• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2012
    VERY new to Pokemon hacking

Hi,I am a big fat son of a Slaking newb face!Anyways,everytime I use a program other then Advance Map I get a run time error,and when I use a Advance Text,I always get a error that its missing "settings.ini" which it has settings.ini RIGHT NEXT TO IT!Then I get another "run time"error

Please help me fix all these anoying problems.=)
    1 newb can turn into the richest man in the world,look at bill gates!He started somthing in the garage and now...he has a sky scraper!I wont succeed unless I try =)

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2012
    Try extracting VBA into a clean (new) folder, or delete/rename your VBA.ini file to something different like "vba2.ini".
    It's possible that some settings were unintentionally changed, that stop the games from playing.

If that fails as well, you should consider going back to one of your system restore point, from when it still worked.

Thank you so much Scizz for all your help! It now works fine!

:t131:Micklo

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • Hi,I am a big fat son of a Slaking newb face!Anyways,everytime I use a program other then Advance Map I get a run time error,and when I use a Advance Text,I always get a error that its missing "settings.ini" which it has settings.ini RIGHT NEXT TO IT!Then I get another "run time"error

Please help me fix all these anoying problems.=)
    1 newb can turn into the richest man in the world,look at bill gates!He started somthing in the garage and now...he has a sky scraper!I wont succeed unless I try =)

Advance-Text requires the ini-files to be in a folder called "ini".
    Create the folder, and place the "settings.ini" file in it.

What error do you get, if you want to start Advance-Map?
    Please tell us the exact error number/name and description.

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2016
    I search this question before i posting but no any result:
    I replace mewtwo with another new pokemon, then i use advance starter change the new pokemon become one starter. I play the game and when i choose it, the sprite become the image below:
    problem1dk3.png

Then i battle with another pokemon, it become the sprite like image below:
    problem2ra7.png

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • I search this question before i posting but no any result:
    I replace mewtwo with another new pokemon, then i use advance starter change the new pokemon become one starter. I play the game and when i choose it, the sprite become the image below:
    problem1dk3.png

Then i battle with another pokemon, it become the sprite like image below:
    problem2ra7.png

Have have indexed your image wrong.
    The white box around the Pokémon appears, because the first color in the image's palette does not match the background color of the image.

The game will always use the first color of the palette, and display it transparent.

Re-indexing the image will fix your problem.

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2016
    Did you mean the new pokemon background colour not match to the mewtwo background colour before i replacing? I not so understand...sorry....If you can, please explain to me again....

Sorry for my broken english...

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2016
    What he means is. You will need to go into a program like Photoshop and edit the image's pallete so that White is the first colour.

Thanks alot, but after i insert it, the colour had a bit messed up...But nvm thx a lot...

Hi, how do I change the pokemons names and attacks?

Use Name Editor Advance or Advance text to edit names. Then about attack, I dont know it sorry...

shirokiryuu

L'Arc Fanatic
    Years
  • I already tried using the search feature, but due to my newbie-ness nothing relevent came up.

Anyways, is there is way to edit the player's sprite using Advance Map?

DarkVirusMan

Lord and Master of Jesus Ranch
    Years
  • hi does anyone know how to edit what it says in the pokedex? ive been trying to figure it out for a while now but without results.

Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Aug 26, 2015
    hi does anyone know how to edit what it says in the pokedex? ive been trying to figure it out for a while now but without results.

I believe the program dexter does that. it comes with elitemap

check the tools section for the tools and website reference listings to find this.

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • I already tried using the search feature, but due to my newbie-ness nothing relevent came up.

Anyways, is there is way to edit the player's sprite using Advance Map?

There is no way to edit any sprites with Advance-Map.
    For that, you can use the Overworld Sprite Editor, which is obtainable from the Tools Showcase.

hi does anyone know how to edit what it says in the pokedex? ive been trying to figure it out for a while now but without results.

There are currently two methods you can use:
    - Use a Hex-Editor and Table file
    - Use Advance-Text

Both are obtainable from a site, listed in the Hacking Tools Reference in the Tools Showcase.

Years
  • im trying to make a trainer but if i talk to that trainer nothing is happening this is the script that i used:

#org 0x169F7A
    trainerbattle 0x0 0x128 0x0 0x818F7F3 0x818F824
    msgbox 0x818F840 '"O and did i te..."
    callstd 0x6
    end

#org 0x18F7F3
    = Hi its me again lets battle i wanne know wo's better

#org 0x18F824
    = Ok you win i lost but the next time i will win

#org 0x18F840
    = O and did i tell you that i got the 8 kanto badges

can someone tell me what i did wrong

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2007
    I've been trying to script lately, and I'm trying to do a completely overhaul of all non-ASM elements of the game starting from the beginning (I've already finished the title screen and Birch Intro)

I understand scripting except for 2 parts right now.

1) How do you know which setflag variables do what? I've seen them in a ton of scripts I've been looking through and I don't know what they trigger.

