• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you a big drinker?

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I don't drink alcohol at all. Part of the reason is because I grew up in a household where there was no alcohol consumption (my parents have had the same bottle of Canadian whisky since before I was born). Another reason is because I have problems with becoming heavily addicted to something, and I don't want to get addicted to something harmful. The last reason is because I don't want to lose control of my mind and actions, and drinking alcohol would cause me to lose that control.

Besides, even just the smell of alcohol makes me nauseous and results in a headache. Ingesting it just sounds like it would be a lot worse.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
    the only thing that's stopping me are potential Disciplinary repercussions and the fact that I don't have any close friends that drink (except for a couple that live in another town so it's inconvenient). I can see myself sitting in my future New York apartment and drinking a glass of wine or three every night while I read Pynchon and listen to another record from my expertly-curated vinyl collection

Her

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2024
    My family, both extended and immediate, have been alcoholics since long before I was born and probably will be for the rest of their lives. Those who aren't alcoholics still hit the bottle more frequently than others, and it took me a long time to get over the impact this constant presence of alcohol had on my upbringing. I got drunk once at 16 and then didn't touch anything until last year, and I only drink wine. Beer and vodka and whatever I'll leave to everyone else, I'll just stick with wine to calm my nerves or to liven up a boring night, but they're very infrequent. I'd just rather not touch alcohol unless I have a good reason to do so.

That all being said, I've retained the signature genetic ability of my family to chug down a bottle of wine without taking a breath and it does make for a good party trick.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    If I'm out at a nice restaurant, I'll have some wine with my meal. For social events, I'll nurse a cocktail.

And that's about it.

I don't get drunk. Never have, never will. I like having full control of my cognitive abilities at all times

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I like to drink, but I don't really drink in public or anything. I sometimes have a drink with a meal when I go to a restaurant, but I don't go to bars. I've been in a bar like...twice, excluding working in them, haha. If I'm gonna drink, I drink at my boyfriend's house. I've never been hammered or anything, but I did drink enough to sing some Beatles...terribly. That was one way to ring in my 22nd. Cheers.

Oh yeah, the day before my 22nd was during band camp and it was the day of the Southerners (my marching band) party. We decided we wanted to pre-game before the party and before night block (working on marching at night), so my boyfriend's roommate and I started chugging the punch he made and then I was like "SHIT WE STILL HAVE TO DRIVE TO NIGHTBLOCK" so then we stopped. lol We get to nightblock and it starts raining and our director cancelled nightblock so everyone's flipping their shit and going home to get ready for the party later so my bf's roommate and I head back to the house and continue the pre-gaming...and play Super Mario World. Then we wanted to get some food later and my bf was gonna drive us to Burger King and at this point, his roommate is just hammered. So he says, "FOOD? OKAY LET'S GO" and we were getting keys and wallets and stuff then realized he wasn't in the house. So my bf calls him and he was like, "I WENT TO GET FOOD." This ho done got on his bike and rode off. So we hop in the car to go find him and we call him again and he's at this chicken place. We go there and we look in the window and we see some guy wearing a shirt like his and my bf backs the car up and says, "don't tell me he broke into coop deville and is making chicken..." Turns out it wasn't him and he had already left the place. He biked to another friend's house...and it was QUITE a far ride. We went over there to make sure he was okay then went back to the house and didn't even go to the party. We just drank that punch that was made earlier and played Jak X. I was like, "OH. THERE. RIGHT THERE. THAT'S ME. JAK. YEAH." So that was pretty exciting. Then Beatles happened. But I mostly thought I was Jak.

I swear I don't have any other alcoholic experiences like this lol.

Last edited:
    Years
    I have never had alcohol or wine before. Well, at least not a whole bottle, but I may have had one sip on a few occasions. Mostly because I don't like the taste of most alcoholic drinks, but I don't think i'll be a drinker anytime soon.

Years
    I am a bit of a drinker. I started kind of late ( at least where my peers were concerned!) at 17. I love tequila, vodka, and scotch. I'm not too big on the mixed drinks, can't taste the liquor that way. :D

Khawill

<3
    Years
    Small guy, heavy drinker at parties. I can out drink a 220 pound dude and still walk back from the party. I prefer mixed drinks though, and don't drink what I mix, I've some friends who won't even taste it lol.

I don't drink often though, and I'm always cautious when I do. My threshold is pretty clear, and I have friends to watch my back. That being said, I'm the nicest guy on earth when drunk. Like, disgustingly nice. I hate reading my drunk texts because it goes against my nature

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I like to drink responsibly.

The only days I like to have some drinks are birthdays, holidays, and New Years. New Years is the ONLY day I get wasted. This past New Years, I drank a 12-pack of Strawberitas + wine + a couple shots of tequila. I was on the floor by sunrise.

I can't say I'm a huge drinker. I've know much bigger drinkers than I am. Ones that drink a 12 pack pretty much every day. I only drank today, and that's the only day I'll drink this week.

