• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
  • im trying to make a trainer but if i talk to that trainer nothing is happening this is the script that i used:

can someone tell me what i did wrong

Your script is looking okay.
    You might have chosen bad offsets or a wrong Trainer-ID.
    Verify the Trainer-ID, and if the problem still exists, try using different offsets.

I've been trying to script lately, and I'm trying to do a completely overhaul of all non-ASM elements of the game starting from the beginning (I've already finished the title screen and Birch Intro)

I understand scripting except for 2 parts right now.

1) How do you know which setflag variables do what? I've seen them in a ton of scripts I've been looking through and I don't know what they trigger.

2) I can't find the exact location for the starting script where you get off of the truck and MOM starts talking to you. I've found the general location based on the pointer to the text and I thought it started at 0x1436D1, but when I open the location in ScriptED, it doesn't read it correctly, and when I recompile it, it changes all the 0xAE's into 0xB6's and the 0x51's into 0x28's in the hex editor. So I just assume that I'm not opening the script at the right location (I can't find the pointer to the script from that location in the ROM anyways), or mabye its something more than that?

Heres what ScriptED reads (it doesn't look right due to those weird call functions and #raw commands)

I apologize if this had already been discussed before, but I couldn't find anything directly relevant using the search function here... all I found was an inconclusive thread on Acmlm's Board using Google.

1) No one has made a list for them yet. If you're interested in finding out what they trigger, you can always create a test script activatinng them, and see what happens, of have a look at existing scripts, and try to figure out what they trigger in said script.

2) The exact offset of the "Out-of-Truck" part from the Littleroot Level script has not been found yet, as it seems to differ from regular "Map-enter" or "Warp-enter" events.

ScriptED has many problems with reading scripts.
    If you're really after a specific script, you should go the Hex way.

Maybe you deleted my post before, but i am pretty sure this wasn't answered before, so i will try to explain better. I have searched multiple times this thread, putting "trainers", "trainerbattle" or things like that. I have seen many scripts, but in all of them the trainerbattle command uses an existing ID. I mean, they are actually adding a new sprite to act like a trainer, but they aren't adding a new ID for it, they are using existing IDs, so the battle will have the same pokemons as the old trainer with that ID.
    In emerald the last ID for a trainer is 352, i actually made a large table with all trainers, their IDs, and their pokemons. Some of them have attacks too (like the gym leaders). I know the last id for a trainer used in emerald should be 352. I want for example to add new IDs (from 360 to 3FF for example) and add also the data of the pokes they have.

EDIT:
    Another thing: i wrote a new thread in Hacks Showcase, with a fairly simple hack but i think it will be interesting to many people. I read the rules, but it didn't appear. The unique rule it didn't respect is the one about screenshots, but this is because there aren't actually any good screenshots to take, because i didn't edit any maps, sprites or another graphic, just all hexediting...

EDIT FOR THE EDIT:
    The thread appeared, after 2 days...:D

What programs can change pallette colors for overworld sprites besides Paint Shop Pro? And how?

(I used the search function and only found a tutorial on PSP)

You could try repointing the whole Trainer-tables, so that you have enough room at the end to add your new Trainer.
    Once you've done that, you should be able to call your new Trainer be the next ID.

_-Davie-_

Hacker Elite
    Years
  • Help With A Trainer Sprite!!..please?

I know many people get irritated by the same continuous question on sprites however i have done many successful sprites and put them in my hack pokemon and trainer. One of the random features of my hack is that the main boy trainer is Cloud from Final Fantasy 7 and the main girl trainer is Tifa from Final Fantasy 7. Cloud worked out great and i thought tifa was also but it went wrong. I kept her the right size and followed the right pallette (as you will see in attatchments) but a black-ish blue-ish colour i had for quite a lot of her for some reason turned brown when viewed in the game. Can anyone give me answers to why this happened!?!?
    Thanks In Advance,
    ~Davie~

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Aug 26, 2015
    Scripts

im looking to start a hack over almost from scratch (well with the scripts anyway)

can anyone give me the script commands to give you the main badges and could someone give me the basic move player commands? thanks.

Cursed

Godking Ragnarok CXVII
    Years
  • Well, i don't think you understood my question. I was asking if there was an alternative tool to cyclone for title screens.

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2007
    ...for some reason turned brown when viewed in the game. Can anyone give me answers to why this happened!?!?

Look into pallete editing.

can anyone give me the script commands to give you the main badges

Setflag &H807 /First Badge
    Setflag &H808 /Second Badge
    Setflag &H809 /Third Badge
    Setflag &H80A /Fourth Badge
    Setflag &H80B /Fifth Badge
    Setflag &H80C /Sixth Badge
    Setflag &H80D /Seventh Badge
    Setflag &H80E /Eighth Badge

Those ONLY work for Ruby, mabye Sapphire. The Emerald/Fire Red/Leaf Green haven't been documented but you can find them by examining each of the gym leader's scripts.

and could someone give me the basic move player commands? thanks.

