• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
  • TrainerAbu said:
    Can't find it anywhereee, and the creator's site is down :( anyone have Trainer Battle Customizer, for gold/silver? ^^
    Reading the stickied threads in the Rom-Hacking forums will answer most of these questions.
    The Hacking Tools Reference in the Tools Showcase contains a list of sites that offer a lot of Tools for download, including TBC for G/S. (ROM-Hacker's World for example.)

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    I have two questions and I'd appreciate it very much if someone could answer them.

1. For some reason ScriptED comes up with a Run-time error ''53'' file not found. I have all the files installed and the folder's and the ROM's names don't contain any spaces and such, but it still won't work. I'm pretty sure there isn't anything wrong with my script either.

Code:
    #org 0x71BCE0
    message 0x71BCE0
    boxset 0x4
    end

#org 0x71BCE0
    = Me and my NIDORINO have\nbeen together for as\nlong as I can remember.\nWe two are inseperable.
    end

2. How do you give trainers more Pokémon using a hex editor? I have edited the gymleaders in my Firered game, but they don't have enough Pokémon for my needs.

I apologise if these questions have already been answered, but I didn't find the answers using the search function.

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • Smarties-kun said:
    I have two questions and I'd appreciate it very much if someone could answer them.

1. For some reason ScriptED comes up with a Run-time error ''53'' file not found. I have all the files installed and the folder's and the ROM's names don't contain any spaces and such, but it still won't work. I'm pretty sure there isn't anything wrong with my script either.

Code:
    #org 0x71BCE0
    message 0x71BCE0
    boxset 0x4
    end

#org 0x71BCE0
    = Me and my NIDORINO have\nbeen together for as\nlong as I can remember.\nWe two are inseperable.
    end

2. How do you give trainers more Pokémon using a hex editor? I have edited the gymleaders in my Firered game, but they don't have enough Pokémon for my needs.

I apologise if these questions have already been answered, but I didn't find the answers using the search function.
    1. The ROM file has to be in the same folder in which all the ScriptED files are in. (Usually your EliteMap folder.)
    If you remove the "end" command after your text, your script is fine and should compile without problems.

2. By repointing the Pokémon Data. Copy the old Pokémon data and paste it at free space, while adding your new Pokémon at the bottom of it.
    Then calculate the pointer of your new offset and replace the old one with it.

Amoblaz said:
    hey sciz, if i use RSball the sprites have a diff bg color, how can i get rid of this?
    By editing them in an Image editing program.

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2006
    Ah now I'm sure the post isn't posted because the site froze when I posted my question.

Because I have already asked it twice and I'm 100% sure the post isn't deleted but never appeared, here's a list, I'm not going into detail anymore in case the site freezes again:

- When trying to insert the images, I get the error 'Image is not indexed' (something like that). How do I index the images? Also, am I allowed to post pictures below 15 post count (in case I don't get it how to index, and the search function freezes, I'm sorry)? Because there's a restriction not allowing you to advert below 15 post count, but posting images isn't adverting (I hope this is considered on-topic, seeing as it's part of the question).

- Where can I find a program that edits wild pokemon cries? I can't find it in the hacking tools section, a certain site is down forever and the other sites listed don't provide it, and google only finds a question about it on this site, without a link to the actual program. I like to change the cries to the correct cries

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • slipknot335654 said:
    Ah now I'm sure the post isn't posted because the site froze when I posted my question.

Because I have already asked it twice and I'm 100% sure the post isn't deleted but never appeared, here's a list, I'm not going into detail anymore in case the site freezes again:

- When trying to insert the images, I get the error 'Image is not indexed' (something like that). How do I index the images? Also, am I allowed to post pictures below 15 post count (in case I don't get it how to index, and the search function freezes, I'm sorry)? Because there's a restriction not allowing you to advert below 15 post count, but posting images isn't adverting (I hope this is considered on-topic, seeing as it's part of the question).

- Where can I find a program that edits wild pokemon cries? I can't find it in the hacking tools section, a certain site is down forever and the other sites listed don't provide it, and google only finds a question about it on this site, without a link to the actual program. I like to change the cries to the correct cries
    The indexing of Images depends from program to program.
    In Photoshop, going to "Picture->Mode->Indexed" should do the trick.
    In addition, you can edit the indexed colors by going to "Picture->Mode->Color table".

The forum does not allow you to insert IMG-tags in your posts if you have made less than 15 posts.
    However, if the image is relevant to the topic and helps answering your question, feel free to give a text link to it.

Pokémon Crys can be edited with PokeCryGUI, which comes with EliteMap.

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2006
    I only have paint, which doesn't have anything to index images :( so can you do plz?

I hope you mean this with text links:

img86.imageshack.us/img86/4204/deoxysblazikengn0.png

img156.imageshack.us/img156/4303/deoxysblazikenbackts8.png

img156.imageshack.us/img156/8141/deoxyssceptileso1.png

img156.imageshack.us/img156/9595/deoxyssceptilebackra8.png

img86.imageshack.us/img86/7017/deoxysswamperthf4.png

img156.imageshack.us/img156/8823/deoxysswampertbackbs3.png

Like you can see, I decided to port it to fire red. I never played that game and decided it would be better, because on emerald I would probably see a little time-stop because there's no movement pic (or the movement of swampert, blaziken and sceptile)

thanks

Smarties-chan

Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    1. The ROM file has to be in the same folder in which all the ScriptED files are in. (Usually your EliteMap folder.)
    If you remove the "end" command after your text, your script is fine and should compile without problems.
    Nope. It still doesn't work. It still says gives me a ''Runtime error '53' file not found.''

