• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ARE YOU ASHAMED OR EMBARASSED?

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    Wow, maybe school life is a lot different in other countries? I'm in my last year at school and I know a ton of people who play Pokemon. In my Physics class there is a group of people who sit at the back and play Pokemon (Silver and Gold) all through the spell. And they're not "nerdy" or anything either. I know these people, I don't know them personally but I've seen them at parties and they are definitely not nerdy. Some are among the most popular kids in school.

I'm certainly not afraid of liking Pokemon. Although I admit some years back I might have been. After Primary School when it wasn't cool to play Pokemon anymore was when my interest in Pokemon actually started so I didn't really tell anyone. I gave it up after a couple of years, but then 2 years ago my friends and I were bored and decided to try Pokemon and again and we were all hooked. We talk about it (openly) all the time and no one gets bullied for it. Girls however don't seem to play it, well not many.

I'm more interested in Pokemon then most people at school, and definitely the most out of my friends. I hack Pokemon roms now and surprisingly (to me) I'm some what embarrassed of it. I don't know why, though. My friends know I do it but no one else.

Commander_Latios

The man of Eternal Boredom...
    Years
    Ashamed or embarassed? Nope. Not in the least. Why should I be, I know people in their 20's who like it as much as i do and admit it.

I've been made fun of before at school. One of the morons actually called me a furry-lover. Know what I said?

"What was your first guess?" and then walked off. I'm not afraid to admit it. They hate me anyway.

PB.

'PB
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2011
    I haven't told anyone, not because I'm embaresed its just never come up. Plus everyone has interests its no-one business if you don't want too tell anyone.

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2008
    I accidentally let it sort of slip that I love it, so now I'm in a deep depression on account of the seemingly never-ending teasing. I actually used to be very popular, but since then have been having dark thoughts about ending my life.
    Sorry for the life story, but to get slightly back on topic, I am not ashamed of loving Pokemon, I'm ashamed of my old "friends" and embarrassed i was associated with them. It doesn't help the teasing though...

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2011
    Pokemon is an on and off thing for me. I'm long past the days where I'd spend all day playing with it, but I still recognize it as an interesting concept that I can play around with when I'm bored.

That said, it's never a good idea to let people at school know you like it, because there's rarely anything good that will come of it.

Ruffresia

Johto Coordinator.
    Years
    I'm not ashamed or embarrassed. Just like all the other kids at school have their obsessions, I have mine. No one really even cares what I like, so if I told anyone, they probably wouldn't listen. Guess I'm lucky?

Years
    I have never been embarassed and/or ashamed of my obvious obbsession with Pokemon. Most people I know know about it and most don't care and the ones that make fun of me for it or call me gay or whatever I just shrug because I know that I'm more secure with who I am than they are that I can openly admit that I like something that is considered by most to be childish...yeah...I'm deep

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    I have never been embarassed and/or ashamed of my obvious obbsession with Pokemon. Most people I know know about it and most don't care and the ones that make fun of me for it or call me gay or whatever I just shrug because I know that I'm more secure with who I am than they are that I can openly admit that I like something that is considered by most to be childish...yeah...I'm deep

yup, i get what your saying dude, & you are deep:
    ARE YOU ASHAMED OR EMBARASSED?
    seriously.

Freestyle Farfetch'd

I'm Magneto
    Years
    I have to say no ashamed feelings here, I just -- Well, I just cant see anyone taking the entire thing seriously enough, I guess. I don't see why anyone would be that bothered by me, a known eccentric around school being into Pokemon. I also have an acute ability to draw people into my hobbies. =)

What I've been doing with Pokemon is distributing ROMs of Emerald and Leaf Green around the school, to all who will take. I even track down foreign language versions of the games for the large contingent of Spanish/German people at my school. It's a kind of viral marketing thing, too. One guy sees another guy play, they come to me asking for the ROM (I'm known for giving out free games.)

Actualy, hang on. I didn't do any of that, because I'm an upstanding, law abiding citizen. =D

But really, those who are fearful of retribution - I wouldn't be. It's just really, really, not that bigger deal in most people's minds, and I think you'll find that you've been letting yourself get into a hussy about it. Don't overdo it though - don't shove it down people's throats, people hate that. (I used to do that when I was little, and pissed a lot of people of because of it.) Be happy to play around the school, and, try and find some perfectly legal (like mine, of course =P), way of spreading it.

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    What I've been doing with Pokemon is distributing ROMs of Emerald and Leaf Green around the school, to all who will take. I even track down foreign language versions of the games for the large contingent of Spanish/German people at my school.
    tracking down foreign languages just for your Spanish/German people at your school??(i admire your patience dude!!!)

Freestyle Farfetch'd

I'm Magneto
    Years
    Man, it's not that hard, They're right there with the English versions of the games at my ultra-top secret ROM downloading location. Thanks for the compliments, though. =)

milovan93

xxMVPxx
    Years
    I dont care

Im 14 in year 10 and its seems so babysish. Not to me though. Ive gone through all of the FADS ( yugioh, beybladez, etc) but pokemon is the one that has made a lasting impression on me. I have nt played with the cards or games in 6 years but lately something clciked. I realised what id been searching for for all this time. Pokemon man i love it im a Gold fan and i lve the cards. But the tv show hasnt been the same since the frist few seasons.

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    Man, it's not that hard, They're right there with the English versions of the games at my ultra-top secret ROM downloading location. Thanks for the compliments, though. =)

sure, but ill compliment you again, your a helpful trainer^_^"!

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    See?What did i tell ya'?
    Did that get of your chest now did it^_^"!

pong08

Black & White... don't fail me
    Years
    I am proud to say that I've been a fan of pokemon since I was 10 years old. 10!! The age when you start your own journey. As time had passed, I only got tired out of the show, but not the manga nor the games. I pretty much talk about pokemon and(some other topics), but really I don't care if someone makes fun of me or think that I'm uncool because I still like pokemon.(Considering that I'm 18)Long Live Pokemon!!

pinksyllibus

a lunar antidote
    Years
    In High School, yeah I have to admit I rarely admitted that I'm a Pokemon fan. Only a few people knew about it, and those who did didn't really care, as they are just as crazy as I am >=D

Now, I really don't care. I'm over that phase, hehe.

Back