• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you a vegetarian who doesn't eat animal products to stop them from being killed?

Years
    I respect vegans, sure. One my of my friends is a vegan and I respect him for whatever. But yeah... man has the mentality to keep on consuming and he doesn't really care. So being a vegan/vegetarian won't really do anything but just ... slow it down probably? You might have slowed it down but you surely have not stopped it.

Hydraconis Requiseq-Hrael

The Derkesthai of Hraelis
    Years
    Being a Christian, I will mention the Bible. It tells us that even though we were created among the animals, we are not animals; we have souls, and we should not often compare ourselves to others who do not, but we were given sovereignty over them, so we were called to protect the creatures of the Earth, but our needs come first, and we need meat to live. According to the Bible, carnivoration is a punishment; when Adam caused the first sin, God bestowed on all creation the act of competition for survival. Now, the survival of species relies on the death of the unfit. Compared to the overall death and birth of animals, our consuming them is futile.

Jarman

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2006
    Overlord Sato said:
    Wow and you actually agree with this article...? And why let me put it this way, you have a problem. You can't handle others having a different opinion than that of yourself...JERK! If you recall the old topic on Vegitarianism from I think the T-Dome, we had a very good debate on it. Vegitarianism is not a beleif but a moral beleif that a person feels is right. You think its OK to eat meat and they don't...DEAL WITH IT...BYE! :dead:

I never said I hated vegetarians. I didn't make that site. I just agree with his standpoints on how vegetarians aren't helping anything.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    mmm...steak ^_^

I think I've said this before in the T-dome, but since that went bye-bye (thank Heaven), I'll state it again here. People who are vegetarians primarily for their little moral dillemma are some of the more insane people on the planet...they get even worse when they become PETA militants. The point is, it's impossible to save the animals from getting eaten. It is their destiny to be eaten and we humans need the meat to survive.

Jarman

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2006
    tmbjr said:
    mmm...steak ^_^

I think I've said this before in the T-dome, but since that went bye-bye (thank Heaven), I'll state it again here. People who are vegetarians primarily for their little moral dillemma are some of the more insane people on the planet...they get even worse when they become PETA militants. The point is, it's impossible to save the animals from getting eaten. It is their destiny to be eaten and we humans need the meat to survive.

How was the T-Dome ridding bad?

Insanity Mawile

OGMWTFBBQTEHSTFU!!!!!!!!1
    Years
    I read through some of it, then I was like "skip to the point, please."

I'm not a vegetarian, but I know some of what he says is biased. Some or most vegetarians are only semi or lacto/ovo or both. That means they eat dairy, eggs, fish, fowl, whatever. And most of them do it for health-not animal rights. Not all of them are-to put it bluntly-tree huggers, or people who do yoga. They're able to live normal lives even if they don't eat certain types of meat or animal by-products.

And that talk about "eating meat makes you guilty?" I don't think so. There's a few guys at my school who don't eat certain types of meat just because they don't like the taste. What that guy was doing in my opinion was stereotyping Vegetarians.

Us humans can't live on soy beans for protein. Humans (which I might add are animals) eat other animals, it's nature. They eat us to survive, and vice versa. But some people think it's better to put their health in Jeopardy to save the lives of a few dozen animals-which will die anyway.

Last edited:

Years
    You cannot be so sure that humans are animals that you just tell people that without noting it as a theory. The very questionable relationship between animals and humans is based entirely on the Evolution Theory. The school text books make very few notes of what is fact and what is theory because normally very few theories ever have most students' credibility, and this could easily damage Evolutionism. Many teachers, doctors, professors, and writers are even told to lie if they have to.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Hydraconis Requiseq-Hrael said:
    You cannot be so sure that humans are animals that you just tell people that without noting it as a theory. The very questionable relationship between animals and humans is based entirely on the Evolution Theory. The school text books make very few notes of what is fact and what is theory because normally very few theories ever have most students' credibility, and this could easily damage Evolutionism. Many teachers, doctors, professors, and writers are even told to lie if they have to.

You can save this for an Evolution vs. Creation debate...it's kinda off-topic here.

Jarman said:
    How was the T-Dome ridding bad?
    hm? I didn't say that the T-dome ridding was bad. It was good that the T-dome was deleted. A lot less sectionalism would pop up on PC without it.

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    Why do you guys just LOVE bashing vegans? They are not insane, they just don't feel right eating animals so they eat veggies. wtf's wrong with that?

They probably just feel sick to their stomachs thinking how animals get killed, they just can't eat meat because of it. Jesus pleezus! Leave them alone already >_>

Porygon

Banned
    Years
    Mwar, not all animals that are killed for meat are killed imhumanely. I agree that there are some places that do it wrong, and I can see where people want to be vegetarians beacuse they may think that all animals are killed that way. But... "prey" animals are prey for a reason, it is natural that they get eaten, it's their purpose. Without them there would be starvation and alot more death, in much worse ways [wouldn't you rather die quickly by a predator's teeth than starve to death?]. Humans are omnivourous for a reason.

...Am I making any sense? Mwar, I lost myself awhile ago o_o

Years
    You made perfect sense, Porygon; and please do not take the most of us for bashing vegetarians, CaRTOON. This would probably be a better discussion if more vegetarians would speak up and tell us their beliefs, but apparently there are too few. I apologize if the discussion looks one-sided. I understand not eating meat, considering that there are many proteins that I dislike; I still cannot bring myself to like steak for some reason, and we are all aware of the brutalities such as slaughtered veal.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    Guys, I don't think anything anyone says is going to change anyone's beliefs about whether or not eating meat is okay. This thread is silly.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 19, 2016
    No, I practically live on meat since I hate eggs and cheese...and veggies...and I get really crabby if I go without protein for more than two hours....
    Because...You always stop typing for like, ten minutes...and it makes you type more

Years
    I will choose not to believe that. I am a vegetarian now, because I am trying to STOP all the senseless killing.

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    @_@ I don't think that this thread is one-sided or anything. Its just that I get pissed when people claim vegans are insane. :/ I got some vegan friends, and they're not insane at all.

They just don't like meat, and feel wrong about eating meat. There's nothing wrong with that.

Back