And when I'm out with friends, I always volunteer to be a designated driver. It's alright to have fun, mess around, do stupid shit, etc...but you always got someone waiting for ya at home. ;)

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    Never drunk in my life -- legally can't (but what's stopping me?). I'm not a big fan of drinking at home. If it's for a social occasion like a party or going out with friends, then definitely. But otherwise, yeah nah. Haha

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I used to be a very heavy drinker. It was just something that was always a part of my life, with my parents being drinkers and their parents before them and so on. I developed a taste for some of the cheapest of booze, the worst sort of men, and the darkest of depression during a binge. Very quickly I learned it made me the worst version of myself and that the best remedy was at the bottom of the bottle. It's not a lifestyle I recommend for anyone.

Since getting sober, however, I've been dry. I've known to many people killed by both short and long alcohol abuse to justify what I was doing to myself. I've always had a problem with saying, "That's enough for tonight", and "I'm to drunk to drive", so it didn't take long for me to get in very serious and very real trouble. If you know you have that type of addictive personality, just steer clear of the stuff.

Star-Lord

withdrawl .
    Years
    I used to be an alcoholic to the point where I needed to drink two bottles of wine before even considering to fall asleep.

Purged it all out, beat it. I can drink responsibly but choose not to since empty calories. Everyone be safe!

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    I love getting completely wasted from time to time. That being said, I'm very careful about it because my family is prone to alcoholism and I don't want to fall into that category. That being said, once I get my own pay check I might just be buying a lot more booze! It really depends on the people and type of alcohol involved. If its brandy I'm not touching the schtuff. If it's like whiskey or rum, then I'll drink it if the mood feel right/invited by friends. If its Vodka.. well. um. Get it away from me before I drink it all.

Currently I don't do it too often, but when I do, it's a bit of a binge thing so I don't know if that is exactly "good." I don't get hangovers and that might largely be a contributing factor to why I drink as much as I do because if I feel as bad as people who actually get hangovers make it out to be I'd never touch the stuff!

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    Do you drink a lot of alcohol? Not often, but when I do, I drink.

Why or why not? I drink because I don't really care. I don't so much taste it and the burn doesn't feel too bad. So when people ask if I want to have a party or something I'm not going to turn them down. If you're good at something then do it I guess.

Which beverages do you prefer? Patron. I love Patron. Kinky is also great, it's usually what I start out on at parties with some CAH or beer pong.

How old where you when you started drinking? I had my first wine cooler when I was about 3 or 4 and then I'd sneak a swig here and there of whatever we had in the freezer for a couple years, then when I got into highschool I would take a shot or two before getting on the bus every morning because I stayed up too late and was really depressed.

Do your friends drink a lot? They're about like me, they don't drink a lot unless we're at a party, and those are hard to plan when everyone lives in different states and are trying to have lives and shit.

Do you mind that people drink? Nah. Doesn't really bother me, it's just when people start doing shit like just because you're drunk and everyone else is drunk that doesn't mean you can kiss other people when you're in a relationship. Just because you're buying everyone shots on the 4th of July doesn't mean that you can run off and be with other people and leave the ones you invited alone on the sidewalk. Shit just pisses me off.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    I drink once in a while and not very often. I personally not that fond of drinking or its taste, but once on occasion, once every party or something like that.

I don't really drink anything in particular, ciders usually and occasionally wine.

My mum let me have a small sip of a margarita when I was 16, but I never really did start drinking till I was around 18 which is the legal age here.

Sure my friends drink, most of them definitely more than me. Very dependent on which friend group as well since a lot of my friends from college and my uni theatre friends drink way more than my design uni friends. I'm used to it due to the drinking culture around here so I don't mind the drinking much.

Years
    I would definitely not say I'm a big drinker. I don't really even like most types of alcohol that most (emphasis on the most) people drink in large quantities. My tastes don't really go beyond white wine and mixed vodka drinks, occasionally some rum or tequila. I started drinking at around 18, first year of college, pretty typical. Some of my friends drink a lot, some don't drink at all. I don't mind when people drink to a certain extent. Sometimes drunk people can behave in a rather entertaining way.

pkmin3033

I don't drink at all. I've never really cared for the taste of alcohol, and I just don't see the appeal of losing all cognitive ability and self control anyway...especially considering the hangovers most people get when these things return to them the following day. Being around drunk people is quite annoying, and the smell tends to linger afterwards as well. It's more trouble than it's worth, and I have other, less damaging ways to have fun.

How people choose to drink is, of course, up to them, and I don't begrudge them that. I'd just prefer that they don't do it around me is all, and would rather avoid it myself.

Years
    I don't drink very much at all, I don't want lose control of my actions for all sorts of reasons and I certainly don't want to become a risk to the people around me. On top of that... well most alcohol tastes like crap and it's really bad for my teeth which I'm really careful about looking after these days.

I like vodka mixed with various juices
    Cruisers are fine
    Assorted midori concoctions taste amazing
    Bailey's chocolate milk thing is alright
    Rum and Sambucca(?) are on the "must try" list

Scotch, Whisky, Beer, Wine, Champagne are all revolting.

I demand an emblem for anyone brave enough to try gin and chocolate milk. or who get the reference

Back