• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2011
    Can you use unlz gba to change the pallet of a pokemon/ trainer's image?

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    So, you didn't search for it i suppose, because if you did, you had to find direct link to it from it's programmer. But, here it is: ADVANCEMAP THREAD

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2015
    I meant advance battle, sorry not advance map. And plus even that link is broken.

Years
  • Hack Or Save For Emerald

can any1 say what i need to get all the pokemon in emerald

i'm searching for a save game or hack to get all the pokemon

or is there a hack to get all the 3 pokmon in the bigin

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Zereox said:
    When i use advance Map i always have my Tileset on the side but now its a tile big how can i make go back to a bigger size
    I don't understand what you mean.If you mean the map is bigger you should make sure that in Settings>Map View Size nothing has a tick cause that enlarges the size of the map.

Pokepearl said:
    How can i change the starters of FireRed? I try it with FLEX, but i get a runtime error
    DS starter changer is a good starter changer.Try that.Ot can be found in Tools Showcase.

du1387 said:
    Can you use unlz gba to change the pallet of a pokemon/ trainer's image?
    You can by clicking on next Pal or previous pal in unLZ.

Is there a trainer editor that works with emerald and change the trainer and gym leders's names and pokemon?
    And can anyone tell me the oofset of the trainer backsprites for emerald in unLZ?

cyber_killer

Ahoi thar.
    Years
  • Christos said:
    A good tool is Advance Map 1.80/1.81 which works with emerald and you can change the wild pokemon you find in each place.
    A good starter changer is DS starter changer.
    You can find them in Tools Showcase.

Heh, thanks, never thought I could be so blind to miss that Advance Map ><
    I couldn't find the starter changer though; could you perhaps link it?
    And while I'm posting I might aswell ask for a Evolution lvl editor, if anyone cares to tell me :>

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2010
    I try tot edit the starters with DS STARTER and FLEX, but i get always a runtime error... How can in change them than? (no hex)

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    My friend, we can't help you if you don't want to change with hex. Go to the Documents section and learn HEX! It will make your work A LOT EASIER! Really, Starter changers can't edit your first battle etc. If you need to learn it, here's a tut how to change them in HEX.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    cyber_killer said:
    Heh, thanks, never thought I could be so blind to miss that Advance Map ><
    And while I'm posting I might aswell ask for a Evolution lvl editor, if anyone cares to tell me :>

An Evolution lvl editor is Pokemon Amplifier

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • Legendary_Reploid_Zero said:
    i get scripting but i'm a little mixed up on how to have a script like this:
    The script is for receiving a Chikorita or a Cyndaquil based on gender. (credits to Dark_E)
    My problem is that, the script works alright, but then when I open the Start Menu, Retire appears and asks if I want
    to go to the Safari Zone. You know when you go to the Safari Zone, your menu changes. And I don't know why it happened. Something wrong with the script?

2. Also when I compile a script into my rom I get this:
    1. Most likely you have set a wrong flag.
    Those flags depend on the ROM you are using. In Ruby, the Pokémon Party flag is 800, in Emerald it is 860.

2. Seems correct, what's the problem with it?

DarkMastaC said:
    Overworld Map Tiles. Yeah Sorry i Just realivzed everything has a "tile" lol.
    Again there are 2 kinds of tile changing.
    Tile editing, and the actual tile changing.
    If you want to edit Map tiles (as in Tileset editing), you have to export the tileset with unLZ-GBA, edit it (if Image export in an Image editing program, or if RAW dump in Tile Molester or TLP), then import them again.
    If you just want to change the appearence of tiles in Map blocks, you can do that with Advance-Map's Block Editor.

Mini said:
    i'm hacking Saphire though
    is there anyone that can help me im new to hex code and i want my character too be able to walk on the new tiles and i want to change the main character sprites
    Starter changing is one of the easiest things you can do with a Hex-Editor, and it's actually faster than using a Program.
    See the R/S/E starter changing tutorial in the Tutorial forum.

You can change the Movement permissions on a Map if you use the "Movement permissions view" of Advance-Map.

Overworld Sprites can be edited by using either Spread, Overworld Sprite Editor or TLP/Tile Molester.

h4Ck3R said:
    ty scizz, i didnt know u replied to my post. btw, does anyone know a guide that shows all the pokemon that appear in the routes of pokemon g/s and their levels? ty
    www.gamefaqs.com has some useful guide. There should be some containing the Route Pokémon aswell.

Razzzzzza said:
    How do I do the cheat codes on the Rom, Im looking to do it for fire red/ Leaf Green, sorry if this is wrong forum only place that sounded like it fits.
    Simply go to the "Cheat list" menu of your VBA, click the button according to the cheat code type you want to enter (Gameshark, Codebreaker, ...) and enter the code.
    That's it.

Mini said:
    can someone please post an attached BaseEsit for me because whenever i download it it come up with an error or its corrupted
    Always use the official link from the Hacking Tools Reference.
    The file is not corrupt, nor is it not working.
    However, it has offset limitations.
    So if you want to load a ROM that is not supported yet, you'll have to find the offsets yourself using a Hex-Editor. (Hint: Copy, Find, Write down.)

Evil_Sasuke said:
    Does anyone know all the offsets to the gym leaders and elite fours pokemon for hex? Because PET, Advance battle costumizer and trainer ed doest work.
    TrainED and PET give you a offset in the "Pokémon/Pokémon Offset" box.
    At this offset, the Pokémon of the Trainer and their Attack data are stored.
    Just go to that offset in your Hex-Editor and change the Pokémon and Attack values.