This is certainly not a complete list, but it's the basic movements which is what you asked for. Its the one I use when I'm scripting and it suits my needs.

Code:
    00 - Look Down
    01 - Look Up
    02 - Look Left
    03 - Look Right
    04 - Slowly Walk Down
    05 - Slowly Walk Up
    06 - Slowly Walk Left
    07 - Slowly Walk Right
    08 - Walk Down
    09 - Walk Up
    0A - Walk Left
    0B - Walk Right
    0C - Jump Down
    0D - Jump Up
    0E - Jump Left
    0F - Jump Right
    10-14 - Stay Still
    15 - Run Down
    16 - Run Up
    17 - Run Left
    18 - Run Right
    21 - Run in Place - Look Down
    22 - Run in Place - Look Up
    23 - Run in Place - Look Left
    24 - Run in Place - Look Right
    54 - Hide
    55 - Show
    56 - Trainer exclamation point
    57 - Question mark
    58 - Love heart

Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Aug 26, 2015
    Look into pallete editing.

Setflag &H807 /First Badge
    Setflag &H808 /Second Badge
    Setflag &H809 /Third Badge
    Setflag &H80A /Fourth Badge
    Setflag &H80B /Fifth Badge
    Setflag &H80C /Sixth Badge
    Setflag &H80D /Seventh Badge
    Setflag &H80E /Eighth Badge

Those ONLY work for Ruby, mabye Sapphire. The Emerald/Fire Red/Leaf Green haven't been documented but you can find them by examining each of the gym leader's scripts.

This is certainly not a complete list, but it's the basic movements which is what you asked for. Its the one I use when I'm scripting and it suits my needs.

Code:
    00 - Look Down
    01 - Look Up
    02 - Look Left
    03 - Look Right
    04 - Slowly Walk Down
    05 - Slowly Walk Up
    06 - Slowly Walk Left
    07 - Slowly Walk Right
    08 - Walk Down
    09 - Walk Up
    0A - Walk Left
    0B - Walk Right
    0C - Jump Down
    0D - Jump Up
    0E - Jump Left
    0F - Jump Right
    10-14 - Stay Still
    15 - Run Down
    16 - Run Up
    17 - Run Left
    18 - Run Right
    21 - Run in Place - Look Down
    22 - Run in Place - Look Up
    23 - Run in Place - Look Left
    24 - Run in Place - Look Right
    54 - Hide
    55 - Show
    56 - Trainer exclamation point
    57 - Question mark
    58 - Love heart

thankyou so much kabismeboy!!!

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 11, 2023
    I'm having some problems with PET. I have dumped all of the sprites through RSBall, and I have Pokeroms.ini and I have the ROM in the same folder as PET. I can edit the E4 fine, but when I came to edit Roxanne, it screwed up. When I tried to change her Geodude to a Goldeen, a Spinda came up instead:S Not only that, when I try and change it back, it just stays as a Spinda. And when I try and scan through the Pokémon, it doesn't go in the order of the PokéDex. Can anyone help me?

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • how do you add a secret base in ruby??????

You will have to add a new map, copy the level script of a secret base, and assign it to that map.

Is there an alternative to using cyclone for title screens?

The only alternative you have, is a Hex-Editor, together with TLP and unLZ-GBA.

I'm having some problems with PET. I have dumped all of the sprites through RSBall, and I have Pokeroms.ini and I have the ROM in the same folder as PET. I can edit the E4 fine, but when I came to edit Roxanne, it screwed up. When I tried to change her Geodude to a Goldeen, a Spinda came up instead:S Not only that, when I try and change it back, it just stays as a Spinda. And when I try and scan through the Pokémon, it doesn't go in the order of the PokéDex. Can anyone help me?

Does this happen to other Trainers as well?
    PET is known to have some bugs with Gym-Leaders or Elite 4 Trainers.

The Pokémon list in the game is never arranged like the PokéDEX.
    The PokéDEX list is determined at some part of the game, from the list of Pokémon.

I have a question,is it possible to copy the scripts in pokemon Gold and script them in an advance generation game.

Theoretically, yes. However, you are not able to copy them byte for byte and insert them in an Advance game, as they use different commands.
    What you could do, is examine the Script in Gold and try to port it over to the Advance games, by re-writing it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2011
    You will have to add a new map, copy the level script of a secret base, and assign it to that map.

