• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ARE YOU ASHAMED OR EMBARASSED?

Deadly Arbok

Team Rocket's executive agent
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Apr 12, 2009
    I don't shout out to the wind that I like Pokemon and all. But if someone asks me about it, than I tell the truth about watching the shows. And where I live, 9 times out of 10, they're one of those old school Pokemon fans, and so it really isn't much of a big deal. In fact, I don't think I ever got seriously insulted for liking it.

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    I used to have a shirt that had POkemon on it, and I stopped wearing it at school as I got older not to be made fun of. Some of my friends know I like Pokemon though. As much as I don't want to be ashamed of it, people make me feel a little ashamed sometimes, but there is nothing to be ashamed of for hacking, but I like hacking and I like the anime too.

Years
    Though I don't go around telling everybody who will listen that I'm a pokemon fan, I don't attempt to conceal that knowledge from anyone. For me, pokemon is a hobby, an activity that I can do every now and again when I'm bored or when I just feel like it. Liking pokemon is nothing to be ashamed of; it's a complex, creative strategy game, which is why I enjoy playing it. Whether or not people accept that does not prevent me from playing games of the series.

~GallantBlade~

Master trainer
    Years
    for a month ago i was a little embarassed about it... but i dont care if someone thinks im to old for it anymore! POKEMON RULES!!!:D

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 14, 2009
    Meh, it's something I enjoy, why the hell should anyone else be the judge of what I like?

Basically, I play it in my own time, and with my close friends who accept me for it. Other then that, it's packed away. :)

MoonlightUmbreon

The Shifting Shadow
    Years
    I can't care less if people know. In fact everyone does know now. I don't get embarrassed, but I do get angry at the idiots who have nothing better to do in their "worthwhile" time than to take someone down just to make themselves feel more confident about their self. I'm more of a fan of other things that I wouldn't dare say at school though, for different reasons than embarrassment and so-forth.

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
    I'm not emmbares anyway in school everyone likes it so why would I Just one person who I hate at school makes fun of me but I've been dealing with that boy since the first grade I'm now imune to him but he also wants pearl :D.

sanny the hedgehog

Back by popular demand?
    Years
    most of my friends like pokemon, but my class doesn't. im popular at school and some people look at me wierd for liking pokemon, but i'am not ashamed or any thing like that!

Years
    Here's a story. In 3rd Grade all I used to talk about was Pokemon, cause I thought everyone liked it like they did in 2nd Grade at my old school, I wasn't really embarassed cause no one really laughed at me. By 4th Grade though I felt embarassed because i looked back and realized I was kind of too talkitive about Pokemon, since then I stopped talking about it at school, but I still love Pokemon.

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
    I have sort of a love/point-and-laugh relationship with Pokemon. In public, I never mention that I like Pokemon. The thing is, even though I love Pokemon, I see so many things about it that are simply ridiculous--like the fact that the anime serves essentially as an advertisement, and that the newer versions of the games have the poor design choice of not changing enough.

I wouldn't say I'm "ashamed or embarrassed" of liking Pokemon, I just don't see the need in telling anyone outside of the internet that I like it.

balthamos

Eeveephile, nom nom!
    Years
    Never to be emmbarased about it, its a part of me. I love pokemon and I wont hide it. my rooms completely pokefied( One side of it ) And I am a happy person to admit that I do love my pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2013
    i wish i could be as strong as some of you. im terribly embarrased, but i am a HUGE fan of Pokemon. its mainly around people i dont know, or distant relatives that im most embarrased by. other than that, my best friends like it and my mom lives with it.

Zero Seven

ψ(`∇´)ψ
    Years
    You shouldn't post in all caps. People who think you're screaming at us. I don't wanna be sceamed at. 3:

But yeah, I'm proud to love this wonderful fandom. They actually call me pika-girl at school, but who cares, right? ^^

Agree, all caps FTL ^____~

Anyway, pokemon is win, no reason to be ashamed.

Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2012
    With certain people yes, I was not going to go around school telling people I liked Pokemon and even had my own website about it, but I know others my age who like Pokemon and they are who I discussed it with.

[Technya]

Chick in riot gear!
    Years
    Not at all.
    Quite frankly I don't care whether people know or not. My friends and boyfriend know I'm into it and they don't make fun of me at all. I have however had to endure others poking fun at me for it but I don't give two ****s about their "opinion".

Making fun = not an opinion.

Truth is everyone is into something others will classify as "dorky" so who cares. Besides, once upon a time 98% of kids/teens/young adults were into it. Some of us just stuck to it still some years later :3

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2008
    A Bit yeah since I am a bit shy but I plan on letting my friends know once I get more courageous

Back