• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    I used the search function but I didn't get a certain answer:
    How do I import pokemon sprites with different palettes without messing it up.
    EG: I want to put Naetoru in my game.
    So I export Bulbasaur in Unlz.gba and replace Naetoru over it in paint.
    It looks like this:

How do I fix it to look like it normally does? Where have I gone wrong?

Try inserting this Naetoru(https://www.wah.studiopokemon.com/sprites/shinou/Naetle.png )over Bulbasaur, don't replace Naetoru over Bulbasaur in paint, just insert it into Unlz.gba over Bulbasaur, I was having a problem like this before too.

Years
  • in FR how do you edit that FIRERED VERSION text if i open it in TLP it look likes trash the same with the ©2004 gamefreak inc. text someone know why?(it is in the titelscreen)

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2010
    script >.<

hello, my first post here ^^
    anyway, on-topic.

i tried this give-poke script, and copiled it correctly, but when i did talk to the person who was holding that script, nothing happened. you only did hear * click *

Code:
    #org 0x9C1380
    checkflag 0x1FF
    if 0x1 0x9C1490
    message 0x9c1500
    boxset BOXSET_YESNO
    compare LASTRESULT 0x0
    if 0x1 0x9C1480
    givepokemon 0x9E 5 0x0
    #raw 00
    #raw 00
    #raw 00
    #raw 00
    #raw 00
    #raw 00
    #raw 00
    #raw 00
    #raw 00
    #raw 00
    fanfare 0x212
    message 0x9C1600
    boxset 0x2
    waitfanfare
    setflag 0x1FF
    setflag 0x800
    end

#org 0x9C1480
    message 0x9C1570
    boxset 0x6
    end

#org 0x9C1490
    message 0x9C1540
    boxset 0x6
    release
    end

#org 0x9C1500
    = Do you want the WATER-type TOTODILE?
    #org 0x9C1540
    = I can't hold it anymore.
    #org 0x9C1570
    = Please, take it.
    #org 0x9C1600
    = \v\h01 obtained a TOTODILE!

something wrong? or else what to do?

moltres_flames

Legendary Collector
    Years
  • I think you need zerolib.dll

I have attached it below.

No that was included when I downloaded AGIXP411, so that can't be the problem.
    Also, can someone explain to me what Jeremy meant by a 'byte' and how I copy a 'tileset' in TLP?

And lastly, is there a way to add a pokemon in the game, so it shows up like a person but when you click on it a battle starts? like for Ho-oh and Lugia. For my hack, Pokemon Garnet, I want Moltres to appear in place of Ho-oh, and Ho-oh to appear somewhere else.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2007
    You have to add a setflag command which will activate the National dex.
    Just take a look at the Script when you get the Nationaldex and copy the flag value to use it in your new command.

What does that actually mean???

Grifstar

Certified Shark Bait
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    ... well that was really, REALLY stupid of me ~_~;;

I was trying to clean out my hack tool folder(and updating most of the ones I like using), since I had some really old programs that I never used. Sure enough, I must've hit something vital since now all my tools refuse to work(except for Elite Map and it's programs and Advance Map).

I know I had this problem once before waaay back when I first got my tools, and then later it just 'mysteriously' vanished. But it sucks because now I'm wanting to go back to my old hack project, which I could, but right now I can't change the text around or anything >.>;.

It looks like the file I'm missing is "COMDLG.OCX", if anyone knows what that is and where I can get it. I'm gonna hope that's also the same thing my A-Text is complaining about even though it instead it keeps wanting to crash ;-;...

Also, I want the Pokemon Amp program back.... >.> <.<

EDIT: ..... actually it looks like I'm missing quite a few OCX files....
    EDITEDIT: oh... kay... now it's missing COMDLG32 x_x
    Final edit: FIXED IT! Forget what I said.... ^^;;

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2019
    so long not online...

The Maps in a Pokémon Crystal game can be edited by using Crys-Map, which can be obtained from a download site, listed in the Hacking Tools Reference.

is there another better map editor? i could not edit the events, and pokemon.

question:
    is it possibe to change gym battles into somethings like battle frontier, where you need to select pokemon such as select only 3 pokemon etc.

shirokiryuu

L'Arc Fanatic
    Years
  • I've been experimenting with VBA Link and attemping to use it

But when I load a rom, it works fine, but then when I load the save file, it become distorted and unplayable. I don't understand what happened, because when i played it in VBA 1.6, it works completely fine. Is there a way to fix this?

Mario Famous

Confidential...=/
    Years
  • Thats probably because you have the VBA Link save settings set differently. Use the same exact settings as you did with the VBA, if you used a bios file with the VBA, use the same one with the VBA Link.

I've figured out my problems as well. I'm going to state the solution to them to help other people.