The only alternative you have, is a Hex-Editor, together with TLP and unLZ-GBA.

Does this happen to other Trainers as well?
    PET is known to have some bugs with Gym-Leaders or Elite 4 Trainers.

The Pokémon list in the game is never arranged like the PokéDEX.
    The PokéDEX list is determined at some part of the game, from the list of Pokémon.

Theoretically, yes. However, you are not able to copy them byte for byte and insert them in an Advance game, as they use different commands.
    What you could do, is examine the Script in Gold and try to port it over to the Advance games, by re-writing it.

thank you,I dont see why people doing a remake wont do this,and what do you mean by different commands.

I have another question,I want to make a ADvance Gold remake,but is it possible revamp the GSC music and port(or use a vexing process) it into the rom I am hacking

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • thank you,I dont see why people doing a remake wont do this,and what do you mean by different commands.

I have another question,I want to make a ADvance Gold remake,but is it possible revamp the GSC music and port it into the rom I am hacking

Different commands, as in, different structure and values for specific script parts.

That's possible, but you will have to do a lot of editing to them, so that the GBC songs sound acceptable in a GBA game.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2011
    Different commands, as in, different structure and values for specific script parts.

That's possible, but you will have to do a lot of editing to them, so that the GBC songs sound acceptable in a GBA game.

you have made my life so much easier thanks

TreeckoLv.100

You can call me Treecko
    Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Nov 17, 2010
    Okay, I've spent almost 2 hours using the search function as I was suppose to do. I found a about 4-5 people that have the same problem as me, but no one has answered them. I used scripted and DiamondCutter to insert scripts into the game. My ROM is in the same folder as them, there are no spaces in the ROM's name. I've inserted scripts before with no problem using DiamondCutter. My problem is, when I insert a script, change the offset of a person to the script's offset, then talk to the person that I gave the script to, that person doesn't respond at all. So I gave him the "HelloWorld" script already in EliteMap, same things happens. Why doesn't it work?

The_Dark_Lord_Dacka

Dark Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2006
    Maybe its just too old, But I am trying to create a r/b or g/s hack, and have the pokemon changed to ones i created in the pokedex. A little help plz. I have searched the forums, I want to start with r/b and then do g/s. help plz. r/b hacks just seema outdated.

Years
  • Im trying to make givepokemon script that will give you a rioru but if you talk to the sprite nothing is happining the pokemon i replesed is the first ? after celebi and this is the script:

#org 0x800000
    checkflag 0x93F
    if 0 0x837550
    if 1 0x837590
    end

#org 0x8001E0
    message 0x8004F0
    boxset 0x2
    givepokemon 0xFC 0x09 0x00
    setflag 0x93F
    end

#org 0x837590
    message 0x8006D0
    boxset 0x2
    end

#org 0x8004F0
    = Here a Rioru its a rare pokemon in the Shinou region

#org 0x8006D0
    = And do you like Rioru?

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • Okay, I've spent almost 2 hours using the search function as I was suppose to do. I found a about 4-5 people that have the same problem as me, but no one has answered them. I used scripted and DiamondCutter to insert scripts into the game. My ROM is in the same folder as them, there are no spaces in the ROM's name. I've inserted scripts before with no problem using DiamondCutter. My problem is, when I insert a script, change the offset of a person to the script's offset, then talk to the person that I gave the script to, that person doesn't respond at all. So I gave him the "HelloWorld" script already in EliteMap, same things happens. Why doesn't it work?

Did you verify that the script was inserted at all?
    Open the ROM in a Hex-Editor, go to the offset your Script is supposed to be, and see if it is there.

If it is there, you should try using a different offset, as it's possible that you chose a bad one, which is not accepted by the game.

Maybe its just too old, But I am trying to create a r/b or g/s hack, and have the pokemon changed to ones i created in the pokedex. A little help plz. I have searched the forums, I want to start with r/b and then do g/s. help plz. r/b hacks just seema outdated.

Uh...your question is? o.o;

Im trying to make givepokemon script that will give you a rioru but if you talk to the sprite nothing is happining the pokemon i replesed is the first ? after celebi and this is the script:

#org 0x800000
    checkflag 0x93F
    if 0 0x837550
    if 1 0x837590
    end

#org 0x8001E0
    message 0x8004F0
    boxset 0x2
    givepokemon 0xFC 0x09 0x00
    setflag 0x93F
    end

#org 0x837590
    message 0x8006D0
    boxset 0x2
    end

#org 0x8004F0
    = Here a Rioru its a rare pokemon in the Shinou region

#org 0x8006D0
    = And do you like Rioru?

Code:
    if 0 0x837550
    You have no data assigned to that offset, which is the reason nothing is happening.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back