Blazichu said:
    Everytime I load a (U) Gold or Silver Rom it comes with Run error 13 Type Mismatch,
    Is there any way to make it work with (U) Roms?
    Type mismatch usually indicates wrong offsets.
    To fix this, you would have to adjust the offset manually with a Hex-Editor.
    Just load a supported ROM in it, go to the offsets mentioned in the INI, copy the bytes and search those bytes in the unsupported ROM, then write down the offset you find them at.

Pokepearl said:
    In firered i made a sandstorm, but how can i put pokemon in that storm? Like R/S/E...
    The Pokémon do not appear in the Sandstorm.
    They appear on the Sand tiles, which were given the "Grass attribute" so Pokémon are able to appear on them.
    You just have to adjust your tile's behaviour.

Pokepearl said:
    Eh... I have putted some Psyduck in my hack, but how can i give them a script?
    In every Map editor you'll use, you'll find a box labeled "Script" or "Script offset".
    Just enter the offset to your Script in that box.

hitme2k5 said:
    Hi, how do i make Prof. Oak take you to a different spot after you walk in the grass at the start of the game? Because i have moved the Lab, and Prof. Oak still walks to the same spot as before and enters a warp that isn't there. How do i make him take me to the new place? Thanks.
    You have to adjust his movement data.
    How has been explained here before.
    Just have a look through the back pages. (The search function will help.)

Mini said:
    When I play my hack and i choose my pokemon it does this how can i fix it
    Make sure you stayed within the character limit of the Pokémon name and the Pokémon's Pokedex species.
    Looks like you have overwritten the textborders.

XxGreivousxX said:
    Where do I get Advanced Battle v3.00? The link is broken.
    A thread with Advance-Battle attached has been posted in the Main Hacking forum.

cyber_killer said:
    Any chance some of you have any Emerald tools? I've been searching for a starter changer, and I found Scizz responding "Hex it" to it everytime, and I'm lazy, so I'd like a tool ^^
    I'd also like a wild pokémon editor, if possible.
    And if someone happens to have a 386 patch, that'd be appreciated aswell ^^
    There is no tool yet.
    So you'll have to "hex it".
    A nice tutorial has been posted in the Tutorial forum. It is actually easier than doing it with a program.

A Wild Pokémon Editor is included in Advance-Map and EliteMap (bewildered).

There is no 386 patch right now, all links to one are broken by now, so you would have to create your own.
    (Which is not that difficult if you edit the WIld Pokémon on a Map.)

Snyder said:
    can any1 say what i need to get all the pokemon in emerald

i'm searching for a save game or hack to get all the pokemon

or is there a hack to get all the 3 pokmon in the bigin
    You just need AdvanceMap.
    Just change the Wild Pokémon on the Maps. That way you can make your own 386 Patch.

cyber_killer said:
    Just do it with a Hex-Editor. It's the easiest and fastest way.
    The Starter changing tutorial in the Tutorial forum explains it pretty well.

Evil_Sasuke said:
    1.does any one know where i can get a costume lucario front and back battle spite for emerald?
    2. Still i have not gotten an answer so does any body know the offsets to the gym leaders pokemon?
    1. You should ask one of the Spriters from the Pixel Art forum.

2. Answered.

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2008
    I'm guessing no one saw my last post so I'm gonna repost it.

ok Can someone tell me the Page where I can Find out how to index sprites for unlZ gba?

Evil_Sasuke

Banned
    Years
  • Scizz said:
    TrainED and PET give you a offset in the "Pokémon/Pokémon Offset" box.
    At this offset, the Pokémon of the Trainer and their Attack data are stored.
    Just go to that offset in your Hex-Editor and change the Pokémon and Attack values.

THANK YOU but i still have a problem when i go to the offset i dont know what to change i dont know which one is the pokemon so does it have a way to find out what is wha?

kage-kami

ok Can someone tell me the Page where I can Find out how to index sprites for unlZ gba?

Download photofilter, I would give a link, but I haven't posted enough yet, just google it.

God, the amount of times I searched the forums trying to find this, i'm glad I could save someone the trouble I had. Good luck with your hack Scizortrainer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Now for my question, to copy directly from my topic which nobody answered to =p:

"Okay, i've opened TLP and went to the offset where the badges are. I edited them to my liking and everything looked fine (I kept within the space limits, and even left the black line inbetween, as it is on the other badges)

But when I open the rom and look at the badges, they have random artifacts around the side, and through the centre is remains of the previous badge (I've even tried drawing over the black line, to no avail) and it even adds artifacts to the next badge along, even though I kept within the space limitations.

Anyone else know of this problem and how to fix it?"

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Scizortrainer said:

First go to unLZ and find the sprite you want.Select save as and save it.Then open the saved pokemon sprite.Erase the other sprite first.With the pick color tool from paint do the background the same as before.Now paste the other pokemon you want to replace and make sure the background is the same as before.Maybe you won't need to index the sprites with this way.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 11, 2023
    FireRed/LeafGreen Tools

Hi, does anyboy know of any tools for changing what Pokémon Trainers have in FireRed? If so, could you post here. Thanks
    EDIT - I have another question, when i try and open a ROM in PET, it comes up with a message that says pokeroms.ini not found download it at helmetedrodent.kickassgamers.com/pokemon. But there's nothing there. I really need help with this.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back