Inserting Pokemon over old ones.*
    Okay, I've read this whole thread and it really didn't help me with this so I figured it out on my own. It's best to use photoshop when editing or putting different sprites in the game. First make a new document in photoshop thats 64x64 in pixels, RGB coloring and a Transparent background. Get the edited sprite or spritesheet that you are using pokemon from and cut and drag the pokemon over to the new document. Once placed in the document go to image and then mode. Go to indexed, for the pallette choose Local (Selective), make sure that the "forced" option is switched to none and the transparency is off. Save the pic as a png.

*note, if the background of the pic is white, change it to an off white type color, It's best to do this because if a pokemon shares the same color with the background, that color will be transparent in the game...and the color white is a part of many pokemon.(I.E eyes)

Next use pokepic or Unlz to insert the pokemon. Be warned, if the pokemon is bigger than the original it will say the image is too big...yse, even though the file sizes are the exact same...I know. Personally I used pokepic to insert pics so I can see if there was an alteration in other pics of the pokemon.

*Note, use the same document for front and back pics of the pokemon, if you dont, you will see that one of the pics will have an alteration in color, thats because the pics do not have the same exact pallete. The front and back pics of the pokemon has to have the exact same pallete.

I hope this hepls the people that had the same troubles I had....this almost drove me back to hack Red and Blue.

Last edited:

moltres_flames

Legendary Collector
    Years
  • help me please!!!

please could someone help me with the following things. (im hacking pokemon gold)

-change the picture of ho-oh on the title screen (didnt rly understand wot jeremy tld me 0_o)
    -add events to make pokemon like moltres appear when u click on a person
    -change in battle sprites of trainers (cant get avixp to work {see my problemo in a previous post})
    -change palletes

please write in baby talk cos im such a noob ^_^

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    I can't compile my script to my ROM.

Look, here's a screenshot:

If it's a problem with the script, please tell me how to correct it.

First, your script is wrong. It should be like this:

#org 0x71DEF4
    checkflag 0x800
    compare LASTRESULT 0x1
    if 0x1 call 0x71EF10
    setflag 0x800
    setflag 0x801
    givepokemon 0x68 0x05 0x00
    message 0x71DF10
    boxset 0x4
    release
    end

#org 0x71EF10
    message 0x71ED20
    boxset 0x4
    release
    end

#org 0x71DF10
    = Take this CUBONE...

#org 0x71ED20
    = How's that CUBONE going?

And second, the ROM you are compiling the script to should be in EliteMap folder with no spaces in its name.

shirokiryuu

L'Arc Fanatic
    Years
  • Thats probably because you have the VBA Link save settings set differently. Use the same exact settings as you did with the VBA, if you used a bios file with the VBA, use the same one with the VBA Link.

I tried that, but it still doesn't work properly. I've never used an bios files, so i don't think it's that.

Mr Snrub

I bark therefore I am
    Years
  • First, your script is wrong. It should be like this:

#org 0x71DEF4
    checkflag 0x800
    compare LASTRESULT 0x1
    if 0x1 call 0x71EF10
    setflag 0x800
    setflag 0x801
    givepokemon 0x68 0x05 0x00
    message 0x71DF10
    boxset 0x4
    release
    end

#org 0x71EF10
    message 0x71ED20
    boxset 0x4
    release
    end

#org 0x71DF10
    = Take this CUBONE...

#org 0x71ED20
    = How's that CUBONE going?

And second, the ROM you are compiling the script to should be in EliteMap folder with no spaces in its name.
    Nice script but I still am getting that error message... If I e-mail you the .ips could you insert the script for me? If so, could you give the script to the Person event behind the house with the Lance sprite or the fat boy (near the lab)?

Please?

Thanks mon

snrub

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2006
    Can anyone tell me ANYWHERE I can download advance text in english right now? Nothing in the Tools Section. Scanning this 67 page thread for answers will take a while :(

sohappy

AIPOM!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2007
    Can anyone tell me ANYWHERE I can download advance text in english right now? Nothing in the Tools Section. Scanning this 67 page thread for answers will take a while :(

You can find most of the tools here. Scizz put this site in the Tools Reference thread before it was erased.

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2010
    i have a new question.
    ( again about scripting )

i have probelms with scripting. ( see other post )
    anyway, here's the next one.

i have this script here:
    Code:
    #org 0x6EDEE0
    message 0x6EDF00
    boxset 0x02 
    end 
    #org 0x6EDF00 
    = Noob!

compiled it correctly.
    but when i tried it out..
    this came:
    ( it appeared for about 1 second, after that the page became black. )
    the music was still playing. :x
    Help?

Last edited by a moderator:

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    um my title screen for my hack is really F'ed up it looks like this:

And this is what i made it out of:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back