• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you a sexist trainer?

Are you a sexist trainer?

• Yes

Votes: 27 23.1%
  • No

Votes: 90 76.9%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2013
    I'm only sexist when it comes time to catch a Combee, or similar gender-based evolutions.

For awhile (till badge 4, I think), my D/P game had 3 guys, 3 girls, by total coincedence. I dropped the female Haunter because my other Pokemon could handle anything without her though. Still, I don't really care much about that kind of stuff.

BassBuster

Thats just the way I roll
    Years
    I used to, but then I figured it was stupid. No offence to people who only catch male or female pokemon. I just don't think it's worth the trouble anymore.

Dragonfree

Teh Spwriter. :3
    Years
    Where did you get so many Mews?
    ...or more importantly, where the heck did he get a Mew with a gender? Mew is genderless. o_O

I'm a 'sexist' trainer in the sense that sometimes I specifically want a male of a certain species or a female of a certain species. However, this is not because of the gender itself, but simply because of the gender differences in Diamond and Pearl. I think male Luxray look better than female Luxray, so I caught a male Shinx. On the other hand, I think female Meditite look better than the males, so I got a female. I wanted a female Butterfree because I think they look better, although I ended up going with a male because he had insanely good IVs. When it comes to Pokémon whose genders look the same, or when I like both equally, I don't care. Most of the time I don't even notice the gender. I have no idea whether half of my team is male or female.

STEELIXMANIAC

Hatena de Wasshoi!
    Years
    In a sense, yes. I have this habit of getting females or males for a specific species of Pokémon. Some have to always be male and some have to always be female. Yes, I'm weird like that. I can't help it.

Although, oddly enough, I get female Pokémon with the nature that I want and don't get it when I catch males. >_> Also, I found it weird that my female Pokémon to male Pokémon ratio was about 5:1. Sometimes it's the encounter rate problems - I encounter more female Pokémon than male ones.

MUSION

>:)
    Years
    I prefer to mainly raise male pokemon, because then I can breed down moves later if I need/want to. I'll have female Pokemon if that gender suits them more, eg. Gardevoir.

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2008
    My Raichu is always a male. Other then that I don't really care. Some Pokemon to me seem more like a female or more like a male, but I'm not going to be selective about the gender. I'll take what ever I get!

Hissy Fit

Paranoia + Insomnia= Me
    Years
    Typically I try to have balanced team, both gender and type-wise. When I can, I try to get female starters. This isn't because of my gender, but it seems that the only NPC trainer pokémon that use attract are female.

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
    Sweeties, what is this concept of "gender"? o.o;

XD

Anyway sweeties, I don't really care about of the gender of my Pokémon. ^^;

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    Seeing as males are usually preferable thanks to breeding matters, and the majority of trainers are male, I will say it is just a coincidence.

Having said that, breeding preference or not, I train the best Pokemon I can find. Gender is not a factor in whether I consider one the best(with the notable exceptions of Snorunt, Ralts, & Combee, XD).

lugialover1997

POKEMON ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2008
    MISTYS SO HOTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back