• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

randy13oh

Novie Editor
    Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2007
    I searched and i searched but could not find a solution for my problem!!! :(
    I'm working on a pokemon ruby hack and i am fairly new to it.I try to hack the title screen by exporting the image in unzl.gba number 78 and it looks like grudon then i edit it then import i.So i think it will work fine but then it comes up all messed up!!!can someone pls tell me how to fix this!!!

Sharanza

Returning: Platinum Silver
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2007
    I searched and i searched but could not find a solution for my problem!!! :(
    I'm working on a pokemon ruby hack and i am fairly new to it.I try to hack the title screen by exporting the image in unzl.gba number 78 and it looks like grudon then i edit it then import i.So i think it will work fine but then it comes up all messed up!!!can someone pls tell me how to fix this!!!

hm...i can help you
    but do you have msn?
    if you have pm me

randy13oh

Novie Editor
    Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2007
    Simple Script Creator

Hello i was looking for a script editor and i came across
    Name: SSC (Simple Script Creator)
    By: Dark Future Inc.

i found the download link but it will not work.Can someone else post a different download link here?

I need it so i can insert a give pokemon script that give the pokemon mew to you when you talk to someone. So if you could post the download link here i would apreciate it.
    i dont know if its just my browser or not but i dont think it is cause there are other programs i cant download and i can download other programs so i dont think it is my browser.I aslo tryed to download using firefox still the same thing.It comes up as a blank http gif page. Please help!

Cy-Chan

GSC Hacker
    Years
    Hey, how do you set the warp points? Like, I come out of a house, and it warps me to 3 steps left from it, rather than in front of the warp into the house...

Anybody that can help?

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
    Hey, how do you set the warp points? Like, I come out of a house, and it warps me to 3 steps left from it, rather than in front of the warp into the house...

Anybody that can help?

Warp Events only work warp-to-warp.
    You can control which Event you will appear at, by setting the "Warp No." value, to the number of the Warp-Event on the Map that you want to appear on.
    If you want to appear somewhere else on the Map, then you will have to use a Script, which includes a "warp" command.
    The "commands.html", which comes with EliteMap, will give you more detail on it.

Cy-Chan

GSC Hacker
    Years
    Sorry, I wasn't very clear...

I'm using the warp from the van at the beginning, which'll warp you to the exit of your house (because it is your house... yeah).

Except, it doesn't. It warps me 3 steps to the left. And going into your house warps you to the middle of the van...

Anyway to fix this?

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2012
    Hey everyone!

How do you get rid of backgrounds in Visual By Advance so that it is easier to rip graphics? I am trying to rip from Pokémon Mysterious Dungeon Red

Thanks's in advance!

:t131:Micklo

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
    Sorry, I wasn't very clear...

I'm using the warp from the van at the beginning, which'll warp you to the exit of your house (because it is your house... yeah).

Except, it doesn't. It warps me 3 steps to the left. And going into your house warps you to the middle of the van...

Anyway to fix this?

You have probably corrupted something, while editing the Map.
    The easiest and fastest way to fix the error, would be to go back to your backup copy, and re-doing your changes.

But if you have enough time on your hands, you could always check the Level-Script of the Truck Map, and the Littleroot Map, and see if the Warps are automatically set by them.
    Then you could check all the Warps that are affected by the error, and try changing them back to normal.

Hey everyone!

How do you get rid of backgrounds in Visual By Advance so that it is easier to rip graphics? I am trying to rip from Pokémon Mysterious Dungeon Red

Thanks's in advance!

if you go to VBAs "Tools" menu, you will find an entry called "Show", or similar.
    There, you can disable or enable the Graphic layers.

Years
    when i try to compile this script:
    #org 0x800060
    lock
    faceplayer
    checkflag 0x10A
    if 1 jump 0x800070
    special 0x16F
    setflag 0x10A
    fanfare 0x13E
    msgbox 0x800080
    callstd 0x6
    waitfanfare
    release
    end

#org 0x800070
    msgbox 0x800090
    callstd 0x6
    release
    end

#org 0x800090
    = Do you like your new POKéDEX ?

#org 0x800080
    = Your POKéDEX was upgraded!

with scripted i get a runtime error 6 overflow

Cy-Chan

GSC Hacker
    Years
    Thanks, it solved it... but, now another problem. Is it possible to remove the truck completely? I know how to start warped in a different area, but can you get rid of the truck sounds, rumble effect and tile changing (with a different tileset, some of the tiles change spontaneously...)?

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
    when i try to compile this script:
    #org 0x800060
    lock
    faceplayer
    checkflag 0x10A
    if 1 jump 0x800070
    special 0x16F
    setflag 0x10A
    fanfare 0x13E
    msgbox 0x800080
    callstd 0x6
    waitfanfare
    release
    end

#org 0x800070
    msgbox 0x800090
    callstd 0x6
    release
    end

#org 0x800090
    = Do you like your new POKéDEX ?

#org 0x800080
    = Your POKéDEX was upgraded!

with scripted i get a runtime error 6 overflow

Make sure that your ROM is in the same folder as ScriptED, and that it's filename is free of spaces.

Thanks, it solved it... but, now another problem. Is it possible to remove the truck completely? I know how to start warped in a different area, but can you get rid of the truck sounds, rumble effect and tile changing (with a different tileset, some of the tiles change spontaneously...)?

The truck is a bit hard to crack. No one really managed to completely remove it yet.
    All that's curently possible, is changing the area you start in, and removing the sounds, by replacing a few sound pointers.
    The rumbling will still be there.

