\pGuess what I got my first pokemon!\n\v\h01\v\h05: You did?\p[Rival]:Yeah and the best one!\pIt's always good to have\nthe most famous pokemon researcher\pin the world has grandpa!\nWell, I don't have time\pto waste with losers like you!\pI have the title of the greatest\nPOKEMON trainer in the world\p to conquer!\nSmell ya!

#org 0x800350
    #binary 4 FE

#org 0x800400
    #binary A 71 FE

#org 0x800500
    = We'll just see that!\nTime tp get my POKEMON!

Hail
    Thnx again =)! [[[[[[[ ]]]]]]]]
    But when I step into the script trigger the game still freezes...
    Is that because I didn't filled this here?
    [Archive] Simple Questions

An this question has been bugging for a long time now... How can I decrease the background of a pokemon image so that my newly bigger than the original pokemon image can be inserted with no problem?
    [[[ ]]]
    Stay Sick\m/

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2008
    Ok, click on the "Events View" tab, scroll down the column on the right till you see the "Event Manager". Increase the number of the type of event you want and click on the "Change Events" button. Click "OK" in the window that pops up and click "Re-point". You will see a new event on the top left corner of the map.

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2011
    firefang said:
    Ok, click on the "Events View" tab, scroll down the column on the right till you see the "Event Manager". Increase the number of the type of event you want and click on the "Change Events" button. Click "OK" in the window that pops up and click "Re-point". You will see a new event on the top left corner of the map.
    That helps

drem

a french user...
    Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2008
    i have a question, how to search offsets ?

i need a help ! you can search my the POKéMON Sapphire(FR [AXPF]) offsets for FONT EDITOR?
    if you can, PM my for the rom

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Oh when will these questions end?

When I try editing the text where the player's mother starts babbling about how Littleroot has a quaint feel etc. with Advance Text, it says ''Text pointer wasn't found, aborting''. How do I fix this, or do I need to use a hex editor? :S

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • Exodecai101 said:
    Something about Dexter i don't get, i load it and select the rom but it tells me this

Supported Rom, but Pokedex Data is unspecified, what am i doing wrong here i just wanna make my hack :(
    The Pokémon data offset for the ROM you tried to load is not specified in your "Pokeroms.ini".
    Now what you can do is either:

1) Load a supported ROM
    2) Add the offsets yourself, by doing a search for the data in a Hex-Editor.

mxkpkmnextu?? said:
    Hail
    Thnx again =)! [[[[[[[ ]]]]]]]]
    But when I step into the script trigger the game still freezes...
    Is that because I didn't filled this here?

An this question has been bugging for a long time now... How can I decrease the background of a pokemon image so that my newly bigger than the original pokemon image can be inserted with no problem?
    [[[ ]]]
    Stay Sick\m/
    Since the Script is working, that could be the problem.
    Try inserting 03 00 for the Flag Value, and a unique Number in the Flag Number box. (60 40 for example.)
    That will activate the trigger.

Increasing the picture size of a Pokémon is currently not possible, as it is unknown where that data is stored.

drem said:
    i have a question, how to search offsets ?

i need a help ! you can search my the POKéMON Sapphire(FR [AXPF]) offsets for FONT EDITOR?
    Offsets can be found with a Hex-Editor, by comparing the bytes of an offset in a supported ROM, and searching those bytes in the unsupported ROM.
    Once you found them, write down the offset.

Because of a programming error in FontED, it does not work with other ROMs than Ruby (US).
    However, you can easily edit the Font with Tile Layer Pro or Tile Molester.

Smarties-kun said:
    Oh when will these questions end?

When I try editing the text where the player's mother starts babbling about how Littleroot has a quaint feel etc. with Advance Text, it says ''Text pointer wasn't found, aborting''. How do I fix this, or do I need to use a hex editor? :S
    Have you checked the "Go to beginning of text" box when you were searching for the text?
    It is possible that you have missed a character, therefore the offset in the INI file is not quite accurate and no pointer can be found.

Of course, you can also edit the text with a Hex-Editor, which comes in quite handy if something like this is happening.

charimon

Yeah hacking !! ^^
    Years
  • can i use the team aqua trainer battles without that my game will miss something(this is for ruby) just wanna know cause then i don't have 2 make my own trainerbattles and i would have more space for new trainer sprites :)

mxkpkmnextu??

Ser Artificial
    Years
  • Hail
    Do the movement values differ from r/s to fr/lg, cuz in the script I made before, in the game the movements were all wrong=S... And when I step again on the trigger the script goes again... Why isn't the flag working??=S
    And is there a command that makes the sprite disappear after the script?
    [[ ]]
    Stay Sick\m/

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back