• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ARE YOU ASHAMED OR EMBARASSED?

Years
    ARE YOU ASHAMED OR EMBARASSED THAT PEOPLE KNOW THAT YOU LIKE POKEMON, OR THEY SAY ITS BABYISH?
    FOR ME IM NOT, EVERYBODY KNOWS I LIKE POKEMON IN SCHOOL(I STARTED IT ANYWAY)I LOVE POKEMON WHO CARES WHAT THEY SAY & IM PROUD OF IT!!!!!!^_^"!

You sound like me.
    Everyone knows that I play pokemon and I too got all my friends playing it aswell, it was so funny...One moment I was playing and talking about it to my best friend and the next day he and all his friends had brought theirs in.

It's really strange that without knowing me and all my best friends love Pokemon :D. We aren't bothered what other people think =)

i'd love to yell it out, but at the risk of NOT getting a girlfriend...

Omg that's awful...I feel sorry for you.

If I found out, a guy I fancied, played Pokemon, it'd be amazing! No, awesome!

I say that when you're next with a girl [that you like], ask them if they watch cartoon or anime or anything of that genre and then ask their opinion on Pokemon and see what they say. It may work.

And also, the girl should respect in what you like and what your interested in. If she liked something that you didn't, you'd still try and make an effort to join in, in what she likes, right?

Last edited:

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    Yes, I am so embarrassed. Anytime someone asks me if I like Pokemon, I turn pink and say "No," making it completely obvious with my breaking voice that I'm lying. Then I turn around and walk away, only to have them scream at me, "Haha, ___ likes Pokemon." And then I feel like a child. And I'm so scared they might tell all of my other friends and have them make fun of me behind my back. God, it's so embarrassing - you have no idea. OMG, if everyone knew, I would so totally /die/. Like, omigosh~

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2011
    As much as I like the games.....I'm not gonna tell people and i'm gonna lie to people that ask. It's hard leaving a childhood thing....and i dont plan to cause i still love the games. but I'm def. not going around HS and saying guys hey guess what i caught ____ OMG"

-HeaveN-

In this craziness, absurdity..
    Years
    Why would I be embarrased? It just because of Pokemon that I got to meet my best-friend in the whole wide world(www). It has always widened the world for me,I know it sounds stupid, But I say I owe Pokemon so much!

People will say anything they like. Why should I agree and go-on liking to what they want me to? I live my life and I have the right to lead it in the way I like.

Thankyou Pokemon, for giving me the sense of friendship. It's way better to like Pokemon than to watch some lame show or movies (which may contain elder stuff as well)

Good Day.​

Years
    Sometimes I do, but then I just remember that it doesn't matter what people say or think. It does suck though when most of your friends don't like pokemon and you do though.

Years
    I'm a little ashamed, personally. Kinda the same way I feel about watching Spongebob- I feel that I'm too old for it, but love it anyway. ~_~

I watch Spongebob Squarepants aswell :D
    I think holding on to childhood things like Pokemon and Spongebob helps a person keep young, keeps them alive, definatly keeps the imagination alive...Well thats what I think. What's so good about growing up?
    Who cares if you're too old to watch or play something...I'm too old to be watching Spongebob but I still watch it...I love it.

You shouldn't be ashamed...It's part of you. Pokemon's been part of my life for 10years.

If you are embarassed just think...you got us here :D

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    Great to here!!!,
    Be what you Want to be Not what others want to see...^_^"!

Tanaie

•♥~Yaoi~♥•
    Years
    Well...Sometimes my friends tease me about it, if I try and talk about it.
    They usually say..."z0mgzZ! POKEMONZz ISH G@YY!!"
    xD...But I just laugh and shake it off. :P
    It's what I like, and they can't tell me off!
    Besides...How is Pokemon Homosexual? xD
    lulz :]

GoodPokemonTrainer121

Pokemon Lover
    Years
    i really like pokemon but i got to be honest i get embarassed bc sometimes u tell someone then they tell everyone in school and they bully u
    but i can trust one of my friend =D

Years
    No, not at all. Its just another game - it doesn't run my life.

I've had people shout immature comments - adults too, sadly. Even if I was just playing the gameboy with a completely unrelated game grown men would pass by and blurt "lol pokemon, what a geek". Just proves their idiocy.

Its not a defining factor of who I am, so I have nothing to be ashamed of.

Annuhh5

White and nerdy.
    Years
    I've been playing Pokemon ever since Yellow came out when I was 9, I got it for Christmas! :D I played it on my brand new Pocket Gameboy, hehe, good memories.
    Now I'm 17, got a DS and Diamond for my 17th Birthday. My sister who is 8 years older than me, makes fun of me every now and then, but she gets over it. My parents don't care anymore, I'm a slight nerd when it comes to video games :)
    All my friends know that I like video games and Pokemon, they don't care, a few still play. I remember one guy friend playing Silver on a colour Game Boy in the school carpark before school. :D
    We had a small discussion about it...
    I guess im just lucky to have friends that don't care about it. When the connection tour was in Aust. a few weeks ago, one of my friends told me we could go and play for a bit even though shes not really a fan at all. lol.
    Yep
    Rambled a bit, awell!

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    I'll be 100% truthful. I don't care. Everyone is entitled to what the like right? it is just like some people play football and others play soccer or whatever. Its their choice

Blue Sapphire

Fire-type Lover
    Years
    I'm not embarassed about people knowing I like Pokemon. They don't actually tease me or anything. Well, everybody has their own interests, right?

Back