2) I can't find the exact location for the starting script where you get off of the truck and MOM starts talking to you. I've found the general location based on the pointer to the text and I thought it started at 0x1436D1, but when I open the location in ScriptED, it doesn't read it correctly, and when I recompile it, it changes all the 0xAE's into 0xB6's and the 0x51's into 0x28's in the hex editor. So I just assume that I'm not opening the script at the right location (I can't find the pointer to the script from that location in the ROM anyways), or mabye its something more than that?

Heres what ScriptED reads (it doesn't look right due to those weird call functions and #raw commands)

Code:
    '-----------------------
    #org 0x14D631
    applymovement APPLYMOVE_PLAYER 0x814D6C0
    pause 0x0
    #raw 0xAC
    call 0xAE800580 
    #raw 0x55
    call 0x44F00 
    #raw 0xAC
    #raw 0xD6
    copyscriptbanks 0x8 0x51
    nop
    nop
    #raw 0xAD
    call 0xAE800580 
    pause 0xA
    applymovement 0x4 0x814D6AE
    pause 0x0
    msgbox 0x816A7C9 '"MOM: \v\h01, we're h..."
    callstd 0x4
    #raw 0x68
    applymovement 0x4 0x814D6B1
    applymovement APPLYMOVE_PLAYER 0x814D6B8
    pause 0x0
    #raw 0xAC
    call 0xAE800580 
    applymovement 0x4 0x814D6B5
    applymovement APPLYMOVE_PLAYER 0x814D6BD
    pause 0x0
    setflag 0x2F0
    setvar 0x4092 0x3
    #raw 0x59
    #raw 0xFF
    nop
    nop
    nop
    #raw 0xAD
    call 0xAE800580 
    clearflag 0x364
    clearflag 0x4000
    return

'-----------------------

'---------
    ' Strings
    '---------
    #org 0x16A7C9
    = MOM: \v\h01, we're here, honey!\pIt must be tiring riding with our things\nin the moving truck.\pWell, this is LITTLEROOT TOWN.\pHow do you like it?\nThis is our new home!\pIt has a quaint feel, but it seems to be\nan easy place to live, don't you think?\pAnd, you get your own room, \v\h01!\nLet's go inside.

'-----------
    ' Movements
    '-----------
    #raw 45 'JumpRight
    #raw 14 'Delay4
    #raw 14 'Delay4
    #raw 14 'Delay4
    #raw FE 'Exit

#raw 8 'Down2
    #raw 27 'StLeft4
    #raw FE 'Exit

#raw 14 'Delay4
    #raw 13 'Delay3
    #raw 9 'Up2
    #raw FE 'Exit

#raw 14 'Delay4
    #raw 13 'Delay3
    #raw B 'Right2
    #raw 26 'StUp4
    #raw FE 'Exit

#raw 9 'Up2
    #raw 54 'Hide
    #raw FE 'Exit

#raw 9 'Up2
    #raw 9 'Up2
    #raw FE 'Exit

I apologize if this had already been discussed before, but I couldn't find anything directly relevant using the search function here... all I found was an inconclusive thread on Acmlm's Board using Google.

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
  • im trying to make a trainer but if i talk to that trainer nothing is happening this is the script that i used:

#org 0x169F7A
    trainerbattle 0x0 0x128 0x0 0x818F7F3 0x818F824
    msgbox 0x818F840 '"O and did i te..."
    callstd 0x6
    end

#org 0x18F7F3
    = Hi its me again lets battle i wanne know wo's better

#org 0x18F824
    = Ok you win i lost but the next time i will win

#org 0x18F840
    = O and did i tell you that i got the 8 kanto badges

can someone tell me what i did wrong

Everythings to seems to okie, did you repoint the script aswell sweetie?

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2016
    Maybe you deleted my post before, but i am pretty sure this wasn't answered before, so i will try to explain better. I have searched multiple times this thread, putting "trainers", "trainerbattle" or things like that. I have seen many scripts, but in all of them the trainerbattle command uses an existing ID. I mean, they are actually adding a new sprite to act like a trainer, but they aren't adding a new ID for it, they are using existing IDs, so the battle will have the same pokemons as the old trainer with that ID.
    In emerald the last ID for a trainer is 352, i actually made a large table with all trainers, their IDs, and their pokemons. Some of them have attacks too (like the gym leaders). I know the last id for a trainer used in emerald should be 352. I want for example to add new IDs (from 360 to 3FF for example) and add also the data of the pokes they have.

EDIT:
    Another thing: i wrote a new thread in Hacks Showcase, with a fairly simple hack but i think it will be interesting to many people. I read the rules, but it didn't appear. The unique rule it didn't respect is the one about screenshots, but this is because there aren't actually any good screenshots to take, because i didn't edit any maps, sprites or another graphic, just all hexediting...

EDIT FOR THE EDIT:
    The thread appeared, after 2 days...:D

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back