2. By repointing the Pokémon Data. Copy the old Pokémon data and paste it at free space, while adding your new Pokémon at the bottom of it.
    Then calculate the pointer of your new offset and replace the old one with it.
    Thanks, Scizz. I'll try that out.

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • slipknot335654 said:
    I only have paint, which doesn't have anything to index images :( so can you do plz?

I hope you mean this with text links:

Like you can see, I decided to port it to fire red. I never played that game and decided it would be better, because on emerald I would probably see a little time-stop because there's no movement pic (or the movement of swampert, blaziken and sceptile)

thanks
    I see that you just want to port the images from one game to another.
    Simply export the sprite you want in your new game with unLZ-GBA and save it as a PNG file. Then simply import your exported image in the new game.
    Because unLZ-GBA indexes exported images automatically, you shouldn't get any errors about that anymore when importing them in your new game.

Smarties-kun said:
    Nope. It still doesn't work. It still says gives me a ''Runtime error '53' file not found.''
    Then there is something you didn't tell us about, or you didn't follow my last advice correctly. (All required files being in one and the same folder (including the ROM), ROM's filename being free of spaces, etc.)

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2006
    Well, I didn't got errors indeed, but the images are 2 sprites in unlz-gba (64x128 or 128x64, dunno which) (normal Deoxys and the Deoxys I want under it), which caused trouble (normal Deoxys pic in a battle, with a little piece of the one I want under it), so I had to cut the normal Deoxys out of it to make it a nice 64x64 image. Now I get the error the images aren't indexed (probably because I modified it).

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • slipknot335654 said:
    Well, I didn't got errors indeed, but the images are 2 sprites in unlz-gba (64x128 or 128x64, dunno which) (normal Deoxys and the Deoxys I want under it), which caused trouble (normal Deoxys pic in a battle, with a little piece of the one I want under it), so I had to cut the normal Deoxys out of it to make it a nice 64x64 image. Now I get the error the images aren't indexed (probably because I modified it).
    I attached the indexed front and back sprites of Fire-Red, Leaf-Green and Emerald for you. (64x64).
    Though they're saved as GIF-files, unLZ-GBA can read them. When importing, simply select "All files" from the file type list and open the image.
    (If you need to crop them a bit (because of fragmented graphics after importing), you can edit them with Paint. The image will still be indexed if you don't change the palette and use the "Save" entry from the menu.
    How to crop them correctly has been answered in this thread.)

Last edited:

myztikgohan

How do you change the nature of a Pokemon you already caught?

Been trying for the past 10 minutes to get my starter Pokemon with the nature I want.

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • myztikgohan said:
    Been trying for the past 10 minutes to get my starter Pokemon with the nature I want.
    You can change the Nature of an already caught Pokémon either by using a Savegame editor, or by entering a Gameshark/Codebreaker code.
    A code thread is located in the Pokémon Handheld discussion forums.

Smarties-chan

Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Then there is something you didn't tell us about, or you didn't follow my last advice correctly. (All required files being in one and the same folder (including the ROM), ROM's filename being free of spaces, etc.)
    That's the problem. I did everything you said, but it still won't work. I'll give you a screenshot.

problemgp6.png

The highlighted rom is the one I want to change. I have installed the visualbasics and whatnot several times, but that didn't seem to help at all.

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2006
    Woah thanks, now I'm always done :)
    I'm sorry for all the questions, but I have 1 last question(s) about pokecry:

1. Where can I find the Deoxys cry? I can't find it in Sappy
    2. What is the TableOffset, the PokeID (the number of the pokemon?) and the SampleOffset?

asretg

POKéMON Masta
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 7, 2007
    Smarties-kun said:
    That's the problem. I did everything you said, but it still won't work. I'll give you a screenshot.

The highlighted rom is the one I want to change. I have installed the visualbasics and whatnot several times, but that didn't seem to help at all.

Maybe you are missing some files you need for it, my advice is to download it again and then see...

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • Smarties-kun said:

The files needed for ScriptED are the following:

- rkc.exe
    - rkc.bin
    - rubikon.dat
    - scripted.exe
    - std.rbh
    - stditems.rbh
    - stdpoke.rbh

Make sure these files are in your EliteMap directory.
    If they're not, you should re-download the EliteMap installer.

Do you have the same problem if you try compiling to other ROMs?

slipknot335654 said:
    Woah thanks, now I'm always done :)
    I'm sorry for all the questions, but I have 1 last question(s) about pokecry:

1. Where can I find the Deoxys cry? I can't find it in Sappy
    2. What is the TableOffset, the PokeID (the number of the pokemon?) and the SampleOffset?
    1. You can't edit the Pokémon crys with Sappy. You'll have to use PokeCryGUI.

2. Assuming you mean Fire-Red (US), the TableOffset is 48C914, and Deoxy's PokeID is 410.
    The SampleOffset will be calculated automatically.

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2006
    how can I translate pokemon R/S/LG/FR from English to hebrew?
    and what R the programs I need to use?

Noya

Female Hacker ^^
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2006
    Nahuel said:
    You must use Advance-text Scizz made it

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • Nahuel said:
    You will have to use a Hex-Editor + table file to translate the texts, as well as Tile Layer Pro to change the Latin characters to Hebrew ones.

Noya, Advance-Text only supports Latin character sets, and therefore can not be used for that purpose.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back