• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
    tharding6 said:
    Thnx I Got It Fixed!
    P.s How Do You Change What Items Are In A Pokemart/ Is There Anyway Taht Oak Can Give You Great Balls?
    With Advance-Mart or a Hex-Editor.

Yes, just change his script and replace the bytes of the Item that he gives to you.
    You can do that either with a Hex.Editor, or change it with ScriptED.
    These are the commands to look for:
    Code:
    copyvarifnotzero 0x8000 0x4
    copyvarifnotzero 0x8001 0x5

Aon said:
    How does the overall map work?

I expected that at the end of each map there would be an exit
    leading on to the next map, but there is nothing. Is there a way to
    check the entire map and fiddle around with which maps move onto which
    other maps?
    Can someone plz clarify how this works. Thanks in advance.

Also, is there an editor that can make pokemon learn Aditional attacks, not just change which ones.

They work with a connection table. You can set them in the "Connection Manager" of Advance-Map easily.
    The game reads the connection table of a Map and then displays the Map which has been specified there, on the direction which has been specified there.

You have to repoint the Attack-Data of the Pokémon in order to be able to add new attacks. If you don't plan to repoint, you can only change existing ones.

Christos said:
    How do i compile the scripts?When i save the script as an .rbc in Scripted it won't open.But when i write .rbc next to it opens but i can't compile it.And one time i compiled it with my rom and it said program halted and the script didn't work!!Can anyone help me please.....I have to do the scripts to finish the beta for my hack.Igf you want to see it go to the link from my sig.
    Make sure the rom and your .rbc file are in the same directory as EliteMap/ScriptED.
    Also remove all spaces from the filenames.

blast said:
    I've got question - Which number in unLZ-GBA are tilesets from pokecenter?
    And once more thing - In my hack doesn't play music at all locations, can you help me?
    ...what ROM are you talking about? Ruby? Fire-Red?

Are you sure you have assigned a music to the place you are talking about?
    Have you set it to an unused music value by accident?

camperdave said:
    OK - If I write an RBC script, how do I put it in the rom?

Even if I need to overwrite an existing thing, how do I do it?

I found an offset- I think. It was an area of FF's and I used it.

Now how do I patch the script to the rom?

It's called compiling a Script to the ROM.
    This has been answered on the past pages of this thread, go back a few pages and you'll find the answer. (You can use the search function to search within this thread aswell.)

bluejay said:
    I NEW SO HELP ME!!! i want to make a fire red hack and add my own pokemon,characters,story line,regions,etc. what hack tools do i need and where could i download it? i have that flash card thing and once i finish my hack i would wish to put it on there. how would i do that also.
    See the Hacking Tools Reference in the Tools Showcase.
    It contain a list of tools and descriptions what they can do, also what games they can be used for and where to download them.
    Then you just pick the ones that can change the things you want.

You just copy the modified ROM on your cartridge with the Linker program that came with it, just as you would do with any other ROM.

Tuor said:
    For Saphire: How can you make a Poke Ball have the same sucess rate as a Master Ball?
    That catch rate is probably set in the Itemdata of the Ball. So copying the Itemdata of the Masterball overwriting the one of the Pokémon should work.

zapdos123 said:
    I'm a n00b.
    I am trying to hack Ruby and I need someone who can teachme. I have Advance Map and Hexecute.
    The best way to learn is to start fiddling around in the programs you are using and trying to get used to them. Tutorials and Documents in the Tutorial forum might help you on this aswell.

Chronix said:
    How do you change Birch in the intro to Sapphire? also where can i download Trainer battle customizer XP? I cant find it anywhere.
    The Birch sprite in the Intro is uncompressed, you can't edit it with unLZ-GBA.
    You need to use TLP or Tile Molester to edit it instead, as it has been answered on the past pages of this thread already. The offsets where to find the Sprite have also been given there, so I suggest you to have a look at the past pages. (The search function will help you.)

https://magicstone.de/rhw/index.php?action=rstools
    (A Site mentioned in the Hacking Tools Reference.)

Twilight Seraph

Pie Lord
    Years
    I've been trying to add my own sprites for the Pokemon Emerald hack I'm working on and whenever I try to add it with unLZ-GBA, it gives the message "Image is not Indexed." and doesn't work (I made sure that the image was indexed and it still didn't work). And when I reduce the number of colours in the sprite then index it and try to add it using unLZ-GBA it works, but the colours get messed up and it has a screwed up background. How can I fix this?

Btw, I've tried to give the sprites transparent colour but when I do that, unLZ-GBA gives the same message "Image is not indexed", even though I DID index it!

Kaeru_ike

Teruki - Miku - Bou - Kanon
    Years
    Unlz palette stuff

Hey y'all, i'm making a hack named Pokèmon Lightstream and i have some trouble... When i'm editing the hero sprite(FireRed) in unLZ-GBA, i replace it with a new one that has a yellow hat instead but the palettes doesn't fit so the sprite gets wrong. How do i change the palette of the sprite so it doen't turn crazy?

Teh Baro

In my times...!
    Years
    easy with unlzgba. The image you're using is indexed, isn't it? (I mean, the colors it has are in a pallete). Then scroll unlzgba palletes (next pallete/previous pallete) to the pallete of the hero. Then, import your image, and when saving, activate the export pallete thing

Years
    • it/its
    • Seen Nov 26, 2022
    Is it possible to fix the animations of doors opening (and other various animations) in a Pokemon Advance game, if you've edited Tilesets or Blocks with AdvanceMap?

Thanks!
    -Perappu

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    Need Help with Goldmap for Gold and Silver

Does anyone know the Text Bank and the Text Block so that guy in Ilex Forest will give you cut?

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Apr 24, 2006
    How to change the prof birch

What i meant is how to change the prof.birchs picture at starting intro?

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    When I import a 16 colour GIF image in unlz and I write it into the rom it is not in because when i press next and then previous it'so only green.Why?Can anyone help me?

w_rink_ly

Novice Hacker
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2024
    How can pokemon icons (small sprites you see in your team line up) be edited using tile molester?

Years
    I have a question. Where is te pokemon rubie's music (which offset), cause I destroyed rom, and music doesn't play

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2016
    Hi, I've got one problem with wild pokemon battle script (like this with Rayquaza, Regi or Voltorb in New Mauville). I wrote the same script of battle that Voltorbs in New Mauville has and I changed setflag, pokemon data, level data, etc. My script (battle with Bulbasaur on 5 lvl) looks this:

6A 5A B6 01 00 05 00 00 30 A1 01 00 02 00 28 28 00 C5 29 52 01 29 61 08 B7 2A 61 08 6C 02

And Bulbasaur doesn't disappear after battle but when I go out to other map or house. Where is a problem?

PS. Sorry for my bad english, if this post is really hard to read ^.^" .

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2007
    Start with National Pokedex

Does anyone know how to hack pokemon ruby and sapphire so that when you start the game Professor Birch will give you the National Pokedex instead of the Hoenn Pokedex?

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    Is there a Pokemon Editor for G/S?

Are there any Pokemon editors for Gold and Silver?

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2011
    Scripting for a New Hacker.

Hello.

I have already wrote my first script in rubikode.

I know how to use elite map to change the offset of the sign.

How do I get the script into the gba at the offset so I can call it?

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    How can I add overworld sprites in a rom?Does anyone know which program does that?

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2011
    In scripted what does:

Run-time Error '53';
    File not Found

mean?

the script, scripted and the rom are all in the same directory - why can't it find something?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back