• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you a vegetarian who doesn't eat animal products to stop them from being killed?

Hydraconis Requiseq-Hrael

The Derkesthai of Hraelis
    Years
    We all...? The ones who called vegetarians insane are much more specific than "all of us." Did you not read my other post? Since you are here, and you are a vegetarian, I would like to hear your side of the story. So please, enlighten us.

RexRaptor

Bow to the Kaiser
    Years
    If they leave me alone, Im fine. If they teak away my steak, I get mad. Simple as that. Take away my steak, And I swear I shall shove it down your throat. Veggitarians are fine, Just leave me alone.

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    Hydraconis Requiseq-Hrael said:
    We all...? The ones who called vegetarians insane are much more specific than "all of us." Did you not read my other post? Since you are here, and you are a vegetarian, I would like to hear your side of the story. So please, enlighten us.
    Don't be a smart-aleck. You KNOW whom we meant by "you all". We didn't say anything insulting, now did we?

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    I'm not a vegetarian, but to be honest that article isn't that great :/
    Unless you're a pure meat-eater, you will still be eating the wheat and other products that use combine harvesters, yet i don't see meat-eaters bounding after a rabbit run over by a harvester :/
    With regards to vegetarianism in general, if that's the way they choose to live then that's fine :3 i am an animal lover, but i believe it's part of the natural circle of life to be able to eat what we were meant to -we have the teeth of omnivores, not herbivores so i don't see much harm in it, although i do refuse to eat game as i believe that we have all the animals we need in captivity for food already so there's no need to start killing wild animals that are part of herds and families as well.
    The way that the article suggests not eating the animals that you kill is precisely the reason i'm so against people wearing fur, though >.>

RexRaptor

Bow to the Kaiser
    Years
    I can see your point, But we also need to keep certain populations of animal under control. For instance, In Austraila, It has been litterly over-run by a type of Rabbit, and due to it, It has killed quite a bit of the natural wild life. And since its such a new animal, It has no natural predator other then the Humanbeing. Deer also become overly populated in some parts of the US, Which is why they are hunted.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Why don't you just call those people vegans? It's so much shorter than "a vegetarian who doesn't eat animal products". Sheesh...

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    Unless you eat the animal, hunting shouldn't happen at all, and i still don't believe in hunting game since it's so unneeded as we already have captive animals and hunting wild animals just breaks up and can kill families :/
    Hunting because they're becoming 'overpopulated' is just crap really XD if an animal species become overpopulated then they will naturally die out because they do not have the resources to share..it's nature's way, nature can handle it better than we can.
    Besides, humans are definately not apt to talk about overpopulation..should we start killing those who live in africa just because it's an overpopulated country? >.> i hate it when people think that by killing the animals they're doing them a favour because they're 'overpopulated'..

Alana

I still love this world...
    Years
    I can't finish reading it. I had no idea people considers vegans to be assholes and cocks. I feel more than a little insulted. If anyone had any common sense they'd know that of course rabbits and field mice and snakes were killed by the grain machines and all. But here's another message. NON VEGETARIANS EAT GRAINS TOO!!!!!!!!! I dun eat tofu. That stuff is nasty and vegan burgers give me stomach ache. But you realize this is written by some one who doesn't like vegans. Why? I dunno. I've gotten plenty of comments at school cause of it! Yeah I'm ticked about this. There's more to vegans then the fact that they don't want cows and chickens slaughtered ok! Some dun eat meat cause they think it's nasty. Some for animal rights and some for other reasons I guess. Think before you start off by saying it's the true light of anything because you're wrong. Vegans are not idiotic imbeciles you know. Animals are killed every day and not just for food. Car, cutting down trees, etc. Not just by grain machines. Sheesh.

Last edited:

Asura Nirosuki

Shes a good person~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2014
    It is true that animals Kill them selves to Live...But what about us?. Unlike them were "ABLE" and "CAN" use "Technology" To Create Other...umm....Ways to eat Fine. :) Instead off Killing Inoccent Lives and Act like Monsters.

FireEmporer

I win. You lose.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 3, 2006
    Millions of animals? Yeah right. A few might occasionally get cought in stuff like that, but most animals are good at moving away from cars and stuff. I'm a veggitarian because I love animals, and have seen what happens to them. I know vegitarianism can't stop suffering of animals, but it can reduce it.

On a side note, the members here seem to like hating vegitarinism

Asura Nirosuki

Shes a good person~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2014
    I did and it doesn't need to be closed cause you voiced your own opion.<3
    People haven't tryed hard enough just to enjoy what nature plants for us and that is what really sickens me. >_>

Years
    If you don't want animals to be killed, you might as well try to change the whole world. Make EVERYONE a vegetarian. It ain't gonna happen.

They're STILL gonna make burgers.

If someone is a vegetarian because they think there's too much rubbish in them after being processed, I'll say, that's reasonable.

But if you want to stop animals in being killed, not eating meat is not gonna help(much).

Last edited:

Asura Nirosuki

Shes a good person~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2014
    bna_li said:
    But if you want to stop animals in being killed, not eating meat is not gonna help(much).

If i hade a choice to live a life on earth with eating nothing but helpless animals.
    I wouldn't choose to live at all. :disappoin

Years
    That's just you. How about everyone else or almost everyone else in the world.

You not eating animals is probably insecurity.

See, we have to eat them, it's a 'circle of life.'

If we don't eat them, there will be too many of one kind and too few of another.

I think what that guy said in the website was pretty stupid.

First taking one side, then another. Nothing else to say about him.

Asura Nirosuki

Shes a good person~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2014
    bna_li said:
    That's just you. How about everyone else or almost everyone else in the world.

You not eating animals is probably insecurity.

See, we have to eat them, it's a 'circle of life.'

If we don't eat them, there will be too many of one kind and too few of another.

I see Theres another Human who hasn't tryed hard enough to like what nature gives us. -.- Watermelons,berrys,coconuts. ECT all those things Easliy fill your stomach.

Years
    OK, so now you're using that argument again.

Love watermelon, fruits, whatever, but why should we have moral standards for killing animals, and not for the cruel PLUCKING of fruits?

Animals were made to be eaten, just like fruits.

Nature? What nature has given us? And ANIMALS aren't part of it, then?

Years
    They're not helpless. They have weapons. (In a way.)

Who DECIDES if they were born or not to be eaten?

Not YOU.

Back