Cy-Chan

GSC Hacker
    Years
    EDIT: How do movements work? Like, getting someone to move, or moving the main player? And how do you make sprites disappear?

Last edited:

randy13oh

Novie Editor
    Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2007
    Hello everyone i would like to know what are the polemon numbers using scripts. I searched but could not find i dont mean hex like 0100 i mean scripting like 98 for cindaquill and 9B for chikarita. I need to know all but if you dont know all i would like to atleast have mewtwos. Thank You

KoBRe LaiR

Pokemon Forest Nature ©
    Years
    Clayton XD said:
    hello im sorry to ask a question but i seen no other places to so here is what i want to know
    how come every time i use a SMEA it says COMDLG32.OCX or one of its things is not registered right??

thank u
    Well basicly it means that you do not have the COMDLG32.OCX file installed in your computer. You can download it from this link.
    https://www.boletrice.com/downloads/comdlg32.ocx

Hello everyone i would like to know what are the polemon numbers using scripts. I searched but could not find i dont mean hex like 0100 i mean scripting like 98 for cindaquill and 9B for chikarita. I need to know all but if you dont know all i would like to atleast have mewtwos. Thank You
    I don't know if this is what you are looking but I have attached a list with all of the Pokemon's IDs. And I think Mewtwo is 96. But just check the list to be sure. Hope it helps.

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2012
    Hey everyone!

Just another quick question, how do you open .sps save files in Visual Boy Advance. I downloaded one off Gamefaqs and don't know how to open it up!

Thanks in advance

charimon

Yeah hacking !! ^^
    Years
    it was something with load battery file.. gameshark file i think ;) so just load the rom and then go to file -> battery or something -> gameshark file ... i think it was something like that ;)

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
    EDIT: How do movements work? Like, getting someone to move, or moving the main player? And how do you make sprites disappear?

Movement script are called via the "applymovement" command.
    In that command, the Index of the sprite that you want to move, as well as the offset which contains the movement data is determined.
    You can see EliteMap's "commands.html" for more info on it.

How to hide sprites, has been posted in this thread before, and should be easy to find.

i already did that but itt is still not working

I compiled the Script, and didn't encounter any errors.
    Make sure that you have all the needed files for ScriptED in your folder.
    Try re-downloading the EliteMap installer if needed.

>Bent<

awhups
    Years
    I've had a desire to edit text in Pokemon Crystal for a while now, and I finally took the resolve to try. My problem is, I can't figure out how to do it.

First off, I use Translhextion. I followed the following tutorial:
    This will explain how to change text in Translhexion.

If you dont have Translhexion then you can get it at [silence:removed link due to the 15 posts rule]

You will also need a table file for the appropriate version that you are hacking. Can somone post some table files because I have none.

Directions:
    1) Open Program
    2) Go to File>>Open and then open your rom
    3) Go to Script>>Open Table Thingy then open you table file
    4) A Table Toolbar should appear in the top-lefthand corner. Check Thingy View Active.
    5) If done correctly you should see understandable words on the right.
    6) To find the text you want to change go to Search>>Find Using Table
    7) Remember that all Proper names are IN ALL CAPS.
    8) Once you find what you want highlight it
    9) Right click the selected Text and click Dump Script..
    10) When the Dialoge Box Comes up select Screen(Dialogue) instead of File, and then click OK.
    11) Change the text...must be the same amount of letters or less.
    12)Then click re-insert then you are done
    13)Must click File>>Save to save the changes.
    I used the following table file for Pokemon Crystal:
    Code:
    00=A
    01=B
    02=C
    03=D
    04=E
    05=F
    06=G
    07=H
    08=I
    09=J
    0A=K
    0B=L
    0C=M
    0D=N
    0E=O
    0F=P
    10=Q
    11=R
    12=S
    13=T
    14=U
    15=V
    16=W
    17=X
    18=Y
    19=Z
    1A=a
    1B=b
    1C=c
    1D=d
    1E=e
    1F=f
    20=g
    21=h
    22=i
    23=j
    24=k
    25=l
    26=m
    27=n
    28=o
    29=p
    2A=q
    2B=r
    2C=s
    2D=t
    2E=u
    2F=v
    30=w
    31=x
    32=y
    33=z
    34=0
    35=1
    36=2
    37=3
    38=4
    39=5
    3A=6
    3B=7
    3C=8
    3D=9
    3E=A^
    3F=A~
    40=A:
    41=C,
    42=E`
    43=E'
    44=E^
    45=E:
    46=I^
    47=I:
    48=O^
    49=O:
    4A=U^
    4B=U:
    4C=N~
    4D=O'
    4E=U`
    4F=U'
    50=a`
    51=a'
    52=a^
    53=a:
    54=c,
    55=e`
    56=e'
    57=:-
    58=u'
    59=e^
    5A=e:
    5B=i^
    5C=i:
    5D=o^
    5E=i'
    5F=n~
    60=o'
    61=o:
    62=u^
    63=u:
    64=ß
    65=.
    66=,
    67=!
    68=?
    69=;
    6A=:
    6B= 
    6C=¡
    6D=¿
    6E=-
    6F='
    70=/
    71=&
    73=>
    76=$
    78=+
    F1=*
    >
    #
    Then I followed the directions in the tutorial. It worked fine, until I reached step 5. I clicked "Thingy View Active," but there was no comprehensible text to the right. I used the search method described in step 6, but couldn't find anything under MEOWTH or PROF.OAK.

I'm really at a loss as to what to do. I've never experimented with hex before (my only other programming experience is some very basic C).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back